• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The marriage equality thread

dibo

I've got Wombat on the ignore list, so I've no idea what he's spouting, but on abuse, I don't know why anyone thinks that abuse would be more prevalent in same-sex parented households, unless it's the old myth of conflating homosexuality with paedophilia?

And given that same-sex couples already have kids (including a couple of couples I know) outside of marriage (just like straight couples can), I can't see what relevance it has to whether we stop discriminating against same-sex couples who want to get married.

VicMariner

What? Homosexuals are more likely to be child abusers?
Is there any data to support that idea?

Let's send children to religious institutions instead because those guys are all about lecturing the rest of us on ethics and morals, the kids will be really safe in the hands of priests.

VicMariner

Don't listen to the left or right on this or any other issue. Do your own research and find what is best for everyone.
Sometimes the best thing is not what you like or want. That is the price of living in a free society. Live and let live...put that into practice.

Wombat

I've got Wombat on the ignore list, so I've no idea what he's spouting, but on abuse, I don't know why anyone thinks that abuse would be more prevalent in same-sex parented households, unless it's the old myth of conflating homosexuality with paedophilia?

And given that same-sex couples already have kids (including a couple of couples I know) outside of marriage (just like straight couples can), I can't see what relevance it has to whether we stop discriminating against same-sex couples who want to get married.

Please continue to ignore me...maybe to the level that you dont need to comment on my posts.

Im sure all those victims of abuse (sometimes by Labour MP's) would be pleased to hear that you think their abuse was a myth.

Wombat

What? Homosexuals are more likely to be child abusers?
Is there any data to support that idea?

Let's send children to religious institutions instead because those guys are all about lecturing the rest of us on ethics and morals, the kids will be really safe in the hands of priests.

Good point. Think it through.
If a Gay man who has devoted his life to god (A Priest) can not be trusted with kids.......what makes you think a child is going to be safe in the hands of a gay couple with no moral compass.
Im sure there would be plenty of data to support this.....pretty sure it would be suppressed though.

Insertnamehere

I think the issue of marriage equality has been conflated into a debate of broader societal issues, which it shouldn't be. It's a debate about whether 2 consenting adults who allegedly love each other should be allowed to form a married couple.
This garbage about gays abusing children sounds like people have been watching too much Fox News and ACA. Spurious at best, defamatory at worst.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Please continue to ignore me...maybe to the level that you dont need to comment on my posts.

Im sure all those victims of abuse (sometimes by Labour MP's) would be pleased to hear that you think their abuse was a myth.

And what the f*** does that have to do with same sex marriage?
Absolutely nothing. Nothing at all.
Good point. Think it through.
If a Gay man who has devoted his life to god (A Priest) can not be trusted with kids.......what makes you think a child is going to be safe in the hands of a gay couple with no moral compass.
Im sure there would be plenty of data to support this.....pretty sure it would be suppressed though.
You're trolling, surely? Non-christians have no moral compass?? That's a complete load of BS.

So what you're saying is that a non-christan gay man is a significant risk to children purely because he's a non-christian gay man? You're actually promoting the sickening 'homosexuals = paedophiles' bs, and throwing in the 'if you don't go to church you have no morals' lie to boot???

Wombat

Your a Gay man so you are hardly going to agree with me. Im not sure how the conversation got to this point btw.

VicMariner

What makes you think gay people have no moral compass?
They are like anyone else, just attracted to the same sex, that is the only difference.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Your a Gay man so you are hardly going to agree with me. Im not sure how the conversation got to this point btw.

I'm married with a wife you deadset f**king idiot. Not that my sexuality is the slightest bit relevant to somebody agreeing with your claims that 'homosexuality = paedophilia' and 'only Christians have morals'. Not having an IQ in single digits would be more relevant to somebody not agreeing with that idiocy.
Not sure how the conversation got to this point? Wouldn't be because of the disgusting hate claims you've been making in the last few pages now, would it?

VicMariner

Aaaaand it goes to eleven...
3Akqxs.jpg

VicMariner

Seriously though Wombat, straight Christians don't have global rights to ethics and morals. A sense of right and wrong is innate within all of us from time immemorial.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred