• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

the scum away

midfielder

Just back from the match, the party bus is great for anyone who has not tried it...

Pumped with the win but wonder aloud how we will go against the better teams...

Personally RT & Nizzy were ore best .... RT in particular he just commands the space around him...

Give me this position at the end of last season and I am happy so year on year we are so so so so so so so so much improved...

true believer

definitely a pen for me. Bozza's an idiot - he ran across his path and collected his foot. That's a foul anywhere on the field. Running across isn't 'staying in his own space'
we discussed it and i read your opinion out to mrs tb as on pens. as you have a pretty good technical interpretation, of pens . except if im arguing otherwise , with me :)

Last edited:

Ads

When DDS is back it gives us attacking strength on both flanks.

And also really sure’s up the defence on the right with Nizzy acting as a much stronger layer before Nigro,

Having DDS out we loose a bit of flare and fluidity, but we also loose our balance and structure quite significantly.

If we can only get DDS back for 2/3 good stints/games asap it will make a massive difference.

Then will have Stens, Nizzy and hopefully DDS hit peak as well as maybe Kuol getting some mojo back just at the right time!

pjennings

Bouman's best play has come when he comes in with Kuol when their is a double change for Urena and Simon. We don't seem to be doing that any more. He plays out wide with Nizzy behind him and between the two they make room for Kuol and give him good service. That also has the effect of taking pressure of Nigro.

priorpeter

WE ARE THE COASTIES...THE YELLOW ARMY! NO ONE RATES US...BUT WE DON'T CARE...WHOOOOAAAAA...WHOOOOAAAAA!

Drown out that piss weak commentary and hook that stuff to my veins ??
Loved every second of that and was so good to keep that going for the last 10 mins or so. f**king huuuuuge props the everyone who go involved tonight - loud as f**k, loudest travelling support I’ve heard in a long time.

@style_cafe - mate glad you got your banner back all sweet, I’m still getting my breath back after chasing that flog! He deserved a beating.

Ironbark

I actually don't mind the kit, but why use it now? Shouldn't it be the "main" kit (yellow) unless it clashes with something, then clash kit (blue) and then if both kits somehow clash go to the third (grey)? Yellow would not clash with scum blue so why not wear that?
Is there different sponsorship on each kit?

Big Al

This game is a strange one, we got a win over the Scum, moved back to second on the ladder and yet our performance was so underwhelming I am personally pretty disappointed.

We should be putting teams like these to the sword but our lack of attacking punch is becoming all too obvious sadly. Had it not been for the penalty, I don’t think we would have forced Italiano into a meaningful save all game and against last place, that’s simply not good enough, period.

I know the boys had a tough game midweek but that’s why you have a squad of players isn’t it? So you can rotate and keep things fresh but Staj seems to only want to go with the same team every week and what honestly was the point of putting Casella and Smylie on in added time ffs?

The boys need to find some mojo and rediscover their early season form quick smart, or we really will be limping into the finals.
That’s Staj’s favourite party trick.
When we are winning he waits till the extra minutes are added and makes a sub to chew more time that can’t be added and it breaks the flow of the game for the opposition trying to force the pace to score and it frustrates them

Insertnamehere

It looks like Staj has told Clisby and Nigro to not get so far forward in an effort to stiffen our D. Problem is we play too narrow without those runs. If either of them get forward its then up Stens to plug a gap at CB if Kye or Ruon push out to cover. Its not that hard.

Also where the f**k did that pace come from with Urena. He's looked slow AF all season then smashes out a few 10sec 100s with the ball at his feet.

Ironbark

Overall an insipid performance.
Happy with another clean sheet and the win obviously. Clean sheets are the basis from which you build success.

Seemed our general precision was off. There were several opportunities where 10cm would have led to a goal and we'd all be singing praises.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred