• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Usain Bolt!

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Fark moi, after 3 seasons of absolute bollocks and it being absolutely apparent that we need to turn this around , what does Pikey do..maybe, well theres no maybe about it I guess, trial ( and pay) a bloke whose played a half dozen charity matches, the f**ktard is determined to turn his team into a sideshow ain’t he....and we all know his gonna trial successfully and get a run over guys that have been playing since they were 5 yo...that’s the shit bit

Wombat

Its all over the TV already.

Cant wait to see him at the Mariners training along with half the World's Media.

Reactions: adz

Insertnamehere

So much negativity.
He's here on a trial, which means he'll have to earn a spot.
He's a bigger name in world sport than most names in football we can't afford. Let alone can.
He'll draw plenty of crabs and the uncommitted football fan community who have deep pockets.

Leverage the f##k out of it MC and SM. I'm on board IF he earns his spot.

Last edited:

Gratis

“Love on” ........... I think not.:vomit:
If it fails, the alternative of spending the circus money on decent proven visa players will long leave a bitter taste.
Typo - meant move on
The article clearly states lots of investor money, we wouldn't be spending this anyway

adz

Staff member
Did you not read the bit about charlesworth digging deep into his pockets ........ investment blah blah blah.

If the team was competitive it would attract suitable sponsors like every other team in the league. Not just circus advertisers.:fireup:

No actually I didn't see that. I did see this, though

The proposed multi-million-dollar deal would be largely underwritten by the club and a network of several leading Australian companies, though it is currently unclear whether Football Federation Australia would be prepared to contribute to the deal through its marquee marketing fund.

Also there were a ton of sponsors for Garcia so assumed that would be the case this time.

Ozhammer

Having spoken to SM, I understand that the financing will largely (if not totally) be externally funded, so it should not adversely impact our other spending plans.

PROVIDED that this only comes down to a footballing decision, I am prepared to personally get behind it and hope that others feel similarly. Who knows where this will lead but the guy has been an elite athlete for many years, so if he has the necessary ball skills or MMM can see the potential for those to be nurtured, he could be a really clever pick up.

MrCelery

What if he's actually a decent player and moves to the Jets instead and they pocket a decent transfer fee to a big club? THAT would be embarrassing.

It's not like the CCM team is much more than a 'pub' team anyway if our budget is anything to go on.

And who cares if he's a dud. The marketing mileage is priceless!

As for getting backing from FFA. Why? Isn't football for everyone? Or does 'backing' mean "give us some $$$$" to make it happen?

FFC Mariner

Did you not read the bit about charlesworth digging deep into his pockets ........ investment blah blah blah.

If the team was competitive it would attract suitable sponsors like every other team in the league. Not just circus advertisers.:fireup:
Hear hear
Can't sell a shit product over a long period of time.

Big Al

Man U and Dortmund do it and the press is world wide and everyone loves it but no one seriously thought he’d play

We do it and we are a laughing stock because people think we will actually sign him.

Very much an Izrael Falou signing for AFL. They thought he’d be good because he could catch a high ball in a city that didn’t know what AFL was.

We have to turn this media attention into dollars. It’s no good being a gimmick if we don’t make some cash

marinermick

Usain Bolt ....... 38 days ago.

There was really no need for him to be offside so much.

He also looked a little slow off the first ten and from his 100m races he is slow off the block and powers home. This could have some negative cross over to football.

Time will tell.

pjennings

I suppose on one side it brings exposure and hopefully sponsors. If the sponsorship can be for the club (over and above what he gets) with Bolt doing the work then that money could be very helpful.

Mike Phelan's appointment, some money generated from Bolt's signing (that is not going directly to him) and a friendship with Bolt may attract some ex Man U players. RVP over DDS any day ;)

Michael

I can’t believe how many people are actually flirting with this idea.
I keep seeing all the articles and after all these years I’m genuinely embarrassed to be a ccm fan.
f**k the marketing bonuses f**k the exposure. We don’t need to international exposure this way.
People aren’t thinking “oh wow that’s a fantastic thing to do”
They’re thinking “LOL ofcourse the mariners are doing that”

How about the club/owner focus of getting exposure/bums on seats by having a committed competitive and eventually successful again squad... you know, how an actual professional football club goes about it.
Not turning our club into more of a laughing stock.

Jack Whitehall has played plenty of charity footy, he’s pretty popular, throw him a trial offer, age is actually on his side too guys.

What a pisstake.

Insertnamehere

I can’t believe how many people are actually flirting with this idea.
I keep seeing all the articles and after all these years I’m genuinely embarrassed to be a ccm fan.
f**k the marketing bonuses f**k the exposure. We don’t need to international exposure this way.
People aren’t thinking “oh wow that’s a fantastic thing to do”
They’re thinking “LOL ofcourse the mariners are doing that”

How about the club/owner focus of getting exposure/bums on seats by having a committed competitive and eventually successful again squad... you know, how an actual professional football club goes about it.
Not turning our club into more of a laughing stock.

Jack Whitehall has played plenty of charity footy, he’s pretty popular, throw him a trial offer, age is actually on his side too guys.

What a pisstake.
Costs us nothing. And no worse than victory signing Kenny athiu.

style_cafe

ok I'm in on the trial,6 weeks of world media attention is nothing to sneeze at. All they have to do is fly the Thai cave rescue media to they Central Coast and we're ready to go. If he turns out better than some of the dudd we've had then it may pay off for us. I'm sure CCS will be full if he gets through the trial ok. Lets give him a go,we really have nothing to lose.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred