• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Tony Walmsley's Yellow Army!

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I dunno how the f**k Bulut got to the game at BT....didn't he breach his bail with that incident at whatever takeaway that was ?

justafan

Apart from what he is off the field ( that's his problem ), I wouldn't mind the idea of him as a striker with Fabio and Cernak ( or Kalik) on the wings and Cac behind him. If we had some one like him, we would be top 6 for sure.

aussiem

Apart from what he is off the field ( that's his problem ), I wouldn't mind the idea of him as a striker with Fabio and Cernak ( or Kalik) on the wings and Cac behind him. If we had some one like him, we would be top 6 for sure.

What he does off the field reflects on the club and can affect the team ( he missed the next game for WSW )....let him move on...the A-League doesn't need that bad publicity

bikinigirl

So the person appointed to recommend the choice of coach is the person who recommended himself as the coach?

. a bit like the bloke appointed to do a review of the whole operation who decided the best think that could be done was appoint himself CEO ... apparently believing even part-time he could do a better job - I s'pose he knew what he was looking for in a CEO too

:piralaugh:

bikinigirl

. on both sides of the debate I understand the points people have made i.e. most appropriate candidate (money, understanding, youth, etc.) versus ... umm, lets call it deceit and mis-information

. the 'global search' thing was always a bit rich when they stated the global search was to encompass Australia, the UK and Europe - not exactly global. but you could see where it was headed early on when it was reported that charlesworth's first choice did not hold the appropriate qualifications to coach in the league

. it should be no surprise that we were never going to hire a highly credentialed coach due to the cost. a payout to moss will have hurt the coaching budget even more

. it is frustrating to hear walmsley go from 'not interested, only want to be the TD' to 'I wanted the job as soon as it was offered' ... also gives some substance to the rumours that he was previously promised the position and was pissed when mossy was appointed

. but to me the main concern/frustration is the role the players may have played in this. A few of the experienced players appear to have lifted noticeably since the change in coach ... and that doesn't sit well with me as a fan

Roy Law

. but to me the main concern/frustration is the role the players may have played in this. A few of the experienced players appear to have lifted noticeably since the change in coach ... and that doesn't sit well with me as a fan
I think that is known as losing the dressing room. At which point either the players or the coach has to go.

nearlyyellow

I think that is known as losing the dressing room. At which point either the players or the coach has to go.
Hmmm, yes and no. Could it be that the new regime has simply said perform or else? Your contract won't be renewed or we will move you on?

Wombat

. on both sides of the debate I understand the points people have made i.e. most appropriate candidate (money, understanding, youth, etc.) versus ... umm, lets call it deceit and mis-information

. the 'global search' thing was always a bit rich when they stated the global search was to encompass Australia, the UK and Europe - not exactly global. but you could see where it was headed early on when it was reported that charlesworth's first choice did not hold the appropriate qualifications to coach in the league

. it should be no surprise that we were never going to hire a highly credentialed coach due to the cost. a payout to moss will have hurt the coaching budget even more

. it is frustrating to hear walmsley go from 'not interested, only want to be the TD' to 'I wanted the job as soon as it was offered' ... also gives some substance to the rumours that he was previously promised the position and was pissed when mossy was appointed

I would assume that it was obvious to the players that Mossy and Sully were winging it and that the team was being hamstrung by their ineptitude. It's natural to lift when the yoke is taken from your shoulders.

Gratis

and we don't know what goes on at training differently, or the instructions given pre-game

Capt. Awesome

Interest move by Walmsley

"AT one point this year it seemed as if the Mariners had no coaches - now it seems they’re going to have loads. As soon as this weekend’s final game against Melbourne Victory is over, newly appointed head coach Tony Walmsley is going to make every player undergo the C-Licence course, to try to make them think a bit more about their game and why they do things."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...sydney-wanderers/story-e6frf4gl-1227317768087

dibo

That's seriously smart.

A team that is tactically literate will be a smarter team on the park.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred