• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The COVID Chat

true believer

So essentially AZ contains actual covid-19 fragments and Pfizer has synthetically produced material. The 2 vaccines produce similar but not identical responses from the body. A lot more to it than just branding.
they both do the same job . giving your body a blue print of the virus .

Corsair

5 billion doses over 18 months is more widely used than most other medications/vaccines on this planet.
I agree but that doesn't tell you what happens 3/5/10 years after you've had it for example. Anyway it's done now so we'll see.

I thought it was interesting that my friends in the UK didn't want Pfizer they wanted AZ. Whether that's because of the different tech, the fact AZ was developed in Oxford or whatever else, it shows how media reporting or poor messaging can slant things.

marinermick

I agree but that doesn't tell you what happens 3/5/10 years after you've had it for example. Anyway it's done now so we'll see.

I thought it was interesting that my friends in the UK didn't want Pfizer they wanted AZ. Whether that's because of the different tech, the fact AZ was developed in Oxford or whatever else, it shows how media reporting or poor messaging can slant things.

So you’re saying that we shouldn’t distribute this vaccine because we don’t know for one hundred percent certainty what the effects will be in ten years time?

true believer

in 3 / 5 /10 years the people that didn't get a flu shoot will still be dead .
the survivors of covid. will have long term effects from catching the disease and shortened life spans

FFC Mariner

Get jabbed go to football, work,movies,overseas - thank you. Plus the added bonus of not choking out my life on a respirator in agony.

Where do I sign? The 2GB/Fox news/Facebook science community are more than welcome to exercise their choice to not get vaxxed, I really dont give a shit. Parachutes arent 100% effective but if I jump out of a plane I want one

Wait until health insurers start to remove coverage for deliberately exposing yourself to risk too

Coastalraider

The odds of ‘anything’ at all happening in 3/5/10 years is slim, the whole point of a vaccine is to create a short term response in the body’s system to ward of a disease. So issues are almost exclusively reduced to the short term. The effects and stimulation deplete over time, hence the requirements of vaccine boosters

marinermick

The odds of ‘anything’ at all happening in 3/5/10 years is slim, the whole point of a vaccine is to create a short term response in the body’s system to ward of a disease. So issues are almost exclusively reduced to the short term. The effects and stimulation deplete over time, hence the requirements of vaccine boosters

This is exactly right. The body’s immune system is designed to work quick. Vaccines are designed to provide an immediate response. This is why we see any side effects in the first few months and the likelihood of long term safety signals is extremely rare. It’s not as if we are continually dosing giving a cumulative effect over time.

midfielder

I assume, airlines, interstate buses, and interstate trains, will all in time have a no jab no travel policy.

This will be interesting when it comes to professional sports people, travelling professionals in other lines of work... if they wish take part they need to get jabbed ...

Wonders aloud how many will stand on their principal and leave and take another local job... or to maintain their income take the jab..

Corsair

Then, I am not getting what you are trying to say in this conversation?
What i said was we don't know long term effects, i didn't say in my opinion that means we shouldn't roll it out, we should and I'm already double vax.

Winding back, we're taking about some people's hesitancy to get vax, this is one of their reasons.

Certain types of personality do need to feel 100% about something before they'll do it. Fear of making a mistake and/or distrust of authority can paralyse some people into indecision.

Tweaking levers like being allowed to do this or that if u r vax will get a percentage of them over the line. It'll never be 100% unless you're a dictatorship.

FFC Mariner

Getting my first jab today. Protects me, protects the community and means shit opens up quicker.

Pretty simple stuff. Also get a half day off work so also that.

Also looking forward to the added reception. I've just noticed 5G on my phone which is new so it's working already.
Dont forget all those Microsoft products Bill tells you to buy :)

Well done Josh.

Insertnamehere

What i said was we don't know long term effects, i didn't say in my opinion that means we shouldn't roll it out, we should and I'm already double vax.

Winding back, we're taking about some people's hesitancy to get vax, this is one of their reasons.

Certain types of personality do need to feel 100% about something before they'll do it. Fear of making a mistake and/or distrust of authority can paralyse some people into indecision.

Tweaking levers like being allowed to do this or that if u r vax will get a percentage of them over the line. It'll never be 100% unless you're a dictatorship.
We kinda do. They were testing an mRNA for the first SARS/MERS which is over 10 years ago. But you can keep ignoring what people have been repeatedly telling you if you want.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred