• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The marriage equality thread

MagpieMariner

Not for someone who holds the same religious beliefs as myself.
And I'm tired of people who believe otherwise shoving their beliefs down my throat demanding that I change my opinion, at the same time complaining that I'm shoving my beliefs down their throats.
Yes I know, no-one has done that here (yet), I'm just getting in first.
I don't have a problem with those who hold a contrary belief, but I won't be saying anything more in this discussion. I've simply stated my opinion and I'll leave it at that.

kevrenor

I'm married. I'm equal (isn't that right dear?).

Seriously, as a Christian I was married before God, which is what really mattered to me; but also married under the rules of our country which provides its own rights and responsibilities. Even if I was blessed to double dip like that, I don't have a problem with others taking just the latter version, of any sex. [I'm not a fan of the (sic) ACL of course)

VicMariner

Just get it done already. Like women getting the vote, the world won't end and decades later people will wonder what all the fuss was about.

nearlyyellow

I liked the comment from a Yank RRRRN on the news tonight, he will fight the abomination as he has every right to protect his family. Pardon? How will this change the loving relationship between his family, between two loving opposite sex people? It won't! Let the "sinners" join in a legal union, they're not doing it in your church, are they? They're not wanting to be joined in marriage before your deity, are they? All they want is legal recognition of the commitments they are making to each other. And having done that they will accept all the legal ramifications, positive and negative, of marriage at law.

Seems fair to me. They're not denigrating your loving union that you made before your deity. I don't feel my marriage will be any less important, loving, close, etc. by the changes made.

Live and let live.

clear.png
( RRRRN= Raving Rightwing Religious Ratbag Nutter, commonly found in the USA and usually a supporter of the Republican Party)

nearlyyellow

People who object on religious grounds should read the following
https://prounione.wordpress.com/2015/06/27/right-and-wrong-catholic-responses-to-scotus/
There are two quotes I'd like to share...
"You can choose to light a candle, rather than curse the darkness”
and…
"To the Texas pastor who threatened self-immolation: get thee to an exorcist. Or a shrink."
They pretty much sum up my thoughts on the subject.
Thanks for that, it's an interesting article, it also presents many of my pov's in a careful and considered manner.

true believer

I see this as clear cut . in a vote the irish approved this by 65%
where many people would have been told that's it's a moral sin to vote YES. this would certainly be repeated here .

I see abbott and the clergy railing against this ,as money changers at the temple , which of course they are .
it's time to render unto ceaser that which is ceaser's .

Rowdy

Hahaha... amusing indeed!

This means that Liam Reddy is considered 'unclean', according to Leviticus 11:6-8; touching the skin of a dead pig makes one unclean.

Or does wearing Uhlsport goalie gloves afford him salvation, god only knows!

Rowdy

Bit taken aback with the 'dumb' rating :confused:

Only trying to light-heartedly point out the absurd dichotomy within the 3rd book of the Hebrews.

HELL! ( :p ) how dumb is it when Leviticus tells me that if were to enslave 'scummer-bogans' from my northern tribal wasteland region of Newcastle, for the sole purpose of creating 'hordes of hub-cap' thieves, only to serve increasing my own 'hub-cup' wealth .
images-3.jpeg
I CANNOT enslave the 'scummers' for that is FORBIDDEN! ???????

Whereas alas, I am permitted (by the word of God) to enslaven the 'Nix'ians' from the fiery lands of the Long White Cloud. After the mighty sea voyage across the 'ditch' and harbouring at the CentralCoastal port of 'Iguana',
images.jpeg
I will crack my whip over there backs as they labour to 'impregnate my many flocks' ,
images-1.jpeg
for I am permitted as they are 'slaves of a foreign land'

Imagine having to live a life bound by the 'literal' interpretations of the 'word of God', and I mean 'any' God.

that my friend would be the definition of 'dumb'. :)

style_cafe

I don`t see any problem with equality in marriage.
There are far more important things in this country for us to worry about,(like finding another striker & another CB)
Have a vote, get rid of Abbott, have equality & win HAL 11 :cheers:

Rowdy

so your an Ashkenazi jew , that's been rattled by syd

You might be able to read, but i think you fail to grasp the concept of 'understanding what your actually reading'

Here's the first paragraph of my post:
Only trying to light-heartedly point out the absurd dichotomy within the 3rd book of the Hebrews.

Surprised mods havent deleted your personal semitic slur.

If you think its ok to label me a 'Jew', (which only goes to show how 'dumb' YOU actually are considering my ENTIRE post was CRITICIZING the Jewish text)..............
.......... then it must be ok to let you know that personally i think your fcuk-wit.

true believer

[QUOTE="Rowdy, post: 209346, member: 50

Surprised mods havent deleted your personal semitic slur.

If you think its ok to label me a 'Jew', (which only goes to show how 'dumb' YOU actually are considering my ENTIRE post was CRITICIZING the Jewish text)..............
.......... then it must be ok to let you know that personally i think your fcuk-wit.[/QUOTE]

the mods probably didn't give a rats . as you were quoting torah .
if you got that , you would also have understood the Ashkenazi are associated with the Israeli
hard right .
please let me know if you'd like me to upset you some more . your favourite fcuk-wit

ps and you made syd's day

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred