• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Trott or Redmayne?

Which keeper do you want to start while Danny is suspended assuming we dont sign a keeper?

• Matthew Trott

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andrew Redmayne

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Andy

Kareem said:
I had honour of playing on school team and school futsal team we went to state) with Jay Pilson. He is crazy good and has potential to go to same lengths as vukovic...a lot more potential than trott or redmayne IMO!!!
BUT- he is only 17...thats too young. I would stick it out with Trott and Redmayne 100% in front of Jay just because of age and experience. Although Trotty should be on notice- coz he aint gonna be good enough to warm the bench for much longer!

Have to agree with that.

I go to school with Jay atm and he is a brilliant keeper, also one of the funniest guys i've ever met.

Even though I, and many others, hate him, I wouldn't mind seeing Liam Reddy sign a 1 year deal with the club.

Promdi, Jay was in the Mariners Junior academy last year. He used to play for SEU but I think he's been at the Lightning for the last few years.

Kareem

Yea and dont SEU like letting every1 know bout Jay. Just wait 5 years when he is with the senior squad and SEU will be like- we produce the best players :p.
He was year younger than me but in same roll class a few years back. Good swimmer too!
Some of the saves he used to pull off...he was scouted for NSW state futsal team i think (back in u14s- when he was playin CC13s).
Cant wait to say I went to school with him when he makes Mariners senior squad. lol
see him around every once and a while- he still remembers me (i feel special, lol)(I am a very distinctive person).
Havent heard anything about junior socceroos though...he would surely have to be one the radar for our joeys squad??? (u17s)

Gotta be Trott
Confidence is the key and with regular time in the pre-season he should get that.
No confidence = Sydney, Melbourne 10goals
Cofidence = QLD game, great keeping!

Aimeee

Trott has potential though I've never seen Redmayne play, so can't really make a choice.
Overall next season doesn't feel like its going to be all that great =/

skilbeck

thegreenpea said:
Trott has potential though I've never seen Redmayne play, so can't really make a choice.

Be optimistic

bikinigirl

. how about barthez .... is he coming out with the french '98 team?

. with trotty signed and redmayne likely to be required as an under-age player, a third keeper in a small squad is not likely .... unless some clever juggling with the youth team can be achieved

Bear

bikinigirl said:
. how about barthez .... is he coming out with the french '98 team?

. with trotty signed and redmayne likely to be required as an under-age player, a third keeper in a small squad is not likely .... unless some clever juggling with the youth team can be achieved

Barthez, your having a laugh
And im confused, you said 3 keepers in a small squad is not likely??? You know we had all 3 of our keepers in the squad last year right?

bikinigirl

. yes i was having a laugh

. i actually meant four considering danny - 3 to choose from for the majority of the season as people are looking at options beyond trotty and redmayne

Ted

MarinerMart said:

In all fairness to Trotty, all these goals were not his fault. The ref played a big part in the Sydney game and if one or more of these calls were different then Trott would be looked at more favorably and not hung out to dry.

T

thanman

I wouldnt say Trott has no confidence.. otherwise he wouldnt even be a keeper and would try being a regular postion player.

But I would rather see Redmayne out there having a go..

promdi442

thegreenpea said:

With due respects next season HAS to be good to great as there will be ASIA at the end of the season and those in this years squad should make up more than 90% of the ASIAN squad. So the selection of this years squad has wide reaching ramifications leading into ASIA>

skilbeck

With Trotty, people argue 10 goals in 2 matches.

Firstly 2 of those were penalties, Talay and Muscat (sydney goal 5, melbourne goal 4), it is luck whether he saves them.

One of them was a bad back pass done by Brown and capitalised on by Caceres (melbourne goal 1).

One was Wilkinson ball watching a cross from Caceres which was headed by Allsopp (melbourne goal 2).

One was due to Vidmar standing too far forward and the long ball to Allsopp being successful (melbourne goal 3)

One of them was Virtually two on one on Trott where Thompson set up Allsopp. (melbourne goal 5)

One of them Trott couldve commanded his box better when Fyfe headed in a corner (sydney goal 1)

One of them was a loose ball that was deflected by a Trott save, that was scored by McFlynn (sydney goal 2) someone shouldve tracked McFlynn and the loose ball. shouldve again had someone on the back post

Biddle clearly beat Heffernan and had a free shot on goal for Sydney goal 3

Santalab had a decent shot on goal and it happened to go in. for sydney goal 4

2 of them were due to keeper error by Trott in the sydney game where we got 4 and he didnt expect to play so if the defense played better both those days we couldve won both games

Andy

It's funny how the bad games such as the Sydney and Melbourne one's stand out but there is barely a mention of the away games at Queensland and Perth where Trotty saved our asses so many times.

If it weren't for those two great performances, we wouldn't have one the Premiership and we may not have qualified for Asia.

Trott just needs to build some confidence, and I have no doubt if he does he'll a have a good season for us.

However, If Lawrie and co. thinks it neccesary to get in a new keeper, so be it.

In Lawrie and Trotty we trust!

gull

Danny wasn't exactly awesome when he first began. I remember being very
nervous if the ball went near him, but he has grown into a great 'keeper.

A bit of game time will build confidence and we may have another 'keeper just as great?

Kareem

hold on 'just as great'- maybe one day Trott could be a startin A-league keeper but no more. He wouldnt ever be the best or even one of the best keepers in the A-league. And he will enver get a socceroos cap. But hey- good on him for being a pro player (better than me! :p)

Azza

MarinaTed said:
MarinerMart said:

In all fairness to Trotty, all these goals were not his fault. The ref played a big part in the Sydney game and if one or more of these calls were different then Trott would be looked at more favorably and not hung out to dry.
I AGREE

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred