• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Trott or Redmayne?

Which keeper do you want to start while Danny is suspended assuming we dont sign a keeper?

• Matthew Trott

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andrew Redmayne

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bjw

bjw
Vukovic..
but seriously. Trott- he kept us our first clean sheet against QLD and pulled off fantastic saves.
He has screwed us up in the past, yes. however
Sydney: He came into the game late when we were a man down. cant really blame for that.
..and..
Melbourne: Sure he played crap, but Browne also made so massive errors in the left side of defence, MASSIVE. 4 of the 5 goals were Brownes fault.

Ted

As I've said before, given quality and well prepared game time Trott would become a decent  keeper.

skilbeck

I say we give them both their day then make a decision. But atm I still say Trott. Just needs some practice on corner defense and hopefully Danny and Crawley can marshall him into a top keeper

bikinigirl

. its a bit tough when it would seem few have even seen redmayne play (including me)

. that and most people have based their opinion (rightly or wrongly) on the couple of hours trotty played against sydney & melbourne both under strange circumstances

. let 'em duke it out in the pre-season (but again this will be impacted by the team playing in front of each of them)

SNOWMARINER

If we do not have another option for V4 I think giving both a go and see who produces the goods would be the go. I hope that both train their butts off during the off season with Danny earning his money tutoring them all he can ( I realise that 90% of keeping is a reflex and naturally gifted position above all others) and see how they are during the pre season.

Omni

I'm with Skillbeck, give them both a chance in the pre-season and then see who's better and then give them a run in the season proper.

marinersman

I voted for Trott because he already has HAL experience and will be better for it, especially if he can prepare between now and the start of the season knowing he's in line for the spot. R

emember the QLD game up there early in the season folks, he was MOM and saved us from losing. The boy can keep, he just needs to be prepared right mentally.

Besides that, I know nothing about Redmayne, so I couldn't vote for him even if I wanted to.

Sacko

I'd rather see Crawley play with 1 hip than endure half a season with Trott between the sticks after those 10 goals!

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Trott reminds me a lot of Danny when he first started - a bit shaky, but shows a lot of potential.

I don't know what the hell happened this season though....

I'd love to see Redmayne on the field - Lawrie should try them both out in the preseason. 

adz

Staff member
I would like them to just place a cardboard cutout of Danny in goals until he gets back

Tez

i think they should both play couple game in pre-season and see who goes better, but im leaning towards Redmayne..
but thats based of trott's last 2 performances, i mean 10 goals in 2 games is really poor.

Ted

adz said:
I would like them to just place a cardboard cutout of Danny in goals until he gets back

Mate, Danny is such a quality GK that may just work, haha..

Deej

Sacko said:
I'd rather see Crawley play with 1 hip than endure half a season with Trott between the sticks after those 10 goals!

None of the goals conceded against Sydney were his fault......and yeah the defence were shocking against Melbourne, including Wilko.......how anyone can blame Trott for all 10 goals I really don't understand Sacko......you must be upset still after losing 4-0 to Tottenham  :eek:verhead:

Trotty should get the nod ahead Redders IMO but Redmayne is a talented keeper........with both players having an injury at the moment and in cotton wool for 6 weeks I think Lawrie has to leave at least 1 spot open just in case we need to sign another keeper......otherwise a kid from the youth team will be starting in round 1 LOL

Wombat

Sacko said:

Spot On.

Redders should be first option in the trials. Give em half a game each...if we are conceeding 4 or 5 goals a game them we need a new back up keeper for Danny.  

fish

then have 4 weeks to secure a first team starter???

If they think we need a starting keeper we should go out and get one ,were defending a premiership here and need to do what is best for the team from the start not at seasons beginning

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred