• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Tards Round 1 Match Thread

Atomic

midfielder said:
But the early signs are excellent, and McKinna looks to have acquired three good signings; an experienced central defender and two hunger midfield buzzers (Nicky Travis came on for McGlinchey and clipped one delightful ball in behind).

Well it's about bloody time someone in the media recognized this fact. All I've heard so far is either silence or just drivel about signings from the lower leagues in the UK.

Jazzie

Sheer joy at beating the scum :)
fedelt said:
Jazzie said:
I must sound like a dill, but what paper does Foster write for?

Article is in the Sun Herald.
Whining about how the season opener was rubbish due to us and melb's embarrassing long-ball tactics

Thanks. Never liked Fozzie as a player. Towards the end of his playing career he was bitter. Now he is bitter and twisted, probably because he never attained his football dream. I can actually see him frothing at the mouth while typing this rubbish ... eeeeeeewwwwww ... he needs help, and quickly.

~Floss~

...unless "analise" is the correct spelling for what FFC implied it to mean (i.e. to force something to become an anal version of itself)

Muppet

The problem with Foster is that he does not look at the league in the right light. Of course we are not the EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga etc and most probably never will be. I don't think that you can judge us  on that standard when you consider the gulf in money that is paid to the players, administrators and coaches.

If by some remarkable feat we had unlimited budgets to spend on the whole box and dice then I would agree with him. Face it you are never going to attract the sort of money needed to play to the standard of the big leagues. I say lower the expectations for a perfect game and enjoy it for what it is, that is a vibrant national league that is coming ahead in leaps and bounds. I reckon the next 5 years will really show whether we have matured as a comp and that the level comes up to the top flight that is comparable to Japan, Korea or hopefully better.

Jazzie

Muppet said:
The problem with Foster is that he does not look at the league in the right light. Of course we are not the EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga etc and most probably never will be. I don't think that you can judge us  on that standard when you consider the gulf in money that is paid to the players, administrators and coaches.

If by some remarkable feat we had unlimited budgets to spend on the whole box and dice then I would agree with him. Face it you are never going to attract the sort of money needed to play to the standard of the big leagues. I say lower the expectations for a perfect game and enjoy it for what it is, that is a vibrant national league that is coming ahead in leaps and bounds. I reckon the next 5 years will really show whether we have matured as a comp and that the level comes up to the top flight that is comparable to Japan, Korea or hopefully better.

+1, in short, he's not on the same planet as us mere motals.

Jazzie

~Floss~ said:
...unless "analise" is the correct spelling for what FFC implied it to mean (i.e. to force something to become an anal version of itself)

lol, that fits in very well with Fozzie image

greenlig

Seems like Simon Hill tore a few strips off Foster & co. in a Fox Sports article...not a bad read. Nothing much about the Mariners, but interesting stuff.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25905943-5019052,00.html

"What style debate?

I dont know about you, but Im getting rather weary of being told which type of football I should prefer. I enjoy watching lots of different teams and players. Everyone loves Barcelona, including me, and I adore the skills of Leo Messi - but why should it be a guilty pleasure to appreciate endeavour, organisation, or a well-executed game plan - let alone the fast-fading art of tackling?

Im sick to the back teeth of hearing that a certain style of play is incorrect, or is driving fans away. Like a petulant child disdainfully fingering at his dinner, picking out the bits he doesnt like, these football fashion bores believe there is a massive debate going on about style.

There isnt - only a lecture from one dogmatic corner, which brooks no counter perspective, and feels the need to impose their views - relentlessly - on everybody else.

They seem to have forgotten what its like to be a fan of a club, and what committed fans appreciate most in Australia

Winning. "

Greenlig

tuftman

greenlig said:
Seems like Simon Hill tore a few strips off Foster & co. in a Fox Sports article...not a bad read. Nothing much about the Mariners, but interesting stuff.

"What style debate?

I dont know about you, but Im getting rather weary of being told which type of football I should prefer. I enjoy watching lots of different teams and players. Everyone loves Barcelona, including me, and I adore the skills of Leo Messi - but why should it be a guilty pleasure to appreciate endeavour, organisation, or a well-executed game plan - let alone the fast-fading art of tackling?

Im sick to the back teeth of hearing that a certain style of play is incorrect, or is driving fans away. Like a petulant child disdainfully fingering at his dinner, picking out the bits he doesnt like, these football fashion bores believe there is a massive debate going on about style.

There isnt - only a lecture from one dogmatic corner, which brooks no counter perspective, and feels the need to impose their views - relentlessly - on everybody else.

They seem to have forgotten what its like to be a fan of a club, and what committed fans appreciate most in Australia

Winning. "

Greenlig

Definently aimed at Foster and SBS, can't really think of who else it would be. Isn't Simon Hill supposedly going back to SBS just to do the 2010 World Cup though? Could make for an interesting reunion

midfielder

tuftman said:
greenlig said:

"What style debate?

Winning. "

Greenlig

Definently aimed at Foster and SBS, can't really think of who else it would be. Isn't Simon Hill supposedly going back to SBS just to do the 2010 World Cup though? Could make for an interesting reunion

I have admired Simon Hill for a long time and his Can You Smell the fear article was ground breaking and turned on its head many long time attacks by the traditional media... the only thing I think Simon left out was it is on purpose IMO .. it is not an accident...

Forum Phoenix

I cheered aloud when I read that today.

I agree with you Muppet, however what is also not recognised is that our junior growth and technical ability is exceptional. Football will not be the same in this country in a mere ten years time. Never the less, the idea that we will ever have a better league than the EPL is very unlikely in our lifetimes... but there's nothing to say we can't have "one of the best league on the planet, reknowned for its athleticism, spirit and new found technical skill. Once Australians take to something, we are rarely anything less than among the best countries.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred