• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Phelan factor

Antlion

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...s/mike-phelan-manchester-united-news-16039509

Manchester United expect Mike Phelan to stay on as assistant manager following the permanent appointment of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Phelan has been described as an 'important part' of United's turnaround under Solskjaer but senior club sources insist the formal announcement makes it 'Ole's day'. Phelan is still contracted to Central Coast Mariners as their sporting director and United would have to negotiate a compensation package with the Australian A-League side.

bikinigirl

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...s/mike-phelan-manchester-united-news-16039509

Manchester United expect Mike Phelan to stay on as assistant manager following the permanent appointment of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Phelan has been described as an 'important part' of United's turnaround under Solskjaer but senior club sources insist the formal announcement makes it 'Ole's day'. Phelan is still contracted to Central Coast Mariners as their sporting director and United would have to negotiate a compensation package with the Australian A-League side.

. compensation package ... now we're talking - as a minimum:
  • resident, full-time, sporting director (i don't even care if they report to Phelan so long as they do a good job)
  • two ManU players
  • payment of their salaries and expenses for three years
. feel free to add your suggestions :piralaugh:

Big Al

. compensation package ... now we're talking - as a minimum:
  • resident, full-time, sporting director (i don't even care if they report to Phelan so long as they do a good job)
  • two ManU players
  • payment of their salaries and expenses for three years
. feel free to add your suggestions :piralaugh:
Fergie to coach next year and sanchez on loan.

Seriously though a friendly at CCS would bring MC the crowd he desires and the ticket prices.
Apparently this is a consideration in the compensation to the club Ole was manager at.

nebakke

I'm guessing it's not a lot anyway because whatever he did do he did at a distance - but I'm also figuring we could probably almost get away with asking them for whatever it'd cost to hire someone to replace him and they'd not even realise that we were highballing them ;)

finally retired

maybe MC could get ManU to bankroll 2 Marquees for us next season, as well as cover the salary of all the non-playing staff, including a Football Director. But I like the idea of a friendly against ManU at our stadium..... :vhappy:

MagpieMariner

How many of our supporters would we then lose? I know my son-in-law & his kids support Liverpool, and I'm sure not everyone else is a ManU fan.

Ancient Mariner

How many of our supporters would we then lose? I know my son-in-law & his kids support Liverpool, and I'm sure not everyone else is a ManU fan.
FFS are they Australian or bloody poms.
Who the F*** cares about what team people support in England, Germany, or Italy.
This is the Central Coast.

Football, the last great hold out of the great Australian cultural cringe.

Makes me want to spew.

scoober

The whole we won’t re-sign Tom because he’s injury prone is a little bit crock of shit when you consider the club has not provided the minimum requirement for Tom and every other player to perform at the level expected. Different players fatigue at different levels but without a S&C coach the ability to perform and maintain the performance is all on the club and not the player and rightly should be owned by the club and not influence future contractual decisions.

Josho Howe

We cannot have our technical director being overseas all the time let alone be the assistant manager of Manchester United. We need someone that is on the ground here helping us 24/7, not someone who treats us like his side project.

Reactions: adz

adz

Staff member
Someone who knows a little about the A-League might help too.

*Edit - even if they don't know anything and then they read a couple of wikipedia articles. Watch a couple of games.

Tevor

Has to be a big name English person so Pikey has a new friend to hang around and names drop. There are no other reasons for why we had Phelan, it didn’t make sense and we got zip out of it.

FFC Mariner

Absolutely. Pikey is just a fan boy , he knows little about football and (based on evidence) even less about running a club.
Even worse he can't pick staff to save his life. Perfect storm of chaos.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred