• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The epic shitness of the forum

clarence

poko said:
Dudes, it still gets the word out. Good stuff does come from here on rare occassions...but it's mostly all pissing and whinging.

Fixed for you........and I can confirm this quote. +1  ;) ;D :p

kevrenor said:
Paolo said:
Its evolution
Driven by Darwin's survival of the fitest, or an asteroid from space?
Paolo said:
I have been exercising more..so I'm guessing survival of the fittest

Doesn't matter how fit you are, it only takes something like a kick to the head and it's 'game over'. Right, 'Paolo'? ;)

+1 vote for asteroid theory  -and mods taking more control. ;D

Arabmariner

kevrenor said:
I note that Adz has been doing some data cleansing over recent months, so much so that our number of users is now at a figure of 750 or so ... fair enough too if those people (400-500) culled since version 2 started aren't active - but it would be good if we knew why so many registered but didn't participate.
Obviously I can't speak for everyone but I do know a couple of ex regular posters who no longer do so because they felt if they voiced an opinion different to certain people they just got blasted with insults etc.

Now they just don't bother.

Just saying what I know.........

Jimmy

mariners4ever said:
Part_Timer said:
mariners4ever said:
jimmy isnt on the committee anymore so he doesnt organise it

because you HAVE to be on the committee. to make ur own tifos, banners ect..

no, but i'm just saying that because keensy stated that someone should suggest to jimmy as  he thought he ORGANISES the tifos every week, where he doesnt

Off topic, but in response.

I did organise the tifos every week, though I'm not doing them anymore, not due to the fact that I'm no longer on the committee or club captain, but because I don't want to anymore (for a while at least).

I would of organised the tifos regardless if I was club captain or not.
The bay needed colour and I brought the bay colour (in my opinion).

It's time for some people to stop sitting on their hands and actually put some effort in. Many hands make light work. Let's see if we can get a good tifo going for the upcoming ACL game, because the last one was terrible.

The Marinators club is important to run the finances etc. There would be no acountability or much organisation without them. They raise funds for tifos etc.

But just because your not on the committee doesn't mean you don't do anything.
There's money there to be used for flags, giant banners, drums or anything that will add atmosphere to the bay. Just ask someone in the committee if they think your idea is good enough (not slagging anyone) for funding. Or better yet, put your hand up for club captain, it streamlines the process of getting funding to make stuff.

I don't get why everyone is against the establishment, they are there to try and help you, and all anyone ever does on this forum is heap shit on them.
There's not "to much paperwork" to get the funding for a banner that you've made. f**king use it or stop whinging.

I know some people might not like what I've just said, but it's the fact.
I also know that there are a couple of people thinking that I've taken a direct shot at them, but I haven't.

Jimmy

Paolo said:
But in regards to ideas about tifo and visual support, ideas and planning SHOULD be somewhat secretive in order for it to have thye full effect on the day..eg nye media release was embarrassing.

I also couldn't agree more on this.

adz

Staff member
The latest (and only...) "cull" was removing about 250 accounts that had 0 posts and had not logged in for 100+ days. A lot of those accounts had not been activated too.

Bex

Jimmy said:
mariners4ever said:
Part_Timer said:
mariners4ever said:

no, but i'm just saying that because keensy stated that someone should suggest to jimmy as  he thought he ORGANISES the tifos every week, where he doesnt

I did organise the tifos every week, though I'm not doing them anymore, not due to the fact that I'm no longer on the committee or club captain, but because I don't want to anymore (for a while at least).

It's time for some people to stop sitting on their hands and actually put some effort in. Many hands make light work. Let's see if we can get a good tifo going for the upcoming ACL game, because the last one was terrible.

The Marinators club is important to run the finances etc. There would be no acountability or much organisation without them. They raise funds for tifos etc.

There's money there to be used for flags, giant banners, drums or anything that will add atmosphere to the bay. Just ask someone in the committee if they think your idea is good enough (not slagging anyone) for funding. Or better yet, put your hand up for club captain, it streamlines the process of getting funding to make stuff.

I don't get why everyone is against the establishment, they are there to try and help you, and all anyone ever does on this forum is heap shit on them.
There's not "to much paperwork" to get the funding for a banner that you've made. f**king use it or stop whinging.

I also know that there are a couple of people thinking that I've taken a direct shot at them, but I haven't.

My 2 cents worth:

I don't think I've ever received support on this forum for any idea I've put forward. In hindsight, I can see the reason for that is probably because others who have more experience are aware of the difficulties and issues that make things impracticle. I don't mind that it happened at all - I've got thicker skin than that. However, its rather demotivating to anyone that wants to participate and, in the end, it was too hard for me because I hadn't done it before so I didn't bother.

IMO, the more experienced forum members/marinators should try to be a bit more supportive and, when they recognise that a suggestion is not ideal, they should be trying to channel the energy towards a practical result rather than just being negative and shooting things down. In fact, sometimes you've got to let people make mistakes so they learn.

We seem to have plenty discussions about a whole lot of things on this forum, and there is always plenty of whining about achieving more and theres alway negative discussion about how difficult it is.

IMO, things are much simpler to progress than you may think. For example, there was a time when I intended to make some large flags. I put a post on this forum asking the best material for the flagpole (e.g. electrical conduit or the like) but didn't get one response. From what I remember, the focus of that thread did the usual thing where people just try to get the upper hand with their own opinion about what is good tifo and what is bad tifo.

The sad thing is that its far more likely that this post will attract negative comments than it will create any positive action. Indeed this thread is trying to do something positive yet it has a negative title and its already turning totally negative with whining about deleted accounts. So f**king what about deleted accounts. The Mariners just need to go to games, make noise (hopefully coordinated), have fun, show a lot of yellow and hopefully help our team win. The main function of this forum should be to help that cause and it should help people interested in the Mariners to find out more about the team and the club. It should be a way in which people who want to help out can get some constructive help; not demotivation. Our greatest resource is people who are keen to help; it should be fostered not discouraged.

Of course there should be some parts of the forum that allow banter, but that banter just overrides everything on here.

Okay, that might have been 5 cents worth.

Jimmy

Bex said:
Jimmy said:
mariners4ever said:
Part_Timer said:
mariners4ever said:

My 2 cents worth:

I don't think I've ever received support on this forum for any idea I've put forward. In hindsight, I can see the reason for that is probably because others who have more experience are aware of the difficulties and issues that make things impracticle. I don't mind that it happened at all - I've got thicker skin than that. However, its rather demotivating to anyone that wants to participate and, in the end, it was too hard for me because I hadn't done it before so I didn't bother.

IMO, the more experienced forum members/marinators should try to be a bit more supportive and, when they recognise that a suggestion is not ideal, they should be trying to channel the energy towards a practical result rather than just being negative and shooting things down. In fact, sometimes you've got to let people make mistakes so they learn.

We seem to have plenty discussions about a whole lot of things on this forum, and there is always plenty of whining about achieving more and theres alway negative discussion about how difficult it is.

IMO, things are much simpler to progress than you may think. For example, there was a time when I intended to make some large flags. I put a post on this forum asking the best material for the flagpole (e.g. electrical conduit or the like) but didn't get one response. From what I remember, the focus of that thread did the usual thing where people just try to get the upper hand with their own opinion about what is good tifo and what is bad tifo.

The sad thing is that its far more likely that this post will attract negative comments than it will create any positive action. Indeed this thread is trying to do something positive yet it has a negative title and its already turning totally negative with whining about deleted accounts. So f**king what about deleted accounts. The Mariners just need to go to games, make noise (hopefully coordinated), have fun, show a lot of yellow and hopefully help our team win. The main function of this forum should be to help that cause and it should help people interested in the Mariners to find out more about the team and the club. It should be a way in which people who want to help out can get some constructive help; not demotivation. Our greatest resource is people who are keen to help; it should be fostered not discouraged.

Of course there should be some parts of the forum that allow banter, but that banter just overrides everything on here.

Okay, that might have been 5 cents worth.

I get what your saying here Bex.

I'm sorry but I don't remember the instance where you asked about "electrical conduit or the like", If I'd seen it I would of suggested electrical conduit, go to Bunnings and pick up a 6m piece of 22mm i think for about $12. You will have to cut it when your there.

Anyways, I think this might relate to what keensy said about the PM aspect of things. I know it's a forum and you should be able to ask the masses the questions you need answered without being shot down or ignorned.

Mods, in time can we please start a "FAQ on banners etc" thread in the Marinators sections for this kind of thing. I will try and get together a set of basic questions with answers.

mariners4ever

Jimmy said:
mariners4ever said:
Part_Timer said:
mariners4ever said:

fair enough, good response

Ursus

This forum is the public face of the Mariners supporters. Over the last 12 months it has become a forum for knocking and whinging (See McKinna out).
Frankly the whole thing has become so negative and depressing I do not bother anymore and have even let my Marinator's membership lapse. You even get our so called supporters knocking the team on other forums (Syd unofficial).
The voices of reason are now in the minority.
It is sad because for the first few years this forum was fun and was positive, even when being critical.

Frankly now it is just not worth the angst.

I go to the games and support the team, I scan the forum for news but that is now the limit.

Part_Timer

Ursus said:
This forum is the public face of the Mariners supporters. Over the last 12 months it has become a forum for knocking and whinging (See McKinna out).
Frankly the whole thing has become so negative and depressing I do not bother anymore and have even let my Marinator's membership lapse. You even get our so called supporters knocking the team on other forums (Syd unofficial).
The voices of reason are now in the minority.
It is sad because for the first few years this forum was fun and was positive, even when being critical.

Frankly now it is just not worth the angst.

I go to the games and support the team, I scan the forum for news but that is now the limit.

part timer imo ;)

Wombat

Sounds like a bit of a girl to me.

When we play well we praise..when we play shit we call it.

Its called being honest son..try it.  Some of us have let our eyes and brains tell us what to think. We can see whats good and what ain't.

Last game was a vast improvement and everyone could see that....hopefully its the start of another purple patch.

MattSimon

$900 from Kevin R means that all the sooks can fark up and:
- buy a membership
- make their banner idea
- buy a mariners shirt
- put my name and the number 19 on the bizzackkkk

marinersman

For mine. this debate is long overdue. I fully support the mods having control over what posts get deleted, what warnings are issued, etc

There's half a dozen posters on here that offer nothing except put shit on people who offer their opinions and they get cut down and ridiculed. Great way to encourage new posters and those that read and haven't posted because they are nervous to do so for fear of replies.

A good forum about any topic anywhere in the world is where people can freely express their opinions and others whilst maybe not agreeing have respect for those views. It's what we call a civilised society in western culture.

I hope we see the day when we have a vibrant, diverse forum where everybody can express views without fear or favour. A forum where we have a couple of thousand regular contributers each with their own opinion, negative or postive, good and bad, that are respected by all. When that happens we will all be better for it and we can all learn something from each other. After all, we all have one thing in common and that is our love of the Mariners. All that should transcend everything else.

We may not know each other personally but we've all got one love in common and it's blue and yellow.

loyalist

Wombat said:
When we play well we praise..when we play shit we call it.

Its called being honest son..try it.  Some of us have let our eyes and brains tell us what to think. We can see whats good and what ain't.

Last game was a vast improvement and everyone could see that....hopefully its the start of another purple patch.
Agree with this
Why sugarcoat it when we play sh1t

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred