• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Usain Bolt!

Rowdy

We have to turn this media attention into dollars. It’s no good being a gimmick if we don’t make some cash

This ⬆!
- Optus is an absolute no brainer for pitching to, to come on board as a CCM front of shirt sponsor .... LONG TERM.

Optus have stated their intention to be NOT just be a Telecommunications carrier BUT also a major sports content provider in Australia.

They first wrangled the EPL rights from 'resting on their laurels' FoxSports .... they had hiccups to begin - with but ride out that storm.

Then backed that effort up, by continuing again at beating Fox for 2018 WC games from rights holder SBS, but miserably #FAILED that up & now need to get some skin back in the game.

I think that Optus could potentially take the A-League from Fox sometime in the future, but need to bide their time with considered planning.
- & what better way to do that then 'dipping their toe' in the Australian Footballing waters by sponsoring an A-League team ... like us at CCM.

Figure out the the FFA from within the League itself for a season or 2, before then throwing in a well planned & strategic bid for TV/Digital rights of the HAL/WWL/Socceroo's.

The FFA are ALL about 'fishing where there are fish'.
- CCM need to up that ante
......... & go after the BIG FISH.

This Bolt deal should be all about NOTHING but the .....

Last edited:

Scotty

I think it's an exciting prospect, but not sure whether it will be fruitful.

We paid a chunk of coin for Garcia's stint. How did that work out for us? The players that were around at the time are no longer with us. So any mentoring he provided has also gone. It didn't improve ticket sales immensely, nor did it move us up the ladder.

Will this enable us to purchase a top quality striker?

Will we be seen as a comedy football club?

This season is make or break for us. Make no doubt about it. I hope this doesn't add to our woes.

Interesting times ahead.

marinermick

I think it's an exciting prospect, but not sure whether it will be fruitful.

We paid a chunk of coin for Garcia's stint. How did that work out for us? The players that were around at the time are no longer with us. So any mentoring he provided has also gone. It didn't improve ticket sales immensely, nor did it move us up the ladder.

Will this enable us to purchase a top quality striker?

Will we be seen as a comedy football club?

This season is make or break for us. Make no doubt about it. I hope this doesn't add to our woes.

Interesting times ahead.

This pretty much summarises everything about the prospect of bringing him here. (Aside from Big Al's impregnation/DNA comment)

style_cafe

It’s a long term plan. Hear me out.

We sign him for the season.

He roots every woman on the coast. We have a baby explosion of unique dna.
We put some into the athletic team and the rest we give them a football from birth and train them.
Then we will have thousands of TBT’s. Fast as f**k with a shit first touch but the bolts will still get to the ball first from that touch unlike TBT
Bloody hell Al,great idea mate! We could then sell them a Mariners shirt,sign them up as members and fill the stadium for the whole season. Imagine a stadium full of women with a permanent smile on their face. Brilliant!!!!!

marinermick

Bloody hell Al,great idea mate! We could then sell them a Mariners shirt,sign them up as members and fill the stadium for the whole season. Imagine a stadium full of women with a permanent smile on their face. Brilliant!!!!!

Would sure beat the amount of Wolfrey Wolfe DNA going around the Central Coast at the moment.

Rowdy

Would sure beat the amount of Wolfrey Wolfe DNA going around the Central Coast at the moment.
Haha.
Suppose Jamaican 'en masse' babies on the Centy Coast, by way of Wolfe NOT making CCM's playing roster is a small price to pay for sparing us the MarinerMick 'nudey run' o_O down Mann St if he had of played a game hey. ;)

Offsider

ok I'm in on the trial,6 weeks of world media attention is nothing to sneeze at. All they have to do is fly the Thai cave rescue media to they Central Coast and we're ready to go. If he turns out better than some of the dudd we've had then it may pay off for us. I'm sure CCS will be full if he gets through the trial ok. Lets give him a go,we really have nothing to lose.

If you don’t value respect ............ we have nothing to lose. My problem is that the “we” is the royal plural and that includes me.

Have you not looked at the videos. He plays like a poor man’s trent buhagiar.

As advertising for the coe it is a master stroke .......... but for the team ???? it is a new low. :(:(:(

Offsider

This ⬆!
- Optus is an absolute no brainer for pitching to, to come on board as a CCM front of shirt sponsor .... LONG TERM.

Optus have stated their intention to be NOT just be a Telecommunications carrier BUT also a major sports content provider in Australia.

They first wrangled the EPL rights from 'resting on their laurels' FoxSports .... they had hiccups to begin - with but ride out that storm.

Then backed that effort up, by continuing again at beating Fox for 2018 WC games from rights holder SBS, but miserably #FAILED that up & now need to get some skin back in the game.

I think that Optus could potentially take the A-League from Fox sometime in the future, but need to bide their time with considered planning.
- & what better way to do that then 'dipping their toe' in the Australian Footballing waters by sponsoring an A-League team ... like us at CCM.

Figure out the the FFA from within the League itself for a season or 2, before then throwing in a well planned & strategic bid for TV/Digital rights of the HAL/WWL/Socceroo's.

I can just see optus getting excited about getting into bed with the two time spooners after their wc failure.

rbakersmith

Have you not looked at the videos. He plays like a poor man’s trent buhagiar.

And if he isn't up to scratch at the end of the trial he won't get a contract.
However, he would be given no special treatment in his potential trial with the Mariners, according to club CEO Shaun Mielekamp.

“Mike Mulvey’s [Mariners coach] perspective is that Usain would be treated like any other trialist that comes in,” said Mielekamp.

“There can be no losers here. Usain can come and trial and if he’s no good then they’ll give him some good feedback to where he can improve.

“If he does come and perform then great.

“From the coach’s perspective there’s only upshot here and opportunity.”

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/What-Bolt-must-do-to-secure-Mariners-deal

I'm going to reserve my judgement on this until the end of the trial.

Pirate Pete

I can just see optus getting excited about getting into bed with the two time spooners after their wc failure.
Telstra are an A league sponsor, and supposedly going to launch an A league "App" to watch all games live this season.
I can't see how Optus could get involved.

Big Al

The only problem will be signing autographs after the game. Those woman might want him to sign parternity tests. Ummm
Might need a local law introduced to protect our asset. We could sell his sperm like a horse. We can get more money for him as a stud

Rowdy

Optus have thrown 10's of million$ at Bolt, initially for the lead up to the 2016 Rio Olympics to increase their sales, still continuing now in 2018, why wouldn't they want to continue that relationship going into the very business landscape ... SPORTS CONTENT (specifically FOOTBALL) that they so desperately want to crack ??

- especially for such a cheap buy in of say $500k shirt sponsorship per year, that we then spend on a quality striker.

Turn on your telly mate, its been all over every news update ALL DAY.

Just now seen Channel nine do live cross from CC Stadium whilst the CCM Kids Clinics are on.

Why wouldnt Optus or others want a piece of that marketing space surrounding this hype on Bolt ??

Gratis

I'm kinda surprised by the blinkers people seem to be wearing.

* Exposure for CCM is insane. Players, agents and sponsors will know our name all over the world. You're a fool to underestimate the potential value of that over the years ("there's an opportunity for you to play at Bumfu#k Idaho. Keen?"
Or;
"There's an opportunity for you to play at CCM, you know the Australian paradise location and team Bolt played at?").
* He's a trial player who may not make he cut, therefore minimal consequences
* Played until he was 16, and from some reports I've heard can play, but won't cut it at elite EPL etc. level. He is an elite athlete who could possibly make it at Aleague level.
* Spondorship means we're spending an amount we wouldn't otherwise so it's not like we're missing out on a marquee due to this
* Exposes local non football people to the game and, if it works in any way, may bring converts

Big Al

This ⬆!

As starting to be talked about above they are a direct competition to Telstra who are the FFA favorites and they have Gallop in there back pocket.

If you can get Optus on board and get rid of Gallop and co you have a winner

Last edited:

Big Al

Optus have thrown 10's of million$ at Bolt, initially for the lead up to the 2016 Rio Olympics to increase their sales, still continuing now in 2018, why wouldn't they want to continue that relationship going into the very business landscape ... SPORTS CONTENT (specifically FOOTBALL) that they so desperately want to crack ??

- especially for such a cheap buy in of say $500k shirt sponsorship per year, that we then spend on a quality striker.

Just now seen Channel nine do live cross from CC Stadium whilst the CCM Kids Clinics are on.

Why wouldnt Optus or others want a piece of that marketing space surrounding this hype on Bolt ??
They would be all over it but FFA won’t be keen.

Also we should of used the Sanitarium link to get Tim Cahill or still can now he has retired from Internet football.

We might not win any games but Bolt and Cahill leading the line sounds interesting

Big Al

Also this is where the club needs to be careful. Optus are a personal sponsor of his. We need them to sponsor us not bolt. Same for other potential sponsors. They will all want Bolt exposure and then what. Will they leave us? Need to be smart about it long term.
Can’t dump Masterfoods for 1 yr then go crying back in two years time

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred