• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The official all-purpose trolling bogan scum thread

Gratis

Re: McKinna - I think he still cares about CCM.
What CEO, going into the grand final talks about rival club like this:

http://www.espnfc.com.au/australian...ollow-newcastle-jets-blueprint-lawrie-mckinna
Lawrie McKinna is hopeful the club he once guided to a premiership can follow Newcastle's blueprint and climb out of the doldrums in the near future.

Before he was plotting the Jets' path back to A-League prominence, McKinna was the heart and soul of their arch-rivals.

It feels like a lifetime ago now, the way the Central Coast Mariners have fallen on such hard times.

But this season's wooden spooners were once the feel-good story of the competition.

McKinna was the face of it in the early days of the A-League, helping establish the Mariners as a community-focused club that would always punch above its weight and guiding them to first position in season 2007-08.

But Central Coast's slow, steady downfall can be traced back to the moment Mike Charlesworth took over as majority owner in 2013.

McKinna had been squeezed out of the football department after a restructure but took up a role as a club ambassador.

But in late 2014, unhappy with the direction the Mariners were heading in amid fears they would move some home games to Sydney, McKinna decided to cut all official ties with the club.

It was a hugely symbolic moment, considering he was also Gosford's mayor.

"You can flog a dead horse but I wasn't wanted at the club," McKinna told AAP.

"I'd offered my services for free, I would do whatever I was asked for the club.

"It was just time to move on. I moved on, and it's worked out well for me."

Indeed it has.

McKinna served as mayor for more than three years but was removed when the Gosford and Wyong councils amalgamated in 2016.

Around the same time, he was the middleman in talks between FFA and Chinese businessman Martin Lee over the purchase of the Jets.

When the sale was completed, he became Newcastle's CEO -- but he admits he still has a soft spot for the Mariners and always will.

New coach Mike Mulvey has a big rebuilding task head of them as he seeks to turn a side that has won just 13 matches in the last three seasons into a force once again.

"The proof is in the pudding, what can be done at that club," McKinna said.

"So if they get things in order, get a few results -- they don't need to win the league, or get into the Grand Final like we do.

"The punters in Newcastle and Central Coast are very similar. They want a competitive team."

LFCMariners

I am so so so glad they didn't win it. Would have been off social media for a month.

Can you imagine how unbearable they would have been for the next 10 years at least?

Best thing now is if they ever give us shit for '08, we can throw last weekends' game right back at them. And say "Ask your new mate Lawrie about his discussion with Shield a few years later, while you're at it".

I

Josho Howe

I did like how a few of our fans reminded them of 08'. As if they would have known about that, last weekend was their first game. Tags were still on the jerseys.

Tevor

Let’s see if they can hang onto Petratos, he had a great year and no doubt will have some OS opportunities after the WC.

Timmah

The scummers have already indicated they'll appeal (not sure on what grounds). Perhaps they're forgetting:

1. He kicked someone in the face
2. He already missed 2 weeks earlier this season for that whack on Bujis
3. His 8-weeker for the Muscat headbutt

E.g. he has form and this will be VERY difficult to argue down.

Importantly for them though, he can use FFA Cup and with a later season start that could shave four matches off his sentence ahead of next campaign.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami