• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Usain Bolt!

Big Al

It’s a long term plan. Hear me out.

We sign him for the season.

He roots every woman on the coast. We have a baby explosion of unique dna.
We put some into the athletic team and the rest we give them a football from birth and train them.
Then we will have thousands of TBT’s. Fast as f**k with a shit first touch but the bolts will still get to the ball first from that touch unlike TBT

Rowdy

I see your point of view on this with it being a sideshow.

There is one major point however in regards to buying a multi-million footballer instead. It is that the money won't be there for that footballer. MC and Rallis are now doing deals with sponsors because he is Usian.

My other take on this is that it may bring publicity in the form of new investment or a new owner for the club. We can only dream.

Like I said, with Bolts association as the primary focus of advertisement for Optus, IT SHOULD BE leveraged off stuff like that for the financing of this deal. :headbutt:

It's the mention of Charlesworth 'digging deep into his own pockets' - that has got my goat.

Rowdy

I was thinking about the Thai kids last week and thought the Mariners should invite the kids out to play our academy under 12 side and then be treated (or untreated) to a Mariners' game.

Any podcast of your interview Mick ?

Blackadder

The publicity already received is more than the Club has had for many years.
If by some chance it works out then CCMFC have hit a sponsorship Gold Mine, if it doesn't work out then hopefully they can build off the publicity of the Trial.

Timmah

Club statement

The Central Coast Mariners would like to publicly address the negotiations between the Club and Usain Bolt

The Club can confirm that it has been in negotiations with the Olympic Champion & World Record Holder, regarding the opportunity to trial here on the Central Coast.

The Central Coast Mariners remain committed to discussions with the ‘world’s fastest man’ and his management team, regarding what role the Club may play in Bolt’s burning ambition to become a professional footballer.

It is crucial to note that all discussions between the Central Coast Mariners and Bolt require an initial six-week-trial period and no contract is guaranteed.

LINK: https://www.ccmariners.com.au/news/mariners-address-usain-bolt-media-speculation

marinermick

It’s a long term plan. Hear me out.

We sign him for the season.

He roots every woman on the coast. We have a baby explosion of unique dna.
We put some into the athletic team and the rest we give them a football from birth and train them.
Then we will have thousands of TBT’s. Fast as f**k with a shit first touch but the bolts will still get to the ball first from that touch unlike TBT

Well played sir. Funniest post in a long time.

MagpieMariner

If he knows how to use his head, he'd be dynamite from set pieces. At nearly 2 metres he'd tower over anyone else on the pitch.
For mine, I'd be delighted if he's good enough to make the grade. Imagine the crowds coming just because he's there? Football needs publicity to compete with the other "football" codes in the minds of the public. For the nay-sayers (and I fully respect your right to your opinion, this is just mine), imagine how quickly AFL or NRL clubs would be falling over themselves to get him if he expressed an interest in playing their code, purely for the publicity. This publicity, even if nothing comes of his trial, has to be good for our club - now the whole sporting world (including the Seppos) will know about CCM and the Central Coast.

localpom

I'm not against this providing firstly he is at least at the standard of an Austin or Buhagiar....we know he will be fast but can he cross, pass, shoot etc with little time to think. Secondly, there cannot be any ego's in the team this year. He will need to forget who he is and fight for his spot and the team. Thirdly, we still need 2 or 3 players of quality. This will soon lose it's appeal if we are losing every week.
What this will do is get everyone on the Coast and beyond buzzing, there's no doubt it will bring in extra punters who may then come along for future games.

mick

I absolutely love it. Step back and think about it for a minute. Usain Bolt the fastest man on earth could be At Tuggerah trialling for the Mariners. Excited doesn't even begin to describe how I feel. The aleague is the main sport story in the middle of winter in Australia and around world.

Offsider

@Offsider re: the spending, I think in this case - as with the Luis Garcia deal - there will be sponsors lining up to get in on this one, whereas that's probably not the case for some visa player that will play attractive football.

Did you not read the bit about charlesworth digging deep into his pockets ........ investment blah blah blah.

If the team was competitive it would attract suitable sponsors like every other team in the league. Not just circus advertisers.:fireup:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred