• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

"The Dock"

B

bakery5

adz said:
scc invented the universe so they did everything first

remember sydney fc are the biggest and the best according to their forum, aka the bible

Jeff (LouMacari)

it seems to be Mick yes. and they even state that that is what it should be, like 'the shed' 'the den' 'the cove' etc...

Where were they at the begining when the name Marinators evolved?

oh yeah....primary school. "my bad" ;)

tyson

This is stupid. I was first a part of this attempt to improve our back area and make it larger and attract more people...

Now its just for guys who think they are above the current support to say how much they hate it and swear and drink excessive amounts of beer. Looking at the comments, they don't seem to care about the game.

I still think calling our whole back area 'The Dock' is a cool idea for the future though. A lot of people who I know that follow the Mariners in their own way like the name.

Jeff (LouMacari)

thats the problem that you face Tyson, it's to be commended that some will want to get all their mates together and ad more colour and atmosphere to the bay. But there will always be that 'dickhead' element. Our concern (Marinators club) is keeping an eye on the 'big picture' and unfortunately that sometimes means a little short term pain of losing the odd good bloke here and there.

Problem is, if some 'group' wearing yellow and singing 'c**t' & 'f**k' songs all pissed up gets in trouble or causes trouble, guess who the community thinks the group are? Marinators!

Just as the Mariners have done off the field, planning for the future will give us all longevity long after the current marinators and marinators club committee are dead and buried.

kevrenor

Well wherever they go in the stadium they will be next to Marinators - we do not only stand in Bay 16 - they'll have to fit in with us and more importantly the broad range of fans.

I'd suggest Bay 1 ... needs some colour and noise down there

FFC Mariner

We had them in front of us in 15 a few games ago - average age about 15, mostly not wearing colours, unless the song had c or f in it they didnt sing it.

and bay 17 would eat them

tyson

Jeff (LouMacari) said:
thats the problem that you face Tyson, it's to be commended that some will want to get all their mates together and ad more colour and atmosphere to the bay. But there will always be that 'dickhead' element. Our concern (Marinators club) is keeping an eye on the 'big picture' and unfortunately that sometimes means a little short term pain of losing the odd good bloke here and there.

Problem is, if some 'group' wearing yellow and singing 'c**t' & 'f**k' songs all pissed up gets in trouble or causes trouble, guess who the community thinks the group are? Marinators!

Just as the Mariners have done off the field, planning for the future will give us all longevity long after the current marinators and marinators club committee are dead and buried.

yeh i think ill be staying in 16 where the attitude is right for the time being.

sorjesk

sounds exactly like the scc (young kids trying to be ultras) only main diffo being that bluetounge has a much frindlier atmosphere among the home fans that the sfs does (and thats coming from a sydney fan) - probably why there are always more kids and familys at mariners games....

plus i bet they will wear colours - all balck and all have shite haircuts....... emo supporter group alert

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Just reading the 'about me' bit, the whole thing reaks of immaturity and - dare i say  it - boganism?

If we needed a name change to reflect an expansion beyond Bay 16, I'd rather go for 'The Bay'.  It reflects the location and shape of the stadium, and also carries memories of 'Bay 16' 

Though I think it's a non-issue at this point, I don't really think we're large enough and I don't think the name is what's preventing that. 

If this guy thinks it's appropriate to have a song calling an opposing coach a Paedophile (not that he can even spell it) then I cannot support this venture in any way, not if anybody who's going to try and lead it is going to be that immature and irresponsible.

Do we stil have the skull and bones?
i have been working an idea for a supporter area called 'The Pirate Bay" or something similar

skull and bones would work well there :)

~Floss~

Jeff (LouMacari) said:

Agree 100%.

Haven't seen or heard much good or bad from them yet, so I wait in anticipation to learn more.

They must be aware that the general attitude around BT is very different to anywhere else (family-friendly and all that) and it wouldn't take much of a slip-up to create a VERY bad impression with the majority.

As for whether that would make them outcasts or destroy hard work done by the Marinators... ??? Well, if we never have to find out the answer to that then good luck to 'em... the more the merrier

fish

tyson said:
Jeff (LouMacari) said:

yeh i think ill be staying in 16 where the attitude is right for the time being.

attitude? wtf , mate you make the most of what we have in 16 good and indiffrent, the Dock FFS !!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred