• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Trial matches 2010...

offtheball

Ranyen said:
WAA5 Tuggerah V Wyong this Sunday @ Tuggerah. Kick-off @ 11.30. Thinking this might be interesting :)

Presume seeing you are playing at Tuggearh that the bull dozers aren't rolling yet

Ranyen

offtheball said:
Ranyen said:
WAA5 Tuggerah V Wyong this Sunday @ Tuggerah. Kick-off @ 11.30. Thinking this might be interesting :)

Presume seeing you are playing at Tuggearh that the bull dozers aren't rolling yet

Not bulldozing fields yet, but clearing trees, etc

Wombat

Kariong 035B v Woy Woy at Mt Penang 3.15pm ko.

Always very willing against the Blue and Whites....should be fun.

Ted

I am also filling in for the Killarney O45Bs at 11am (only 1st half) and then playing with O35Bs at 3:30 after my AA game. Both are against Berkeley at the Entrance High tomorrow.

Wombat

Kariong 035B V Woy Woy 035 A/B Combined.

Lost 1.0.

This was a game we could have won about 4.1.

Woy edged us in possession but we created way more chances.

Our keeper gifted them a goal in the first half and we couldn't claw one back for the rest of the game.

They are a decent ball playing side and were fitter than us and their keeper was very good.

Still good hit out and we need to change a few things around.

Personally far too hot for me and if anyone finds my lungs can they hand them in.  Also annoying to lose to an occasional poster on this site (Tired Legs) but at least he didn't score for Woy Woy.

Massive respect to about 8 of WW boys who doubled up for the A's after us....how fit are you blokes???

Also played in a really nice spirit when normally our games are rather bruising affairs.  Maybe we are all finally growing up after all these years.

marinermick

marinermick said:
looking forward to the sacko v thurbs battle

fizzed out in the end with sacko and thrubs hardly on the field at the same time

excellent to play against the people's champion today

mariners4ever

budgie AA8 played wyoming AA7's today, lost 4-0 against a better side imo. But little did we know that eggy would end up playing ( only after borrowing everything from people ) and scoring 3 goals against us. But we played fairly well considering it was our first trial, most of their players were from higher grades, and the hot weather.

BAD BULLZ

mariners4ever said:
budgie AA8 played wyoming AA7's today, lost 4-0 against a better side imo. But little did we know that eggy would end up playing ( only after borrowing everything from people ) and scoring 3 goals against us. But we played fairly well considering it was our first trial, most of their players were from higher grades, and the hot weather.

Not to mention pissed n hungova..:p

Dude the biggest problem your team had was those shorts you were wearing!!!!!!!!!!

TiredLLegs

Wombat said:
Kariong 035B V Woy Woy 035 A/B Combined.

Lost 1.0.

This was a game we could have won about 4.1.

Woy edged us in possession but we created way more chances.

Our keeper gifted them a goal in the first half and we couldn't claw one back for the rest of the game.

They are a decent ball playing side and were fitter than us and their keeper was very good.

Still good hit out and we need to change a few things around.

Personally far too hot for me and if anyone finds my lungs can they hand them in.  Also annoying to lose to an occasional poster on this site (Tired Legs) but at least he didn't score for Woy Woy.

Massive respect to about 8 of WW boys who doubled up for the A's after us....how fit are you blokes???

Also played in a really nice spirit when normally our games are rather bruising affairs.  Maybe we are all finally growing up after all these years.

Cheers Wombat - werent it hot? REALLY glad it wasnt today though.

Keeper in the second match was nice enough to let one of mine trickle in. Couldnt hit a bull in the arse with a baseball bat in the first game. We finished 1-1 in the second & we were seriously knackered, played with ten for the second half.

FFC Mariner

marinermick said:
marinermick said:

fizzed out in the end with sacko and thrubs hardly on the field at the same time

Was a good work out in terrible conditions.

14 yo ref did a great job (especially when he stopped the game to yell at both sides as it got a little emotional nearing HT)

We found out that 3 at the back isnt going to work for us  - but thats what trials are for.

marinermick

FFC Mariner said:
marinermick said:
marinermick said:

We found out that 3 at the back isnt going to work for us  - but thats what trials are for.

given the amount of pace (or lack of) at the back you need to play with a proper sweeper and not play so flat

best ref we had in ages

FFC Mariner

We tried to play with 2 wing backs (who had some pace) but they got sucked too far forward and you were carving us with the diagonal passing.

Last week we played flat back 4 and a DM in front and when we had 11, were very solid

marinermick

FFC Mariner said:
We tried to play with 2 wing backs (who had some pace) but they got sucked too far forward and you were carving us with the diagonal passing.

the wingbacks did cause us problems early but we adjusted formation wise and as you said they did very little defensive work

give them the freedom to attack and you will hurt some teams

mariners4ever

BAD BULLZ said:
mariners4ever said:

Dude the biggest problem your team had was those shorts you were wearing!!!!!!!!!!

;)
not my problem that the bloke who has the keys wasn't there

Kareem

The Entrance vs SEU
4-0
Reserve grade: Hot game, both teams struggled a bit (as everyone does)- but despite this some good buildup play. They were a better side, but the difference...their Gk did not make one save (except a freekick). Can't win a game without chances...Few decent young guys for them!
My long range effort (outside foot)- went out for a throw-in- pretty awesome :p
So you learn things from trials, which is all good!

1st Grade
3-2
Didnt watch it, but the Entrance should be able to beat a 2nd div side. I do know we were leading the game.

SEU u14C's vs Avoca u14D's
No clue, game was on same time as my game. Preaseason schedules suck!
:p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred