• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The marriage equality thread

true believer

Why?

I only know 2 gay people and neither could give a flying f**k about this debate. They think it's interesting but my mates partner is screaming from the roof tops how important it is. I'm bemused by the whole thing.
well mr wombat i have a niece that couldn't have her partner in australia .
so she now lives with her partner in europe she has a business with over a few million in turnover
she is with the person she loves which she couldn't be with in this country because of the religious mafia and
goose stepping nazis .
thats one of the reasons i'll vote yes

Last edited:

Wombat

Gay people can get spousal visas. One of the only two I know is a Thai man living with Aussie man on the Coast.

MagpieMariner

I'm voting YES because, if Tony Abbott's against it, then I'm for it. :p
Seriously though, I've been happily married for 41 years and I don't think it's fair that someone else can't have that same joy just because the one they love is the same gender.

true believer

Gay people can get spousal visas. One of the only two I know is a Thai man living with Aussie man on the Coast.
You certainly couldn't one a few years ago .
She was living in wellington for a while

You can't go and see your partner in hospital "because your not family "
Under the current law as justice kirby said "if he died his partner of 30 years would not get his pension "

Rowdy

You can't go and see your partner in hospital "because your not family "

Not true, my brother was being kept alive on life-support at GHS awaiting my parents arrival and we couldnt get rid of his ex-girlfriend who claimed she was his 'partner', despite us telling Hospital staff & Police present the truth of their relationship status.

"if she says she is his partner, we have to accept that she is" , said both.

Totally fcuked, in the most traumatic moment of our lives, we couldn't do a thing about it.

true believer

magda sebanski claimed on tv she was not allowed in to see her partner . also in your case the girl wasn't a same sex partner .
sorry to hear about your brother .

Wombat

I"M STILL ON THE FENCE.

my daughters friend was "normal" but then went out with a Koori bloke for a fair while and he was a dickhead basically (im being nice)
After the end of their differcult relationship she met am older girl and they ended up together.
They were together for a year and she always said she wasn't a lesbian but she just loved this girls soul??
They spilt and she had a no strings attached relationship with a bloke until she fell pregnant. He wasnt intested in being a Dad and she wanted the kid so jumped back in with the Lesbian who said she would help her raise the kid.
While it sounds like a Penisular soap opera i feel very sad for the child not being born into a proper family.
I dont really have the words or time to explain my concerns but i still dont feel comfortable with same sex couples bringing up kids.,,,but that is a slightly diffrent argument.

Big Al

I"M STILL ON THE FENCE.

my daughters friend was "normal" but then went out with a Koori bloke for a fair while and he was a dickhead basically (im being nice)
After the end of their differcult relationship she met am older girl and they ended up together.
They were together for a year and she always said she wasn't a lesbian but she just loved this girls soul??
They spilt and she had a no strings attached relationship with a bloke until she fell pregnant. He wasnt intested in being a Dad and she wanted the kid so jumped back in with the Lesbian who said she would help her raise the kid.
While it sounds like a Penisular soap opera i feel very sad for the child not being born into a proper family.
I dont really have the words or time to explain my concerns but i still dont feel comfortable with same sex couples bringing up kids.,,,but that is a slightly diffrent argument.
Will the dad give the child love. No (not cause he's a man just a dick)
Will the lesbian give the child love. Sounds like it.
Plenty of shit hetro parents out there.
However as you say don't think this marriage choice effects kids rights so shouldn't cloud your judgement.

Nothing wrong with having concerns reservations but are they on topic to what we are being asked to vote on. However a yes vote may lead to more of what you talk about

true believer

I"M STILL ON THE FENCE.

So if there is a heavly austic child . And the only people that will care for the child are gay . You think they shouldn't and the child should be left till there is a hetro couple ?
Gee thats a perfect world

Wombat

So if there is a heavly austic child . And the only people that will care for the child are gay . You think they shouldn't and the child should be left till there is a hetro couple ?
Gee thats a perfect world

Why would only a Gay couple care for the heavily Austistic child?

I would have reservations about Gay men caring for an Autistic child.

true believer

Why would it matter if they were gay men . All children come from men and women .
And there a plenty in care .
But your only worried about gay men ?
I know of only one autistic child in care and their girls , god bless'm .
Other children are being cared for by gay couples because so few people will do it .

Good people come in all persuasions
Sexual orientation isn"t a guide

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Don't be deliberately obtuse.

I think you will get the vote mate so chill.

obtuse? for the life of me I can't think why you are concerned, specifically, with same-sex parents and autistic children. I think you're the only one in this thread seeing any possible connection or concern there.

Big Al

They were talking about it on ABC radio this afternoon as the high court has said the vote is on.

A bloke rang up and said he has concerns about the children as well. He quoted children who have been brought up in Same sex families and the presses they have faced socially.

It's a fair statement, however I wonder if Wombat maybe thinking more about abuse issues

Wombat

They were talking about it on ABC radio this afternoon as the high court has said the vote is on.

A bloke rang up and said he has concerns about the children as well. He quoted children who have been brought up in Same sex families and the presses they have faced socially.

It's a fair statement, however I wonder if Wombat maybe thinking more about abuse issues

Correct. I also like to offer some balance rather than just jumping on the bandwagon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred