• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

"The Dock"

bjw

bjw
On the way back from Newcastle last week some mariners fans got together and started a new Supporter bay called "The Dock".. They were there against sydney and were sitting in the bay next to us (to the right)..
I dont know why they would bother starting a new Bay when Bay 16 isnt even fully standing and chanting yet

B

bakery5

brennan said:
On the way back from Newcastle last week some mariners fans got together and started a new Supporter bay called "The Dock".. They were there against sydney and were sitting in the bay next to us (to the right)..
I dont know why they would bother starting a new Bay when Bay 16 isnt even fully standing and chanting yet

mariners at the dock, i say mariners at the dock.

Jeff (LouMacari)

As long as they are wearing yellow, chanting for the Mariners with the rest of the bay, it's all good. The trick is to get everyone chanting the same chant at the same time and if another group are chanting one song and another group are chanting another one it could get very disjointed I guess. We know how hard it is just to get bay 16 in unisen!

priorpeter

brennan said:

brenno, mate i half heartedly agree with you. on one hand, its fantastic that we have another passionate group of supporters who want to get behind the team, good stuff. however on the other hand, the marinators - bay 16 - will always be the original - and the best. maybe the dock can come sit in bay 16, cause there's no point if theyre gonna be chanting different things to us in the bay, as jeff said it would be disjointed and sound disorganised. the more people in bay 16 who are willing to sing, the better, i say!

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
When I was at the MVV game recently....there was two distinct sections of MVV fans chanting...except they were feeding off each other ie: one would chant something,  for instance JANGA ( which is what they call themselves) and the other other group would respond in kind....dunno maybe we  can get the  dockies to get that happening...who knows

tyson

i was on this carriage and the thread starter has got it all wrong.
i think a few people on the carriage were a little unclear of the intentions of this.

the idea is to simply expand the mariners support group to 2 bays instead of one, and to eventually become 'the dock'... much like the cove and the shed etc and still using the mariners supporters name as Marinators, just those back bays being the dock. according to some guy, jamie mcmaster and some other players in the team thought of this and said it to some guy... i dunno.

the only reason bay 16 isnt full is because no one wants to go at the bottom because you cant see as well. im always getting squashed to 2 people per seat at the top of bay 16. dont know which games you have been to brennan. we cant exclude people who decide to go there but not chant because that would go against everything we stated in the beginning... the idea was to accept anyone who is there to support the mariners.

the way i see it... is its a good way to expand our area and to hopefully convert some non chanters into chanters, and to perhaps appeal to some people who are turned off by the marinators something currently in bay 16... certain people, the marinators club, i dunno.

who saw the sydney fans when they got into bluetongue? they immediately went across 3 bays and spread out, and it looked like they had twice as many people as they did.

Aimeee

Yeah the view from the bottom of bay 16 isnt all that ace. prehaps  expanding horizontally and cover the backs of 15 and/or 17?

Jeff (LouMacari)

Definately need to get away from making '16' the focus of 'all things marinators' (even if it's only a perception that 16 is all things marinators) which is why I always refer to that entire end as 'the bay' 
I don't care whether 'the bay' fills up with 'the dock' , the marina, the jetty, the tidal pool or the bloody 'waters edge', as long as it fills up with lots of yellow, lots of passion and lots of noise!

tyson

yeh thats pretty much it jeff. i think the dock sounds cool. a lot of people have agreed when ive mentioned it to them. but the name is really irrelevant at the moment... at least until we start to get good numbers in 2 bays.

Blackadder

LM, it is like pissing on a bushfire trying to get people wearing yellow.
Best that can be done is that the converted that do wear yellow fill the back half of All bays at the home end, and hope the assorted emo's,pre teens etc get the message instead of trying to pick up.

FFC Mariner

Back few rows of 15 are starting to fill reasonably, maybe that is a logical place to expand across the back.

nomes

gees this forum has stepped up a few knotches since the last time i was on here.
how is everyone?

nomes

thanks!
just a question.
i aint no ones boot cleaner, why am i a boot cleaner when i have been regiestered on this site since 05'!
that sucks.

Deej

nomes said:
thanks!
just a question.
i aint no ones boot cleaner, why am i a boot cleaner when i have been regiestered on this site since 05'!
that sucks.

stop moaning nomes! ;) you would clean Spennys boots!

nomes

i am no ones boot cleaner.
not even spenny's.
gees i have moved on from him.
he's scum now.
how come my old account didn't carry over to this one?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred