• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The official all-purpose trolling bogan scum thread

turbo

Hilarious they are pissed about loosing him they same way they got him
I'd be more pissed if I was a Brisbane fan, he's an ok signing but not getting any younger. Not a particularly aspirational signing either for a club with a new manager and looking to rebuild. You have to ask is he their main striker signing or is there another one coming? If there is what does that mean for Wenzell Halls? Roy takes up a visa spot for next season but should have his citizenship for the one after.

greenlig

Roy is a rare thing - a striker outside the big clubs that regularly bangs them in. If he stays on the park, he is an asset. Snake of a man, but very good finisher.

Antlion

Has Roy completed a season in Australia yet without a 10 game suspension (or injury)?

Not worth the $ for me. Too unreliable.

Wombat

I'd be more pissed if I was a Brisbane fan, he's an ok signing but not getting any younger. Not a particularly aspirational signing either for a club with a new manager and looking to rebuild. You have to ask is he their main striker signing or is there another one coming? If there is what does that mean for Wenzell Halls? Roy takes up a visa spot for next season but should have his citizenship for the one after.

He is a good signing. Wenzell Halls will be a squad player which is all he is at the moment.

I expect another quality forward and which striker is not going to want to team up with Robbie Fowler.

The question will be can Robbie set up his team as a defensive unit.

turbo

Wenzell Halls will be a squad player which is all he is at the moment.

I know you dont rate him but beside an experienced striker I think he'll do quite well. He's at the substitute level at minimum, definitely not a squaddie. If Brisbane treat him as a squad player they'll have no right to whinge when someone else poaches him after his 2 year deal.

Insertnamehere

He is a good signing. Wenzell Halls will be a squad player which is all he is at the moment.

I expect another quality forward and which striker is not going to want to team up with Robbie Fowler.

The question will be can Robbie set up his team as a defensive unit.
DWH is a gun. He was the best of what the roar had at the back of this season. First xi in at least half the teams in the comp.

JoyfulPenguin

Roy is a rare thing - a striker outside the big clubs that regularly bangs them in. If he stays on the park, he is an asset. Snake of a man, but very good finisher.
For me I can't begrudge what Roy did, he needed to set himself and his family up for the rest of his life and only had a few years of playing left. We paid the price for being stingy. Did it hurt from a fan's perspective? Absolutely, but I don't think there would be many people who would turn down an offer like that when you're retiring in only a few years.

Antlion

For me I can't begrudge what Roy did, he needed to set himself and his family up for the rest of his life and only had a few years of playing left. We paid the price for being stingy. Did it hurt from a fan's perspective? Absolutely, but I don't think there would be many people who would turn down an offer like that when you're retiring in only a few years.
I never met him but I know people who got to know him well when he was on the coast and to a person they talk about what a great guy he is. Quite a friendly, kind and decent fellow by all accounts.
My understanding is he wanted to stay with us but when the scum offered so much more money he couldn't say no. Totally understandable.

turbo

Absolutely, but I don't think there would be many people who would turn down an offer like that when you're retiring in only a few years.

There's not many that would turn down a good offer regardless or retiring of not. I reckon at least 90% of people would jump ship for 10 or 20k when they still have 20+ years of work left. Hard to expect a player to do otherwise

Wombat

I must not be easily impressed or its a QLD thing. He is very mobile but lacks quality for mine. Slightly better than Jordan Murray but not by much.

Michael

I nearly choked when I read that story yesterday, what an absolute muppet. It’d be so much more hilarious if when he comes back he does a hammy from being under done.
If that was my club and he came to me asking to have a month off for his hobby at the start of pre season especially after a shit season.
I’d say, yeah sure how bout we terminate your contract so you have years to pursue your dream. Wanker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred