• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

UEFA Champions League, Round of 8

happy

the draws:

FC Villareal - FC Arsenal

Manchester United - FC Porto

FC Liverpool - FC Chelsea

FC Barcelona - Bayern Munich

matchdays are April 7 and April 15

the draw for the semis is:

Manchester United/FC Porto - FC Villarreal/FC Arsenal

FC Barcelona/Bayern Mnchen - FC Liverpool/FC Chelsea

semis will be played April 28, May 6

dibo

remember that liverpool lost last time? and the reds were lucky in 05 with *that* goal in the semi.

dibo

pjennings said:
dibo said:
remember that liverpool lost last time? and the reds were lucky in 05 with *that* goal in the semi.

Why? - don't they count when the 'special' one whinges??

it was an awfully close run thing. it was certainly *mostly* over the line, but to this day i don't know whether *all* of the ball crossed.

Azza-Mataz

dibo said:
pjennings said:
dibo said:

is'nt there a certain percentage of the ball that has to cross the line?

surely the boys in black and white were confident it crossed! (they would'nt of given it otherwise...right?)

it was an awfully close run thing. it was certainly *mostly* over the line, but to this day i don't know whether *all* of the ball crossed.

is'nt there a certain percentage of the ball that has to cross the line? or is it ref's point of view

dibo

Azza-Matazz said:
dibo said:
pjennings said:
dibo said:

is'nt there a certain percentage of the ball that has to cross the line?

surely the boys in black and white were confident it crossed! (they would'nt of given it otherwise...right?)

is'nt there a certain percentage of the ball that has to cross the line? or is it ref's point of view

all of the ball, all of the line. same for every in/out decision around the park - on the line is in the field of play.

Sym

Dibo..possibly the one scouse fan to not have his head firmly planted up his behind :)

dibo

Sym said:
Dibo..possibly the one scouse fan to not have his head firmly planted up his behind :)

still very glad pool went through. the looks on the chelsea players' faces at full time, YNAW absolutely belted out, and then the final itself. glorious times.

and while i said i'm still not absolutely certain it went over the line, the reverse is also true - i definitely can't say for sure it didn't.

Peachos

Azza-Mataz said:
actully Sym IMHO my first thought was it was'nt a goal!
still it isnt known though :S

United and Barca to win by at least 2 goals
the other 2 ties will be 1-1 draws
Villareal dont have that many great attacking players anymore, Santi Cazorla is out, but they are still a great defensive side

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred