• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The official all-purpose trolling bogan scum thread

MrCelery

I would hardly call two losses and a draw in the last four games as being "in-form".

Agree MM. My er, ehm, Jets friends are scratching their heads over their position on the table (great) against how they are playing (very average). Does not compute.

Let's hope we can put some perspective back this weekend, and not fail to deliver at home as we often do.

And will the Squadrunts please refrain from singing that boring repetitive "New car sales" song. I don't need a new one.

patrick_vieira4

Keen.

Newcastle Bogans lolz
5ip6M.jpg

p-diddy

replying to an actual photo showing your fans to be bogans with pictures from random US towns: bravo. i love that the one guy has a yellow army scarf; it pretty much sums up your active support. :tophat:

Forum Phoenix

lol wow! A genuine Derby thread! With squadrunts and everything!

Vieira's post is hilarious.
But Furns "Jest are an in form team" was even funnier.

Ravana

its funny how the squadrunts call anyone else bogans.

The keep on calling us 'gypos', which is a completly bogan way to say it.
Do any of them know what a gypsie is anyway?

patrick_vieira4

Gypsies are travellers who make camp on their journies and create large communities.

If you notice coming home from within Sydney, there's no signs saying "Gosford" or "Central Coast". You have to follow "Newcastle" signs to get home, on the F3.

The phrase gypsie, or gypo, comes from the idea that the central coast is a community situated in the middle of a travelling road (the F3 - which starts in Syd and finishes in Newy) - it's as if the gypsies who created the central coast decided to stop and make camp on their travels and never left. This is where gypo comes from, well at least personally that's my portrayal of it.

Most places has caravan parks but we like to think the Coast is full of gypsie caravan parks and mobile homes.

That's the gist of it, well my take on it.

And I don't need a history lesson on the F3 being built after said places on the Coast, or directions on how you don't use the f3 to get back to the coast. I don't care. It's just a name that we call Coasties, and a fitting one IMO.

And it's relatively original, compared to calling another team a name such as bogans which is commonly used in many contexts and your coast is evidently full of them anyway.

Jets fans:
oZJOu.jpg

Mariners fans:
5ip6M.jpg

Newcastle bogans is very fitting, yes.

Ravana

your saying that guy in the blue shirt isnt a bogan?

BTW last time I went to a jets away, a squadrunt grabbed my sister on the arse. Classy fans you have

patrick_vieira4

Well I think there a bogans everywhere, that's my point. It's not original and judging by member(s) in your yellow army (btw why isn't it Navy Army? There's more yellow on that yellow army scarf than there is on Simon's jersey) I would say it's a severe case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Ravana

Well I think there a bogans everywhere, that's my point. It's not original and judging by member(s) in your yellow army (btw why isn't it Navy Army? There's more yellow on that yellow army scarf than there is on Simon's jersey) I would say it's a severe case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Well truth be hold, the biggest collection of bogan i have ever seen are in Sydney, near central station.

patrick_vieira4

And I've been to bluetongue and been punched, had my mrs sexually harrassed and had my car key-scratched. No one is perfect, I don't understand why y'all get on a high horse when you're just as bad as someone else.

Bex

The phrase gypsie, or gypo, comes from the idea that the central coast is a community situated in the middle of a travelling road (the F3 - which starts in Syd and finishes in Newy) - it's as if the gypsies who created the central coast decided to stop and make camp on their travels and never left. This is where gypo comes from, well at least personally that's my portrayal of it.

In fact, Central Coast was not settled by Europeans in that way. You see, Scumcastle was settled through shipping from Sydney rather than any land link. And the very first contact by Europeans with that area was because escaped convicts had made their way there; some things never change huh!

link

In September 1797 Lieutenant John Shortland became the first European to explore the area. His discovery of the area was largely accidental; as he had been sent in search of a number of convicts who had seized HMS Cumberland as she was sailing from Sydney Cove.[9]

While returning, Lt. Shortland entered what he later described as "a very fine river", which he named after New South Wales' Governor, John Hunter.[10] He returned with reports of the deep-water port and the area's abundant coal. Over the next two years, coal mined from the area was the New South Wales colony's first export.[10]

Scumcastle gained a reputation as a "hellhole" as it was a place where the most dangerous convicts were sent to dig in the coal mines as harsh punishment for their crimes.[10]

By the turn of the century the mouth of the Hunter River was being visited by diverse groups of men, including coal diggers, timber-cutters, and more escaped convicts. Philip Gidley King, the Governor of New South Wales from 1800, decided on a more positive approach to exploit the now obvious natural resources of the Hunter Valley.[9]

In 1801, a convict camp called King's Town (named after Governor King) was established to mine coal and cut timber. In the same year, the first shipment of coal was dispatched to Sydney. This settlement closed less than a year later.[10]

A settlement was again attempted in 1804, as a place of secondary punishment for unruly convicts. The settlement was named Coal River, also Kingstown and then re-named Scumcastle, after England's famous coal port.[8] The name first appeared by the commission issued by Governor King on 15 March 1804 to Lieutenant Charles Menzies of the marine detachment on HMS Calcutta, then at Port Jackson, appointing him superintendent of the new settlement.[11]

The new settlement, comprising convicts and a military guard, arrived at the Hunter River on 27 March 1804 in three ships: HMS Lady Nelson, the Resource and the James.[9][12] The convicts were rebels from the 1804 Castle Hill convict rebellion.

So you can see, Scumcastle is basically a hell hole that was settled by the worst convicts and their guards. Over a century later, that atmosphere remains.

As for the Central Coast:

link

Along with the other land around the Hawkesbury River estuary, the Brisbane Water district was explored during the early stages of the settlement of Sydney. In the early 19th century some pioneering European settlers began occupying the land, for timber-cutting (mainly ironbark and Australian red cedar), lime production and grazing.[citation needed]

Gosford itself was explored by Governor Phillip between 1788 and 1789. The area was of difficult access and settlement did not start before 1823. By the late 19th century the agriculture in the region was diversifying, with market gardens and citrus orchards occupying the rich soil left after the timber harvest. The first road between Hawkesbury, (near Pittwater) to Brisbane Water was only a cart wheel track even in 1850.[4]

No sign of any road joining Sydney and Scumcastle there..... and not a sign of a gypsie anywhere either, just hard working citizens helping the colony survive. And that atmosphere remains to this day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb