• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Trott or Redmayne?

Which keeper do you want to start while Danny is suspended assuming we dont sign a keeper?

• Matthew Trott

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andrew Redmayne

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

fish

Im not sure either way all I know is if we need one theyll get one if JC says the 2 of them can handle it Ill believe him

S

soccersensei

I voted Trott, because I've never seen Redmayne keep apart from in training.
But while it can be said Noooo...particular goals of the ten may have been Trotts for the claiming,
I'm most concerned by his inability to command the box. This was a quality Danny may not have had oozing right from the very outset, but it was all in there in bucket loads, and I'm just not convinced Trott has the level we will require in this regard or sadly that he will readily develop it. Like to be wrong for his sake and ours however...

Arabmariner

soccersensei said:
But while it can be said Noooo... particular goals of ten may have been Trotts for the claiming,
I'm most concerned by his inability to command the box.   
I agree.Sure he had a few good saves up in Queensland last season but we were under pressure and he was in the game a lot.Most half decent keepers would manage a few good saves in that situation.The real test is when he,s not in the game much and is suddenly called upon.

A corner kick for example when we,ve been well in control for 20 or 30 mins.If he doesn,t have authority in the box and is flapping about ,that spreads through the defence and can cost the game.

In a short 21 game season by the time Danny gets back it could be all over.

They need to get this right.

It,s more important than any marquee player.

S

soccersensei

Dundee Utd FC & a Mariner said:
soccersensei said:

Yeah, very good point.

Gav...

I would give both players a go in the preseason, see which one can control the game better. Yes you right we have to get this right because danny will be out for most of the season and will would have played about 14 rounds before he gets back.

I am just leaning to Redmayne only because he international experience (u20's) and has been playing with NSWIS & AIS and has a lot of potential.

Every time i watch trott play i am not confident because he always looks nervous and just doesnt look in control

skilbeck

wow this vote is close. Its virtually what we have seen of Trott vs Redmaynes impressive credentials though

Ted

thomas477 said:
use ya current keepers :)

The current keeper we want to use isn't allowed on the pitch thanks to a person with a dutch last name and his croney mates!  :p

FMMH

Dundee Utd FC & a Mariner said:
soccersensei said:
But while it can be said Noooo... particular goals of ten may have been Trotts for the claiming,
I'm most concerned by his inability to command the box.   
I agree.Sure he had a few good saves up in Queensland last season but we were under pressure and he was in the game a lot.Most half decent keepers would manage a few good saves in that situation.The real test is when he,s not in the game much and is suddenly called upon.

A corner kick for example when we,ve been well in control for 20 or 30 mins.If he doesn,t have authority in the box and is flapping about ,that spreads through the defence and can cost the game.

Don't forget the game against Perth last year when he saved our asses.

John Filan anyone ?

thomas477

MarinaTed said:
thomas477 said:
use ya current keepers :)

The current keeper we want to use isn't allowed on the pitch thanks to a person with a dutch last name and his croney mates!  :p

As in Trott and Redmayne it'll be a good blooding experinence for them

promdi442

soccersensei said:
I'm most concerned by his inability to command the box. This was a quality Danny may not have had oozing right from the very outset, but it was all in there in bucket loads, and I'm just not convinced Trott has the level we will require in this regard or sadly that he will readily develop it. Like to be wrong for his sake and ours however...

I think Trott needs to get down the gym and bulk up a lot. He was not commanding in the penalty area especially in the air as his physique is not enough to stop him from being pushed around especially on corners.

Redmayne on the other hand is one big unit so his physical presence is already assured.

Trott showed that he can stop the shots. Stop concentrating on the Sydney and Melb games. Yes there were ten goals but as has been said not all of them belonged to him.

Beef up Trotty get a physical presence and I am sure we may see a different shot stopper

Bear

Some people seem to overlook the simplest things

Firstly, why do you all seem to asume that after 9 months out, Danny will walk back into ANY a-league team? How you can think he will still be at his peak after so long out is beyond me

Secondly, is it not plain to see that what Trott needs is game time? The only thing he lacks is confidence. He stops shots half the keepers going around would never dream of, then makes the simplest of mistakes. Very similar to Kwas, he is a confidence player. Unfortunatly for us and him, the a-league is, I believe, 1 step to high for him. Unlike an outfield player, there is zero room for f**k ups. Id realy liked to have seen him loaned to a state league team, but with his injurys, its not possible

Thirdly, how can anyone (seriously) consider Redmayne for a starter for us? When was the last time he played 3 weeks in a row? You cant expect a keeper of his age and lack of game time to rise to the occasion? Its trouble if he is 1st choice, nothing personal against the kid. Having said that, I picked him in the pole, simply because I would not start Trott, and there were no other options. Maybe a "sign another keeper" should have been included, but I guess thats not the point of the pole

And anyone who mentions Filan is crazy. He has been out to long. Unless he is signed NOW so he can get a proper pre season into him and get into shape, no way

Lawrie, im sure, knows all this, and is keeping his eyes and ears open

Kareem

I had honour of playing on school team and school futsal team we went to state) with Jay Pilson. He is crazy good and has potential to go to same lengths as vukovic...a lot more potential than trott or redmayne IMO!!!
BUT- he is only 17...thats too young. I would stick it out with Trott and Redmayne 100% in front of Jay just because of age and experience. Although Trotty should be on notice- coz he aint gonna be good enough to warm the bench for much longer!

promdi442

Kareem said:
I had honour of playing on school team and school futsal team we went to state) with Jay Pilson. He is crazy good and has potential to go to same lengths as vukovic...a lot more potential than trott or redmayne IMO!!!
BUT- he is only 17...thats too young. I would stick it out with Trott and Redmayne 100% in front of Jay just because of age and experience. Although Trotty should be on notice- coz he aint gonna be good enough to warm the bench for much longer!

So will this Jay Pilson be playing in the youth team. Should make an interesting battle for first choice betwen Redmayne and Pilson. If he is as good as they say the GK position is looking good for the future.
Who does Pilson play for at the moment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred