• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

the scum away

booney

Our supporters were great so congrats to them.Birra and the back four were tremendous in defence tonight ( Nigro's passing and crossing are terrible but he defended well).Ollie was inspirational and Stens strong.
Kuol no longer a tiger quoll more so a quoll cub.

Avoca

Phew! We got the WIN. Certainly not the most beautiful game, but we are clawing our way back to the top. Awesome display by our Mariner’s faithful fans on TV - we salute you in the chilly crowd, you legends. Come on Staj & the boys, let’s keep the good times rolling.

Wombat

I didnt go tonight due to family commitments and I feel a bit weak for not being there but the support was fantastic.
Seeing Eggy pumping his chest after a win, with no f**king top on when its freezing cold...thats gold!!!

Team did OK but the support did much better.

"I wanna go home, I wanna go home.....this place is a shit hole, I wanna go home"

pjennings

Bullshit penalty but thank you very much FFA stooges.....must be on a multi with us as a winner.
Softish penalty - but one that is given against a team coming last. We have copped plenty over the last few years which wouldn't be given against a team at or near the top. Once given there is no clear and obvious error. Similarly if not given VAR probably wouldn't have given it.

In spite of what Bosnich and Harper said Thurgate was not holding his ground he was late running across Bouman who had already played the ball forward and impeded him. Not the prettiest game in the world.

turbo

That was far from convincing, offensively that looked like 19-20 Mariners. A much needed three points but would we have scored without the dubious penalty? I don’t think so.

IMO Birraz, Rowles (early stuff up aside), Urena all decent performances. Defensively midfield was ok but offered little going forward.

Our right side with Nigro and Bouman was simply not effective enough going forward. We didn’t go left nearly as often but Clisby and Nisbet had far more to offer.

What to do about it? Maybe DDS back to left, Nisbet on the right and see if that solves it otherwise look to bring Miller on mid second half.

Forum Phoenix

That was far from convincing, offensively that looked like 19-20 Mariners. A much needed three points but would we have scored without the dubious penalty? I don’t think so.

IMO Birraz, Rowles (early stuff up aside), Urena all decent performances. Defensively midfield was ok but offered little going forward.

Our right side with Nigro and Bouman was simply not effective enough going forward. We didn’t go left nearly as often but Clisby and Nisbet had far more to offer.

What to do about it? Maybe DDS back to left, Nisbet on the right and see if that solves it otherwise look to bring Miller on mid second half.

Yeah exactly this. And what else has been said. We ballsed up throughout and the fight was back and we managed to grind out an important result. Very happy but hard not be feeling worried at the same time.

We miss De Silva big time. And we just don't look like scoring at all which is a massive worry. Not sure why NIzz was the early midfield sub as mentioned - maybe because of height in the box for the final onslaught is my guess. I'm also at a loss as to why Bouman is kept on so long over Casella or Janota either. Kuol looks completely out of sorts. Looked lost out there. Hard to know why. Could be a number of things.

turbo

We hit a several over the top to Matty and I was wishing we did that for Kuol last two games.
I was just thoroughly unimpressed with the attack and push forward, balls over the top but either far too heavy or constantly falling to tall defenders. Slow in transition. Sort it out.

Kuol did have that one chance where his touch let him down on the second man but I’ve seen Fornaroli and Berisha botch better chances. Can’t crucify him for that.

The one positive I will offer is that was a proper 90 minute effort from Urena and Staj should think twice before hooking him early.

Ozhammer

This game is a strange one, we got a win over the Scum, moved back to second on the ladder and yet our performance was so underwhelming I am personally pretty disappointed.

We should be putting teams like these to the sword but our lack of attacking punch is becoming all too obvious sadly. Had it not been for the penalty, I don’t think we would have forced Italiano into a meaningful save all game and against last place, that’s simply not good enough, period.

I know the boys had a tough game midweek but that’s why you have a squad of players isn’t it? So you can rotate and keep things fresh but Staj seems to only want to go with the same team every week and what honestly was the point of putting Casella and Smylie on in added time ffs?

The boys need to find some mojo and rediscover their early season form quick smart, or we really will be limping into the finals.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred