• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The official all-purpose trolling bogan scum thread

Rowdy

That late in the pre season, the time for intra-club trials has passed its usefulness imo.
Much rather be warming up against other A-League sides.

A-League teams give you dual advantages in both getting 'competitive mins' in to players legs for match fitness as well as a true reflection of where your squad is at, in regards to getting results against your 'real world' opponents.

An 'intra-club' game of your starting XI v your 2nd-stringers allows for the final sharpening of tactics that Okon or any Coach may have been keeping close to their chest & not showing pre-season opposition in those games, as well as lessening chances of injuries from real opposition players fighting for places.

Wouldn't be surprised if Okon plays one of these 'intra's' as the final session just before Rnd:1, honing his patterns of play.

Rowdy

Maybe Merrick thinks Newcastle are where he wants after their win over SydFC & a "3 game in a week - tired" Wellington. ;)

Doesn't give new signing, Ronnie Vargas much hope of bedding in, with his only taste of the A-League coming from playing against his team mates in a non-combative friendly

..... he last played back in ..... May ! :cool:

scottmac

Suspended
I can't see their new import doing too much if that's his first ever game with the team. Still I think they look much much better with him in the squad.
Very very slow at the back. Wil not play a high line which should leave space for our midfielders to exploit and get it into DeSilva. If they do play high then our quick guys like Pain Appiah Buhagiar will kill them down the wings. We should also monster them in midfield with Hiarjei and Brama against Brown and Kantarovski.

I don't like Asdrubal's chances of an easy game against hyphen and boogs. He'll more than likely get hacked to pieces. A welcome to Aus. Hoping to see some fire in this.

Rowdy

Lawrie McKinna confirmed today that Roy O'Donovan is a Jets Marquee player
I think you misread that,

Lawrie was only confirming that Roy is living in a 'tent'
........ @ Stockton
......pissing-up & 4WDriving with fellow bogans

...... now that he's one himself. ;)

scottmac

Suspended
Scum depth to be tested over the next month. Georgievski out for a month at least. They lose a lot of pace in their back line without him.

JoyfulPenguin

Scum depth to be tested over the next month. Georgievski out for a month at least. They lose a lot of pace in their back line without him.
They need Adelson/Cowburn to step up or they will be in trouble I think. Hoffman is nowhere near A-League quality at right back.

scottmac

Suspended
They need Adelson/Cowburn to step up or they will be in trouble I think. Hoffman is nowhere near A-League quality at right back.
I was surprised they put Hoffman straight in. With Adelson getting game time pre season I thought he would have been right for a go.
what I would give to have Adelson in our side right now

style_cafe

Ok I admit I haven`t kept up with all the latest rule changes/interpretations etc. but can someone explain to me why Roy O`Donovan wasn`t off-side for his first goal against Wellington?
Wasn`t he "Goal Hanging" as described in the rules?
And none of the commentators said a word against him.
Very strange.

Last edited:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Ok I admit I haven`t kept up with all the latest rule changes/interpretations etc. but can someone explain to me why Roy O`Donovan wasn`t off-side for his first goal against Wellington?
Wasn`t he "Goal Hanging" as described in the rules?
And none of the commentators said a word against him.
Very strange.
There's nothing in the laws about goal hanging.
For offside, there needs to be a 2nd attacker involved. "...in an offside position when the ball is last touched or played by a teammate"
In this instance, there was no teammate.
Also, it was a defensive pass. Can't be offside when the defence has controlled the ball anyway.
Make sense?

Having said that, O'Donovan scores. Runs off with his shirt over his head.

This is a mandatory f****** booking. God, the refereeing is just getting worse and worse.
It's like they're not even pretending to do their job anymore.

style_cafe

There's nothing in the laws about goal hanging.
For offside, there needs to be a 2nd attacker involved. "...in an offside position when the ball is last touched or played by a teammate"
In this instance, there was no teammate.
Also, it was a defensive pass. Can't be offside when the defence has controlled the ball anyway.
Make sense?

Having said that, O'Donovan scores. Runs off with his shirt over his head.

This is a mandatory f****** booking. God, the refereeing is just getting worse and worse.
It's like they're not even pretending to do their job anymore.

Hey Gus ,thanks for that.
I found the2017 FIFA Rules etc. & you`re 100% correct.
The rule book I looked at clearly had the opposite so it must have been outdated.

Pirate Pete

I watched a bit of the game on Saturday.
The bit where some Irish bloke missed a couple of sitters and elbowed someone the head to get a yellow card.

Tevor

I watched a bit of the game on Saturday.
The bit where some Irish bloke missed a couple of sitters and elbowed someone the head to get a yellow card.
Agree it was good to see the Roy of old miss some sitters, they are playing with confidence and some luck but more importantly taking the chances when presented like the two poor back passs in two weeks. Next few rounds will be a good test especially a SFC coming off a flogging by the mighty Mariners, we couldn’t have planed it better.

Definitely will be in the 6 this year, if not they should hand in their HAL license.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred