• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Summer Futsal Competition 09/10 Season

J

jiggles

I hope that girl is ok :( She's usually a real tough cookie and she looked like she was in epic pain so it must have been bad :( Hopefully we'll see her return in a few weeks!

I'm giving it a miss for the next week or so due to a f**ked up leg  requiring physio. lamecakes.

Oh and don't forget my awesome goal ;) haha

Jimmy

typool said:
yes i play at Niagara Park too, all the games including trails have been very late

sounds like you should enter at team at the Lakehaven comp next time ;) :)

Mr_Futsal

Teams were asked to be ready 5 minutes before kick off, as well the referees were playing 13 minute halves on Monday to try and keep all the games on time  :-\

Jimmy

Mr_Futsal said:
Teams were asked to be ready 5 minutes before kick off, as well the referees were playing 13 minute halves on Monday to try and keep all the games on time  :-\

organisation fail.

J

jiggles

Am pretty pissed off right now.

Just got home from our women's comp at Niagara Park... I'm not playing cause of an injury, but I went along to watch. And for once...they were running on time. Amazing. The girls took the court...and no ref. Waited 10 mins...and still no ref. I went and asked if we had one, or what was happening because wed been ready for over 10 mins. They said "Oh...uh ok...".

All the while, 3 guys in ref shirts had been sitting there just watching us. Guy went to them and said "Any of you guys gonna take this game?" and one said "Nah, the girls are boring".

DUDE. YOUR GETTING f**kING PAID TO DO IT. I have boring parts of my job, and things I hate doing. But we all have to do it. Stupid little c**t twat.

So then we do get some refs (one whom had bad hair...but thats a crime off the court) and the other one did not look at the play once. He was either:
a. chatting up one of the girls
b. looking at his phone
c. talking to some guy on the sideline
d. watching the men's game on the next court over.

Then when one of our players was elbowed in the face pretty hard, "bad hair" made a comment (apparently, I didn't see this happen) and one of our players told him that she was elbowed and he should actually watch the game. And for that she received a yellow.

That place could not organise a f**k in a brothel. Lake Haven don't do a women's comp. So really...why the f**k do chicks get the shit end of the deal all the f**king time? We pay our fees just like everyone else and it gives me the Jimmy Irrits.

/feministic rant.

J

jiggles

On a happier note...the girls played great. Our passing and speed has improved a heap, and both our keepers made some fantastic saves this evening! Good work :D

Ranyen

poko said:
Am pretty pissed off right now.

Just got home from our women's comp at Niagara Park... I'm not playing cause of an injury, but I went along to watch. And for once...they were running on time. Amazing. The girls took the court...and no ref. Waited 10 mins...and still no ref. I went and asked if we had one, or what was happening because wed been ready for over 10 mins. They said "Oh...uh ok...".

All the while, 3 guys in ref shirts had been sitting there just watching us. Guy went to them and said "Any of you guys gonna take this game?" and one said "Nah, the girls are boring".

DUDE. YOUR GETTING f**kING PAID TO DO IT. I have boring parts of my job, and things I hate doing. But we all have to do it. Stupid little c**t twat.

So then we do get some refs (one whom had bad hair...but thats a crime off the court) and the other one did not look at the play once. He was either:
b. looking at his phone

Then when one of our players was elbowed in the face pretty hard, "bad hair" made a comment (apparently, I didn't see this happen) and one of our players told him that she was elbowed and he should actually watch the game. And for that she received a yellow.

That place could not organise a f**k in a brothel. Lake Haven don't do a women's comp. So really...why the f**k do chicks get the shit end of the deal all the f**king time? We pay our fees just like everyone else and it gives me the Jimmy Irrits.

/feministic rant.

Go me for a Yellow though!!! If I knew I was going to get one for him mis-hearing what I said, I should of just abused him!

J

jiggles

What exactly was said? I told the organiser I was pretty pissed off at the ref's performences. And the guy who wasn't paying attention was the same ref who sassed me the other week, explaining a simple corner rule to me like I was a nimwit.

Gopher of Pern

"You should keep your eyes on her. She likes to keep her elbows up. I just got hit in the mouth"

He thought Rhiannan said "you should keep your eyes open", hence the card for being cheeky.

razza

one of my other mates cars got broken in there tonight. what a bad run.

also it was actually on time tonight which was pretty good.

And yes i would play at Lakehaven but considering i live at the south end of the coast, Niagara Park is already pushing it.

And finally some of the refs there are extremely hopeless.

J

jiggles

Yeah. I make an effort to park close as I can to the venue, under street lights.

We WERE running on time. Until the f**kin' useless refs decided to ignore us.

Mr_Futsal

poko said:
We WERE running on time.

Did you enjoy playing 13 minute haves? Because that is the only reason this competition ran on time tonight.  ;) I must say, I don't like sacrificing game time so that the organisers can say that they run on time, but i guess it has to be done, until people realise that you CAN NOT fit two 15 minute halves, a minute at half time, and 4 to 5 minutes to start another game. You CAN NOT fit 35-odd minutes into a 30 minute time slot. After 2 games, your 10 mintues late.

poko said:
Until the f**kin' useless refs decided to ignore us.

and

poko said:
b. looking at his phone

That is very disappointing to hear.  :mad:

Because the games i watch, the referees had a reasonably good performance. But these wouldn't be the refs you would be referring to. Shame there cant be such good consistency as was displayed on the men's match on all the games.

poko said:
Lake Haven don't do a women's comp.

as mentioned before, the only reason YMCA Lakehaven doesn't, at the moment, run a 'womens' competition, is because...
razza said:
And yes i would play at Lakehaven but considering i live at the south end of the coast, Niagara Park is already pushing it.
... in other words, there is not enough interest, which is very unfortunate, and disappointing, as i personally would love to see women's football and futsal flourish.

razza said:
And finally some of the refs there are extremely hopeless.

have a few things to point out  :)

1) What would you expect when there aren't even any rules. If you could show me the rules, i would be quite happy. Because we sure as hell dont play by the FIFA Laws of the Game  ;)

2) Half are not qualified (NSWFRA qualified) 'futsal' referees, though, unfortunately, the ones you accused are.

3) Because Niagara Park is NOT a Football NSW sanctioned competition, it is not the duty of NSWFRA to appoint referees.

4) Like may hopeless players, there are plenty of what you mentioned. ;) Though it is somethings funny when a player goes off at the referee after he concedes a goal, arguing that it their was kick in 5 minutes previously, in the attacking half, not the other teams, and that it is the referees fault for them conceding a goal, not their dismal defending.  ;)  :yellowcard:

J

jiggles

So, then tell me how hard it is to say to people :

Your game is at 6:30.
Your game is at 7:15.
Your game is at 8:00.
Your game is at 8:45.

Gives you 45 mins for game and includes the full halves, half time and time between games. Its not fun when you rush your ass off to race home from work, get ready, race back over there...only to have to sit on your arse for 20-25 mins waiting for your game.

Its about planning. I know things happen, and really it should be planned to take into consideration of things running later, over time, injuries etc.

Mr_Futsal said:
1) What would you expect when there aren't even any rules. If you could show me the rules, i would be quite happy. Because we sure as hell dont play by the FIFA Laws of the Game  ;)

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/developing/futsal/lawsofthegame.html

Kareem

what mr futsal means in regards to rules is...Niagara dont follow any official rules.
At Lakehaven they are obliged to (which is a good thing ;) ) being a FutsalNSW venue.
Where as places like Woy Woy, Niagra Park etc. can make their own variations.
Woy Woy at least gave me a copy of the variations 2 years ago when we played there...that was good!

In regards to times, its all about being efficient, and maximinsing profit margins ;) . What you request is courtesy and respect to us the customers, but what they want is to maximise profits by minimising costs. Ruthless...YES! Business wise, its smart...until you lose customers
ie. ME! Hopefully I am not the last to ditch them, and I will return whne there are changes!
/end minirant

typool

Niagara park Comp.
Mens TAB Sports Heroes 4 Millwall F.C 1

Nice work TAB Sports On a well Dominated Game of football

razza

i really don't see how costs would increase that much. They would not pay the refs for time in between games, only venue costs (not really good) but say another half an hour only. I think it would really be beneficial to improving customer satsifaction.

I don't think they even need 45 mins Poko. 35 mins could even do it. They way i have seen other comps run (not futsal) is to blow a whistle/horn, all the games start at once. This way all games would finish and start at the same time. And if any teams are late they get penalised say a goal every 2 minutes. While this may seem harsh, the message gets across and games are going to be run with greater efficiency

J

jiggles

I already emailed them saying I hope they didn't pay one of the ref's who "watched" our game. There's some cost cutting right there!

Could not organise a f**k in a brothel, that place.

Kareem

35 could and should work
its pretty logical...because it would end up being the same total court hire.
Unless the guys hire the courts only until eg. 9pm, bu are allowed to go overtime 20 mins...
If they officially went overtime, then they have to pay it.
I suppose it isnt that big an extra half hour on 3 courts, but some people are blood thirsty.

typool

all points are very true, before we play every week there is a girls team playing before us and the lines mean are chatting up young girls whon the sidelines.. i think it's pretty dodgy

and the the young 17/18 yr old lines guys play in our comp

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred