• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The FINALS thread

Wombat

FARK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Over 35B Kariong v East gosford 1.  2.0 loss.

I think we were too over confident and the Rams just wanted it more.

Two great goals from outside the box and we missed a penalty and had another stop on the line in the sand.  Nothing went right on the day and Rams worked there arses off.

I felt we were maginally better but didn't really derserve to win.  Good luck to East Gosso and good luck to the dude with broken foot.

J

jiggles

Gosford lost to Tuggerah today in the WAA5, was a good game (I don't know how you girls did it with the minor dust storms every 5 minutes...) and was a 2-0 result. Congrats on making it to the finals though, you guys played great.

Congrats to Tuggerah too for the win :)

Kareem

Grand Final Winners- Division 1- Reserve Grade- 2009
OURIMBAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOW- just wow!
0-0 draw after Extra Time!
Penalty shootout and we held our nerve to win 5-4...
I'm shocked we pulled off the upset of the season in ressies...they were undefeated, they were a quality side!

Now the honesty...I can say with hopefully a valued opinion- the League is the most important thing, and Avoca are deserved champions (15 wins, 1 draw in league)
Tbh Finals are a farce...we finish season on high...after coming 3rd- and Avoca have disappointment.
I mean how many 'minor' premiers lost this weekend?
My stepbrother did (u12B's SEU)
My coach's sons did (u12E's Our)
Eggy + Greggo did (MAA1 Kan)
its stupid tbh...but in the meantime, GO FALCONS!

Ranyen

Kareem said:
I mean how many 'minor' premiers lost this weekend?
My stepbrother did (u12B's SEU)
My coach's sons did (u12E's Our)
Eggy + Greggo did (MAA1 Kan)
its stupid tbh...but in the meantime, GO FALCONS!

Tuggerah WAA5 were minor premiers and they won the Grand final.

Although I do agree in some cases that Finals are pointless.

But congrats on winning.

Bear

Unde14's girls final between Gosford and Kariong (i think it was?) that was on before the AA5 womens game on field 3 had an interesting outcome

0-0 after extra time, so went to penaltys

one of the Kariongs girls took 2 kicks, without every player in the team having taken their turn. apparantley the ref allowed this to happen (this is what we heard)

kariong wins the shootout, and gosford immediatly protest (and rightly so imo)

anyone got anymore info?

FFC Mariner

Post season cups are pointless IMHO.

League champions is all that matters.

Sooner Australia grows up and drops them the better

(wont happen but can dream)

dru

Was Gosford and Kariong, Apparently Full replay to be played, meeting went till after halftime in the WAA5's game. Paperwork has to be put through by Gosford officials but they were getting the wheels in motion yesterday.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Surprised they didn't just replay the penalty shootout - seems inconsistent with some of the other replay decisions.

I have a couple of ideas of how the error could have occurred, but disappointing nonetheless.  Makes it a difficult situation for all concerned.

T

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
I have a couple of ideas of how the error could have occurred, but disappointing nonetheless.  Makes it a difficult situation for all concerned.

Apparently the girl who took the 2 shots even said to the ref, "I have already taken a shot" to which he replied, shoot away or something like that.
I have had that guy ref a couple of my games before, and he is very inconsistant.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Well, simply not knowing the law was obviously one possibility, and the one that I was hoping wasn't the case :p

Ref appointments sheet has a female down to do that game, not a male ref, so I don't even know who that ref was.

Morgan30

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
Well, simply not knowing the law was obviously one possibility, and the one that I was hoping wasn't the case :p

Ref appointments sheet has a female down to do that game, not a male ref, so I don't even know who that ref was.

FYI Jody Jackson is a guy

Congrats to the WAA5CN Tuggerah girls winning their grandfinal on the weekend. Gosford did not look like they wanted it. Its been a good year between these two clubs, very fiery and great rivalry. Those Doylo girls where awesome to go support Tuggerah. Congrats to the WAA5 player of the year too...a deserved prize.
Also bad luck to the Gosford girls in the game before hand. I heard you get a replay of the game so best of luck!!! Btw that ref should be penalised for stuffing up like that, also the side line ref too for not speaking up when the Gosford coach said something to him.

Wombat

Ranyen said:
Did anybody see number 5 in that game, she was soooo tiny!

Are you talking about the tiny Kariong player.
She is Kayla and she is a gun.  CC player of the year for last 3 years running. Amazing player and could easily play for Australia when shes older.

Wombat

Hey Capt....reffing question for you.
When a keeper deliberately handles the ball outside of the box...isn;t it a straight red??
Rams keeper did this but chump of a ref gave him a yellow not a red.

I;ve played in games when keepers have been sent for this why didn;t it happen in our final?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred