• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Sydney FC Away 22nd Jan

true believer

What a result and credit to the yellow fans that went down for this one.

Staj. Perfection. You made a monkey out of Corica. "Sir Alen" from now on.

Birraz 8.5 So cool, so brave. Distribution top notch as well. Clearly a better keeper than Redmayne.
Nigro 7.5. Very solid game.
Rowles 8. Impressive reading of the game. Top effort.
Tonyik 9.5. Created a goal and was everywhere. He was a Rock at the back. MOM.
Clisby 7.5. Really good game.
Bozanic 8.5 Could have had a couple of Goals. He was everywhere and is so composed on the ball. Always shows and always wants it.
Stens 7.5. Very good game overall. Tough as teak.
De Silva 8. What an incredible workrate. Brilliant fitness and put in 100%.
Nizzy 7.5 Also worked his socks off. I love this player.
Bouman 7.5 Much better in this game as he was more aggressive and probing. Superb ball in for the opener.
Simon 8.5. A very intelligent and underrated player. Kept his cool to after the booking.

Subs.

Kuol. Super impressive again.
Smylie. Very good shift. Made the 2nd goal with his tenacity.
Casella. Very bad give away but we know he is quality.
Hall. Looked assured. Great debut.

3pts Ruon
2pts Birraz
1pt Bozanic and Simon.

COYY
can't see how stens is a 7.5 . change that to an 8 to 8.5 . tonyik is a 9.5 but made a few mistakes as well.
simon an 8.5 and bouman 7.5 . umm no . bouman is creative .simon if he leads with a elbow again will get a red .

Ozhammer

What a fantastic, professional and disciplined performance the boys put in again this evening, well worth travelling down to Kogarah for, just like the Methcarthur game!

Another win, another clean sheet and another team effort, all without our visa players, absolutely brilliant. Makes me even more disappointed that we couldn’t get at least a point from the drive-bys on Tuesday but so happy to see the boys back on top of the league.

COYY!! :overheadl:

Forum Phoenix

Worked late. Just finished watching it. How good was that. Basically all been said. so not too much to add.

I can’t believe Hall actually managed to impress in only 4.5 minutes of play. Two important blocks and a clean fast tackle.

My god Corica was dirty at the end. A twenty word sentence comprised 95% of three words, f**k, f**king, and Mariners, I was cackling.

We’re a great defensive team. Just need a little more in attack. Which is what you’d think we’d get with the visa players we have coming.

Very happy with all our players. But of course Ruon MOM and Olly, such a fantastic lead from the front display. Sets the tone and totally shatters the Mariners previous inferiority complex. Putting Ninko on his ass was just gold. Takes a backward step from nobody, and backs it up with class play,

Staj, 11 out of 10 tonight,

greenlig

Putting Ninko on his ass was just gold.
I forgot about that!! Was great to see. I think Bouman(?) had just been hacked with no foul? Ollie went straight into the next tackle and smacked ninko right up. Absolutely wild that he didn’t get a card. We’re playing tough football and haven’t been slaughtered by the refs yet...who’s firstborn did this cost??

true believer

Just finished watching the replay now I'm home. If I am allowed to be a fan for a moment:
I can't wait to see the "team of the week" once again as they find a way to miss including Ruon, Kye, Gianni, Ollie and many more.
but we are used to it and doesn't phase us or our journey #wont back down.
Yeah i bet your right.
Ruon was a master class .looked like he
Was running that lads at the back to .
With mr kuol the leagues top scorer now to . West gossie will be rock'n

Last edited:

turbo

Just finished watching the replay now I'm home. If I am allowed to be a fan for a moment:
I can't wait to see the "team of the week" once again as they find a way to miss including Ruon, Kye, Gianni, Ollie and many more.
but we are used to it and doesn't phase us or our journey #wont back down.
The only way I could justify it is if they’re using Opta stats and we’re shining as a unit not having one or two people carrying the team. But yeah there’s been a few inclusions where I wonder how we’ve been omitted.

shipwreck

We need to appreciate the mental strength and belief that is clearly in the squad now.

Shaking off a shitty loss 3 days later and beating the champions away, that's going to enforce that belief so much.

We have already won nearly as many games as the entirety of last year... And it's week 4.

Get some!

Huddo

If the omission of the foreigners doesn't get em hungry, dunno what will.
Ps I dunno what there plans are with clisby he was the only weakness last night, hopefully move rowles across and drop hall in.

Wombat

By the way, although hall was on for only 10 minute, he was next level in defence, havent seen that kind of potential s

can't see how stens is a 7.5 . change that to an 8 to 8.5 . tonyik is a 9.5 but made a few mistakes as well.
simon an 8.5 and bouman 7.5 . umm no . bouman is creative .simon if he leads with a elbow again will get a red .

Stens had a huge game but he gave the ball away in an under 10's moment and also ball watched in a dangerous position in the first half. 7.5 is a good score TB.
Simon was hugely effective at both ends of the park and ran like he was 25yo.

Huddo

Can someone with more knowledge than me elaborate on why Hall is so promising? Is he a pure CB?

I didn't see it till last night, but i see it now, he is able to read the play and what other defenders are doing, he's got speed, and he closes down really fast, he effectively moves the ball out, Basically his the whole package, and at 21 that doesn't happen often . Bloke will be something special, hope they lock him in so we get something for him.

Ironbark

Stens had a huge game but he gave the ball away in an under 10's moment and also ball watched in a dangerous position in the first half. 7.5 is a good score TB.
Simon was hugely effective at both ends of the park and ran like he was 25yo.
Simon had a cracker of a game! Very smart play, skilled and worked extremely hard box too box. Worth paying attention to if watching a replay

finally retired

Simon had a cracker of a game! Very smart play, skilled and worked extremely hard box too box. Worth paying attention to if watching a replay
I am the first to admit I'm not a Simon fan, but he DID have a good game last night. I've never doubted his passion, but his "bite yer legs" attitude in the game with niggles, elbows and poor (and sometimes dangerous) tackles has always rankled me. But last night he was disciplined and covered both attack and defence really well. He did a lot of running on and off the ball and will be a very effective weapon off the bench this season once the foreigners come in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami