• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Sydney FC Away 22nd Jan

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
i tweaked the lyrics of a Booze and Glory West Ham song as best I could ...but the sentiment works, WE GOT 3 POINTS AGAIN

Another happy day.
Can you see the palm trees waving in the sky.
We have, three points again
Another happy day.
We are Coasties till we die.

Did you hear that final whistle.
Did you hear that singing loud.
Did you see us jumping up and down,
Did you see us going wild.
It's the eye of sport another game.
And the game that made us proud,
The Coast ain't gonna sleep tonight.

We have, three points again.
Another happy day.
Can you see those palm trees waving in the sky
We have, three points again
Another happy day.
We are Coasties till we die.
We have three points again.
Another happy day.
Can you see the palm trees waving in the sky

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
wh
What a result and credit to the yellow fans that went down for this one.

Staj. Perfection. You made a monkey out of Corica. "Sir Alen" from now on.

Birraz 8.5 So cool, so brave. Distribution top notch as well. Clearly a better keeper than Redmayne.
Nigro 7.5. Very solid game.
Rowles 8. Impressive reading of the game. Top effort.
Tonyik 9.5. Created a goal and was everywhere. He was a Rock at the back. MOM.
Clisby 7.5. Really good game.
Bozanic 8.5 Could have had a couple of Goals. He was everywhere and is so composed on the ball. Always shows and always wants it.
Stens 7.5. Very good game overall. Tough as teak.
De Silva 8. What an incredible workrate. Brilliant fitness and put in 100%.
Nizzy 7.5 Also worked his socks off. I love this player.
Bouman 7.5 Much better in this game as he was more aggressive and probing. Superb ball in for the opener.
Simon 8.5. A very intelligent and underrated player. Kept his cool to after the booking.

Subs.

Kuol. Super impressive again.
Smylie. Very good shift. Made the 2nd goal with his tenacity.
Casella. Very bad give away but we know he is quality.
Hall. Looked assured. Great debut.

3pts Ruon
2pts Birraz
1pt Bozanic and Simon.

COYY
what Wombat said !

Pirate Pete

Still no coverage on the morning news or www.news.com.au , just a pay walled smh article. :soapbox:

Oh well Top of the league, and yet to lose away from home.

In the A-League, the mighty A-League we always win away
In the A-League the mighty A-League we always win away
We win away, win away, win away
We win away, win away , win away.
:overheadl::overheadl::overheadl:

Sloppy Sky Blues humbled by Mariners in shock 2-0 defeat​

Sydney FC’s lack of finishing prowess was brutally exposed by the Central Coast Mariners in their shock 2-0 victory over the A-League champions on Friday night.
An own goal from Ben Warland and a follow-up strike from substitute Alou Kuol at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium delivered the vastly improved Mariners their third win from four games - and their biggest scalp of the season so far.
The Mariners celebrate their opening goal against Sydney FC.

The Mariners celebrate their opening goal against Sydney FC. Credit:Getty
It was Central Coast’s first win over the Sky Blues in almost seven years, and one that will fill coach Alen Stajcic and his team of unheralded kids and unwanted cast-offs from rival teams with iron-clad confidence that they can mix it with the best in the competition.
“Sydney are the benchmark, no doubt,” Stajcic said.

“Just the old simple catch-cry, ‘you have to beat the best to be the best’ ... tonight was the yardstick for us to measure up against, a litmus test to see how far we actually have progressed. And I think we have progressed.
“The characteristics within the team that I’m looking for, in terms of the effort, intensity, the recovery runs and the all-out team spirit and mentality is 10 out of 10 at the moment. And with that, I can see a little bit of belief and confidence growing.”
An acrobatic attempt from Daniel Bouman.

An acrobatic attempt from Daniel Bouman.Credit:Getty
Backing up just three days after a 1-0 defeat to Western Sydney, the Mariners took the lead in the 53rd minute when Olyroo Daniel Bouman’s cross from the left triggered panic at the back for Sydney. Warland inadvertently turned the ball into his own net while trying to muzzle Mariners skipper Matt Simon - mere moments after the VAR denied the Sky Blues a goal through Trent Buhagiar.
Then 20 minutes later, the electric Kuol pounced on a loose ball in the penalty area to smash home his second senior goal - courtesy of a wicked deflection off Alex Wilkinson - and give the visitors what proved an unassailable lead.

Sydney coach Steve Corica immediately dragged Buhagiar and Kosta Barbarouses and threw on youngsters Jordan Swibel and Patrick Wood in search of a way back into the contest, but by then it was a lost cause. They looked devoid of fresh ideas in attack and the frustration was palpable in the stands at Kogarah.
“We should have won that game, simple as that,” Corica said. “We actually played well. We created enough chances, got into their box enough times, but you’ve got to give them credit - they took their chances, even though one was a deflection and one was an own goal. They scored at the right time. It’s probably just our final pass that let us down in the box.”
The ladder means little at this early stage of such a disjointed season but try telling that to long-suffering Mariners fans, whose team are back on top and boast the league’s best defensive record.
Stajcic has boldly set his sights on qualification for the AFC Champions League this season. At the very least, his team looks capable of challenging for a finals berth.
As for the Sky Blues, there’s a lot of football still to be played but alarm bells should be ringing.

They had the better of the first half but that means nothing if there’s no end product. Their struggles up front stem back to their fruitless AFC Champions League campaign late last year, but Corica said they would not tempt him into rushing back former golden boot Bobo, who is still two to three weeks away from being considered for selection.
The biggest culprit was again Barbarouses, who converted a penalty in last weekend’s Sydney derby but hasn’t scored a goal from open play since March - a lean spell that spans more than 19 hours of football.
The Kiwi international missed two early chances and then another on the half-hour mark, as he turned and shot from a good position after a Joel King cutback but failed to hit the target. He also strayed marginally offside in the build-up play for the Buhagiar goal that was chalked off upon video review.
“He’s working extremely hard for the team,” Corica said of Barbarouses.

“He’s doing his job defensively but of course he’s there to score goals, and that’s what we want him to do. The chances aren’t coming for him, or they’re not falling his way at the moment.
“He’s the kind of player who stands up and continues to get in the right situations to score goals and that’s what we want - to encourage him to get into goal-scoring situations and put the ball in the back of the net.”

Forum Phoenix

Just finished watching the replay now I'm home. If I am allowed to be a fan for a moment:
I can't wait to see the "team of the week" once again as they find a way to miss including Ruon, Kye, Gianni, Ollie and many more.
but we are used to it and doesn't phase us or our journey #wont back down.
Yeees. Yeeeeeesss. Embrace the forums’s dark yellow side Shaun. You will only grow more powerful. :cheers::fireup:

Ancient Mariner

"It was Central Coast’s first win over the Sky Blues in almost seven years, and one that will fill coach Alen Stajcic and his team of unheralded kids and unwanted cast-offs from rival teams with iron-clad confidence that they can mix it with the best in the competition."

I seem to remember a 2-0 result on 10/11/17.

The guy who wrote this must be looking for a job at the Telegraph.

finally retired

"It was Central Coast’s first win over the Sky Blues in almost seven years, and one that will fill coach Alen Stajcic and his team of unheralded kids and unwanted cast-offs from rival teams with iron-clad confidence that they can mix it with the best in the competition."

spot on Ancient.

1611364122257.png

true believer

Still no coverage on the morning news or www.news.com.au , just a pay walled smh article. :soapbox:

Oh well Top of the league, and yet to lose away from home.

In the A-League, the mighty A-League we always win away
In the A-League the mighty A-League we always win away
We win away, win away, win away
We win away, win away , win away.
:overheadl::overheadl::overheadl:
delete your cookies and you'll be able to read the www.smh.com.au site .

ballantyne

Fox 'tators reported one win in 7 years. This reporter may have just written that down wrong. It is January, so most reporting is by interns.

onto it

Just finished watching the replay now I'm home. If I am allowed to be a fan for a moment:
I can't wait to see the "team of the week" once again as they find a way to miss including Ruon, Kye, Gianni, Ollie and many more.
but we are used to it and doesn't phase us or our journey #wont back down.
I heard Stenz was awarded man of the match, by whoever does that. Sky commentators I guess. Slater seems to like him.

Josho Howe

Can someone with more knowledge than me elaborate on why Hall is so promising? Is he a pure CB?
The gooses who frequent Pluim for academy have always seen him as a standout. Barely ever had an average game, let alone a poor one. Is dominant at NPL2 level through his strength on the ball, in the air and positionally is always in the right spot. Big future. A very handy back up to have when we wanna shut down a game in the closing stages.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami