• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The epic shitness of the forum

adz

Staff member
poko said:
Is it THAT hard not to click on the threads that you have no intrerest in reading? Really?

No offence but this coming from someone who wanted the religious talk banned?

dibo

poko said:
dibo said:
but it's not like the threadstarter does much other than take the piss and hijack things around here, so receiving a bit of his own shouldn't faze him too much.

TBF, I don't care what fazes the threadstarter or not. But if your so agaisnt him doing it, why follow his example and do the same?

Fair cop, but the absolute deluge of horseshit on here of late has tested my patience. He's been in pisstake heaven, so sod him.

He got up people in recent days about their spelling, so frankly taking a potshot at his own poor spelling seemed only fair.

poko said:
Is it THAT hard not to click on the threads that you have no intrerest in reading? Really?

This is the advice the trolls should be heeding. Unfortunately, they don't, so the bullshit is everywhere. The place is chockers with 'kutgw' and other gibberish.

loyalist

My comment you linked to has nothing to do with spelling.
It is saying I don't speak that language (celtic/welsh whatever it is)

J

jiggles

My advice?

Step 1. Pull down pants.
Step 2. Remove stick from rectum

This is why harmless hilarious banter is GOOD for this forum. Need to just...chillax plz.

adz

Staff member
poko said:
This is why harmless hilarious banter is GOOD for this forum.

True but we seem to be in short supply of harmless hilarious banter and overstocked with meaningless drivel.

If anyone has any comments or suggestions they would like to make anonymously, you can msg me here

kevrenor

loyalist said:
am on the forum and facebook atm fwiw

So am I, and most people know the difference

Basically those with time on their hands come on and post, those without don't ..

Jesus

Jesus
When will i be able to go to "thread title" and click "like" so it says Jesus likes this.

Until that day this forum is overachieving

marinermick

I view this forum as a microcosm of our community. You have some intellects that bleat on about stuff that eventual does your head in, some intelligence that put alot of thought into their posts, some leaders that people blindly follow without any original thoughts to themselves and constantly kiss arse with their KUTGW comments, some people who constantly fly off the handle like the latest incident is the worst thing that has ever happened to them or their team, some total naivity, some people who come on and stir because they have no lives and are so insecure in themselves that they get off on other's misfortunes, some people who are totally clueless and make comments based on either limited knowledge or a limited gene pool, and those who have genuine love for their team and community.

You take the good with the bad and just go on and ignore the crap because the good totally makes up for it.

adz

Staff member
... does that mean we need a thread for "The epic shitness of our community"? :p

J

jiggles

marinermick said:
I view this forum as a microcosm of our community. You have some intellects that bleat on about stuff that eventual does your head in, some intelligence that put alot of thought into their posts, some leaders that people blindly follow without any original thoughts to themselves and constantly kiss arse with their KUTGW comments, some people who constantly fly off the handle like the latest incident is the worst thing that has ever happened to them or their team, some total naivity, some people who come on and stir because they have no lives and are so insecure in themselves that they get off on other's misfortunes, some people who are totally clueless and make comments based on either limited knowledge or a limited gene pool, and those who have genuine love for their team and community.

You take the good with the bad and just go on and ignore the crap because the good totally makes up for it.

+1

Jimmy

marinermick said:

So the ratio of shit to good is 2:1.
I'd agree with that.

marinermick

Jimmy said:
marinermick said:

So the ratio of shit to good is 2:1.
I'd agree with that.

the ratio is just dependent on your own tolerance

adz

Staff member
Okay so a few people are saying "ignore it". Fair enough I guess, but IMO it goes a bit further than that. If you are reading this, then you most likely either;

1. Are new to the site, have not read through much yet, just seeing what this is about
2. Have built up a tolerance for the bullshit that is constantly spewed
or
3. Are one of the shit providers, wondering what the fuss is about

It's not just about us ignoring what we don't want to read, but about those people who have seen the drivel on here, don't like it and then spread the word about how shit the site is. It's about the people that can't/won't post because as soon as they do it will either be blasted, or their thread hijacked, or both.

How many people have deleted their accounts or refuse to sign up because of this little epidemic?

Some people work hard trying to make this site a quality resource for Mariners fans and then a select few just want to smash it up for their own amusement.

Feedback coming from both on and off the site suggest that people are getting sick of the shitness, and the only ones saying "get over it, it's fiiiiiine" are the ones directly involved in bringing the quality down. I've never heard so many comments pre/during/post game about how shit people think this site has become as I have last season.

This site/community is very cliquey, it's not at all open or welcoming for newbies, and maybe that's a reflection of the Marinators in general...

What can be done to change it?

Does it need to be changed, or do we like being a small, exclusive group?

Atomic

I agree with your observations Adz, especially...
adz said:
Some people work hard trying to make this site a quality resource for Mariners fans and then a select few just want to smash it up for their own amusement.

I enjoy reading the posts of some of my colleagues. Their experiences and knowledge of football is far in excess of my own and I do find this to be a valuable resource.

On the other hand, there have been several occasions where I have started to type something but have not finished it because I'd just be providing fodder for those who seek to destroy for their own amusement... certainly not the amusement of the masses. And yes, it is only 4, maybe 5, people that are responsible. there's no point publicly naming them because they'd probably see that as acknowledgement of their deeds and get enjoyment from the recognition... hence fueling the cycle of drivel.

I believe this behaviour is preventing people from posting, preventing people from making suggestions re tifos, songs and chants and turning forum members away.

What can be done? I can ignore it but that IMO is counter productive. I would prefer that the mods delete the crap and put up with the cries of censorship from the minority that it would actually be effecting. The silent majority would be grateful.

Paolo

Atomic said:
I believe this behaviour is preventing people from posting, preventing people from making suggestions re tifos, songs and chants and turning forum members away.
is it that difficult for said people to pm certain people with their suggestions? (eg tifo to jimmy as he organises tifos)

Also if they ideas in regards to banners etc, maybe they should just get off their ass and make them rather then continually suggesting banners for others to make.

mariners4ever

Paolo said:
Atomic said:
is it that difficult for said people to pm certain people with their suggestions? (eg tifo to jimmy as he organises tifos)

Also if they ideas in regards to banners etc, maybe they should just get off their ass and make them rather then continually suggesting banners for others to make.

jimmy isnt on the committee anymore so he doesnt organise it

Redline

I don't post on here to much because there is so much netspeak, and childish arguments. I'm all for general banter and humour, I just think there are to many people takjing the piss.

And this place is so cliquey it's not funny, and I can understand why people don't want to join on.

MarinerMick...check your PM inbox.

J

jiggles

mariners4ever said:
jimmy isnt on the committee anymore so he doesnt organise it

Can you please let us know who has taken his place...we're not mind readers.

I admit, there are cliques etc...but there are in real life too...?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred