• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Turbulence (then calm sailing, then turbulence) thread.

Coastalraider

Serious question, which players are in the squad that played with the Mariners in the first quarter of 2013??? Rose?? Maybe Monty?? They make it sound like the entire squad has an issue, and I would think that if some of our more senior players had super issues they would either be solved quickly or they would be somewhere else.

nebakke

Don't the NYL players get super as well?
Not to cast aspersions because o couldn't blame them if it's true - but couldn't they be the involved parties too?

elevated position

Just heard from Seb Hassett that the FFA is going to take back the Newcastle Jets licence for not payment of superannuation fees due to players.

See Seb now that is how you write a scoop.

Fishsdad

Serious question, which players are in the squad that played with the Mariners in the first quarter of 2013??? Rose?? Maybe Monty?? They make it sound like the entire squad has an issue, and I would think that if some of our more senior players had super issues they would either be solved quickly or they would be somewhere else.

Not sure if any of you were listening to the sports show on Coast FM, but a chap (Luke I think) was talking quite authoritatively about the issues the club is facing. He said that only four 'players were affected by this, and it dates back to the time of the change of ownership. I heard him mention Monty, Cac and Fitz, and presumably the other is Rosey snr. The inference is that the club is trying to work out exactly what is owed to these, but is up to date with all other players' Super payments.

The other thing he mentioned was that the club is owed a whopping (my description) 1.5 mill from Maty Ryan being on-sold. Not sure how many businesses of the size of the Mariners could cope with this...

Let me state that this is in no way a justification for non payment of Super, but it does at least give hope for the short term financial stability of the club.

He also mentioned the name of the player we would bring in when Cas goes (missed the name, but apparently ex-Victory?).

Reactions: adz

adz

Staff member
The other thing he mentioned was that the club is owed a whopping (my description) 1.5 mill from Maty Ryan being on-sold. Not sure how many businesses of the size of the Mariners could cope with this...

So the equivalent of moving 15 home games! Hopefully they work out a way to get that one paid...

pjennings

Not sure if any of you were listening to the sports show on Coast FM, but a chap (Luke I think) was talking quite authoritatively about the issues the club is facing. He said that only four 'players were affected by this, and it dates back to the time of the change of ownership. I heard him mention Monty, Cac and Fitz, and presumably the other is Rosey snr. The inference is that the club is trying to work out exactly what is owed to these, but is up to date with all other players' Super payments.

Let me state that this is in no way a justification for non payment of Super, but it does at least give hope for the short term financial stability of the club.

He also mentioned the name of the player we would bring in when Cas goes (missed the name, but apparently ex-Victory?).

The talks is Francesco Stella who trialled with us in pre-season. He was signed by Ange but released by Victory by Muscat. http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/melbourne-victory-release-francesco-stella#:WyTpvuTJU01zYA

nearlyyellow

This is a "windfall" payment and it probably would not have been factored in to financial budgets etc. for the Mariners FC. If and when it is received, well and good, as long as it doesn't disappear into the COE financial sinking fund and when received it is used for the benefit of the Football Club.

Big Al

Poor crowd today. We're some at the carols at Mingara I think or just to hot and stayed at the beach or in the pool.

Need a big crowd NYE. Will be interesting to see how that goes. Will people have missed it after last year and be keen to go or will they have ditched that tradition already and not bother or will being last and loosing all the time just mean they couldn't be bothered.

Might to be to many Mike podcasts with these crowd figures

rbakersmith

Poor crowd today. We're some at the carols at Mingara I think or just to hot and stayed at the beach or in the pool.

The heat probably had a great deal to do with it. I usually come up early and watch the W-League game but gave that a miss (full credit to the women for playing in that heat), and if my seat was in the eastern stand rather than the western stand I probably would have watched the main game at home as well.

I suspect that some families may have also gone away on holidays which would also put a slight dent in the figures.

Wombat

pool already giving him a return.
Offices open in 3 months.

He will be do very nicely out of the COE.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred