• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

the scum away

Pirate Pete

From Reddit.
Mr Style_Cafe. In his 80's.:piralaugh::piralaugh:

banner.png

LFCMariners

A scrappy game and not one for the highlights reels. A f**king cold night and a crowd that was (unless I am mistaken) the smallest ever crowd for an F3D. In 20+ years of going to that stadium I have never walked out with it so deserted and deathly quiet post-match.

BUT

3 points is 3 points, and we easily won the battle in the stands as well. Both my hands were wrecked afterwards from all the clapping. We easily took over 1K up there and I can't wait to watch the extended highlights to hear us in full song.

Also a shout out to the locals at the pub in Morrisset across the road from the station. I didn't think popping in for a beer with my mate while waiting for the next rail-bus would turn into such an enjoyable (or lengthy) stay. I also have a sneaking suspicion an off-duty call girl tried to make a quick Saturday night buck outta me- but that's another story...

Insertnamehere

It was a pen. First replay made me doubt but different angles showed the force went through and across the chest spinning and knocking off balance. He milked it too, but in the modern game it's naive not to
Basics are, is it a foul? If its a foul and its in the box its a pen. For me it would have been a foul in the outfield. Its shit, soft pen but thems the rules.
It doesn't have to stop a scoring opportunity.

onto it

Overall an insipid performance.
Happy with another clean sheet and the win obviously. Clean sheets are the basis from which you build success.

Seemed our general precision was off. There were several opportunities where 10cm would have led to a goal and we'd all be singing praises.
All true. Of course decent strikers, not only make the most of their chances by beating the defence as well as the keeper, by deception, precision and sometimes power, bu they also create chances out of nothing.
Urena is perhaps our best, Matty is okay, Kuol young and inconsistent.
Yet we are ahead of teams that have very good strikers, so our overall package is not too bad.
I think our strength lies in the spine of Birra, Tonk and Kye, Ollie and Stenz. The nice thing is we are getting a fit (now 90 mins) Urena at the front to compliment and take the spine further forward.
If we can get more precision with crosses, through balls and finishing (ie start some serious practicing) I'm confident we could do well from here on in.

style_cafe

Loved every second of that and was so good to keep that going for the last 10 mins or so. f**king huuuuuge props the everyone who go involved tonight - loud as f**k, loudest travelling support I’ve heard in a long time.

@style_cafe - mate glad you got your banner back all sweet, I’m still getting my breath back after chasing that flog! He deserved a beating.

Yeah Mate what a night to remember!
I got home and had to watch the replay because I missed most of the second half.
We had two scummers try to take the banner down before the game and I caught them and pissed them off.
Then this weedy coke head looking guy came and sat behind the banner about midway through the first half. I kept an eye on him and just after half time noticed the banner was untied in the middle again.
I got my mate to re-tie it and moments later noticed it was gone and I took off after it.
My mate Neil (hero) had given chase but fell as he grabbed him.
No-Diggety (legend) was in hot pursuit and people pointed out which way they went so I hobbled after them.
I saw him toss it over the fence and when I got down to where here was held by other Mariner`s fan I saw you there.
F**k PP, I swear you have 360 degree vision mate ,how the hell did you see it unfold?and how the hell did you get down there so fast?
When security saw me limping they got a chair and sat me down,the cops came and saw I had the banner and someones scarf that he also knocked off and said "what do you want us to do"?
So I had him charged with stealing the banner and scarf.
He now has to front court on theft charges, which will look good on his resume.
The cops even took pics of me holding the banner up for evidence and came back once it was re-hung to get another pic.!
I even offered to take a pic of him standing in front of it....lol

Many thanks to all those that helped me out recovering the "iconic" banner.
I`m thinking of donating it to the club when Matty retires,I think it would look great framed in the club trophy room.
Maybe with the signatures of some forumites on it too.
Cheers
everyone
MARINERS `TIL I DIE

PS Thank`s also to Pirate Pete for his help and support.

Last edited:

onto it

I am having an issue with the use of Bouman as an attacking mid.
For me these guys need some spark and creativity with high levels of technique. I would say we have DDS, Nizz, and Janota as creatives. I think these three should all be getting decent game time in all matches, covering each other on a rotation basis.
It's clear that we have suffered from that lack of spark recently, and although he 'got' the penalty last night, I don't think Bouman is the answer.
Staj sees Janota a lot more (in training than we do) but I can't figure out why Janots is not used more to help the team go forward instead of tiring the full backs with overlap runs, mostly ordinary crosses, and lack of defence.
But heck, we're in second place and playing well above our weight, so what do I know?

LFCMariners

Loved every second of that and was so good to keep that going for the last 10 mins or so. f**king huuuuuge props the everyone who go involved tonight - loud as f**k, loudest travelling support I’ve heard in a long time.

@style_cafe - mate glad you got your banner back all sweet, I’m still getting my breath back after chasing that flog! He deserved a beating.
Saw a butt hurt Jest fan on the CCM FB page who made some comment along the lines of enjoy the trip home you inbreds at least we don't get our banners stolen yada yada yada

I'm thinking bitch please- that Never Tear Us Apart banner blew/ folded over for most of the second half so it just said 'Never Tear Us'. Clean up your own backyard first!

true believer

Yeah Mate what a night to remember!
I got home and had to watch the replay because I missed most of the second half.
We had two scummers try to take the banner down before the game and I caught them and pissed them off.
Then this weedy coke head looking guy came and sat behind the banner about midway through the first half. I kept an eye on him and just after half time noticed the banner was untied in the middle again.
I got my mate to re-tie it and moments later noticed it was gone and I took off after it.
My mate Neil (hero) had given chase but fell as he grabbed him.
No-Diggety (legend) was in hot pursuit and people pointed out which way they went so I hobbled after them.
I saw him toss it over the fence and when I got down to where here was held by other Mariner`s fan I saw you there.
F**k PP, I swear you have 360 degree vision mate ,how the hell did you see it unfold?and how the hell did you get down there so fast?
When security saw me limping they got a chair and sat me down,the cops came and saw I had the banner and someones scarf that he also knocked off and said "what do you want us to do"?
So I had him charged with stealing the banner and scarf.
He now has to front court on theft charges, which will look good on his resume.
The cops even took pics of me holding the banner up for evidence and came back once it was re-hung to get another pic.!
I even offered to take a pic of him standing in front of it....lol

Many thanks to all those that helped me out recovering the "iconic" banner.
I`m thinking of donating it to the club when Matty retires,I think it would look great framed in the club trophy room.
Maybe with the signatures of some forumites on it too.
Cheers
everyone
MARINERS `TIL I DIE
is that the "matty bites your legs banner"

style_cafe

Saw a butt hurt Jest fan on the CCM FB page who made some comment along the lines of enjoy the trip home you inbreds at least we don't get our banners stolen yada yada yada

I'm thinking bitch please- that Never Tear Us Apart banner blew/ folded over for most of the second half so it just said 'Never Tear Us'. Clean up your own backyard first!
Next game we need to really tear them apart with 7-8 goals

Josho Howe

Gutted l missed out on this away day but what a big win from the lads and a massive effort from the fans who made the trip up to the scumdome. 2 wins outta 2 in away derbies l have missed recently. Guess l need to stay away. #FTS

Ancient Mariner

3 essential points. Excellent.
But now I am going to complain.
Nizz managed to get between the lines in acres of space in the 1st half on numerous and was ignored each time.
I am still not impressed by Bouman as a winger. His best game for us was when he played up front as a double sub with Kuol.
Kuol is inexperienced but is still dangerous and needs to be fed. He cannot do it all by himself.
Janota is not a sub to bring on to close down a game and defend a lead. He still seems wy off the pace and loses the ball too frequently.

But hey, isn't it great to get a win over the Scum, to go into 2nd place and still be able to have a whinge.

Much room for improvement.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
f**king Bozza and his “that’s is‘nt a penalty” shit , Thurgood clearly jumped into Bouman from were I was watching at Casa Del Recky ...other than that as scrappy affair but 3 points is 3points ...also methinks it’s time for Staj to give some other blokes a run on start , most of the current crew seem to be running out of ideas

scottmac

Suspended
Bouman's best play has come when he comes in with Kuol when their is a double change for Urena and Simon. We don't seem to be doing that any more. He plays out wide with Nizzy behind him and between the two they make room for Kuol and give him good service. That also has the effect of taking pressure of Nigro.
Yep. 100%. Bouman looked the goods because of when and where he was put into the game. Kuol in the box and Nizzy behind him. Nizzy gets him the ball via a turn over or just being f**king amazing and Bouman finds Kuol for goals. It was a partnership that really fired for us at the start of the season.
I think moving him back to the middle and wide has hampered his play and forced him to try and be a DDS or Nizzy type of player which isn't his strength IMO. His strength was making chances out of the play from those 2 and its no coincidence that our goal count has dropped during his time in the midfield.
In saying that though, we now have a 90 min striker (or very close to it) in Urena so there won't be that dual swap at the 60 with 2 strikers out and 2 in. You'd be bringing him in over Kuol to replace Matty. Won't please the Kuol lovers but I think it's the right thing to do if we are to find a bit more spark in that final third and Kuol can come on when Urena tires or we need to go full throttle to find a winner or equaliser sacrifice a centre mid and have three upfront. Bouman and Urena either side of Kuol in the middle. Bouman can then drop back in defence to help Ollie out Stens out.

OTOH Clisby and Nigro could just start finding people with there crosses and corners so we start scoring more goals.............

booney

Three precious points at last.Poor standard game but at least we played with passion and tenacity so the team still has self belief. May be difficult to beat City and Sydney if through to the final six but you never know in a one off match.
It is always difficult for Mariners to win in Melbourne but next Saturday's game could be a boil over as City are expected to win but also are due a loss.Urena being able to play for 90 minutes is a bonus-his couple of relieving runs in the last few minutes were an eye opener.
Kuol,while having a quiet game ,did probably contribute to Boogard having to be replaced having hit him hard in a tackle a few minutes earlier.Anyway good riddance to the cantankerous Jets skipper who should have had a yellow for his tackle on Urena in the first half.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred