• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The epic shitness of the forum

Paolo

Just as some of the piss takers may keep some people away, too much serious talk keeps young people away..which are key age demographic which could improve and expand the support. Works both ways

Redline

loyalist said:
Redline said:
I don't post on here to much because there is so much netspeak,
and you are surprised by that considering this forum is on the 'net'

Yeah, netspeak is only just above leetspeak in intelligence.

In my opinion, anyway.

Atomic

Paolo said:
Atomic said:
I believe this behaviour is preventing people from posting, preventing people from making suggestions re tifos, songs and chants and turning forum members away.
is it that difficult for said people to pm certain people with their suggestions? (eg tifo to jimmy as he organises tifos)

Also if they ideas in regards to banners etc, maybe they should just get off their ass and make them rather then continually suggesting banners for others to make.

Sending pm's defeats the purpose of having a forum, does it not? Besides which, ideas can be improved upon or new ideas formed when discussed in public. It also has the advantage of preventing bad ideas from getting off the ground. So, to answer you first question, it is not difficult to pm certain people with suggestions, it is just not the most effective use of this medium.

I agree with your second point, people should ideally make their own banners but there is nothing wrong with getting feedback prior to making it, which is using this forum the way it was intended to be used. However (and this is getting slightly off topic) for those that aren't in a position to make a banner, be it too busy, too poor (some folks can't afford GA dont forget) or living overseas, there needs to be the opportunity to contribute to the creative side of the support.

Paolo

But in regards to ideas about tifo and visual support, ideas and planning SHOULD be somewhat secretive in order for it to have thye full effect on the day..eg nye media release was embarrassing.

Atomic

Agreed.

In regards to this thread, contructive discussions such as this should be moved to the appropriate thread. This thread is about deconstructive discussions and what to do about them (if anything)

Alicia

poko said:
mariners4ever said:
jimmy isnt on the committee anymore so he doesnt organise it

Can you please let us know who has taken his place...we're not mind readers.

I admit, there are cliques etc...but there are in real life too...?

http://marinators.net/forum/index.php?topic=3024.0

some positions are vacant, including club captain

mariners4ever

Part_Timer said:
mariners4ever said:
jimmy isnt on the committee anymore so he doesnt organise it

because you HAVE to be on the committee. to make ur own tifos, banners ect..

no, but i'm just saying that because keensy stated that someone should suggest to jimmy as  he thought he ORGANISES the tifos every week, where he doesnt

Bex

adz said:
Okay so a few people are saying "ignore it". Fair enough I guess, but IMO it goes a bit further than that. If you are reading this, then you most likely either;

1. Are new to the site, have not read through much yet, just seeing what this is about
2. Have built up a tolerance for the bullshit that is constantly spewed
or
3. Are one of the shit providers, wondering what the fuss is about

It's not just about us ignoring what we don't want to read, but about those people who have seen the drivel on here, don't like it and then spread the word about how shit the site is. It's about the people that can't/won't post because as soon as they do it will either be blasted, or their thread hijacked, or both.

How many people have deleted their accounts or refuse to sign up because of this little epidemic?

Some people work hard trying to make this site a quality resource for Mariners fans and then a select few just want to smash it up for their own amusement.

Feedback coming from both on and off the site suggest that people are getting sick of the shitness, and the only ones saying "get over it, it's fiiiiiine" are the ones directly involved in bringing the quality down. I've never heard so many comments pre/during/post game about how shit people think this site has become as I have last season.

This site/community is very cliquey, it's not at all open or welcoming for newbies, and maybe that's a reflection of the Marinators in general...

What can be done to change it?

Does it need to be changed, or do we like being a small, exclusive, (incestuous?) group?

In my opinion, the site should be for the majority, not a small exclusive group. The moderators are in charge. Just do whats necessary to improve the quality of the site. How you achieve that is the big question and you can only act in the best way you know how. I don't think a forum can be run by concensus or democratic vote; you've got to dictate the quality. Some people won't like that but as long as its for the greater good then I'm all for it.

dibo

for the greater good.

four of the most dangerous words in human history...

as it happens, i agree with the sentiment, and someone's use (or non-use) of an internet forum is not a life or death matter.

clarence

Ummm. If the forum is absolute shit to everyone, why keep it going?

I mean, we could all easily just get by with a Marinators Message Board that only posts up notices about upcoming events and no threads or comments allowed. Or just use the website if that is still going.

What does it cost to keep this forum going? I'm just curious if the cost is worth the effort and the feedback that happens here - which is quite negative and/or smartarse at times.

J

jiggles

Dudes, it still gets the word out. Good stuff does actually come from here...it's not all pissing and whinging.

kevrenor

182 posts a day can't all be crap from wankers ...well can it?

I note that Adz has been doing some data cleansing over recent months, so much so that our number of users is now at a figure of 750 or so ... fair enough too if those people (400-500) culled since version 2 started aren't active - but it would be good if we knew why so many registered but didn't participate.

I also note that the most recent cull has increased male to female ratio from 3:1 to 4:1 - again why? Is it becoming too blokey, something that we have avoided compared to other cubs fans, or are women less talkative? Nah, can't be that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred