• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Summer Futsal Competition 09/10 Season

J

jiggles

We have 3 teams in the Niagara Park ladies comp, and loving it so far.

:) kutgw to those who scour this forum in our teams :D

razza

Car got smashed up last night at Niagara Park. Lost my phone etc.
Any every game so far has been 30-45 mins late.
I don't think i'll be finishing the season there

razza

well parked up near the bushes at around 8.30. was in between 2 other cars. came back at 9.30 to find a whole in my side window (assuming rock or something), and some work stuff stolen, phone and some other crap.

J

jiggles

razza said:
Car got smashed up last night at Niagara Park. Lost my phone etc.
Any every game so far has been 30-45 mins late.
I don't think i'll be finishing the season there

At what time? I was there from6:30ish til 8ish.

Our games have actually been running on time, if late only by about 10 mins which works well as we have ladies who work in Sydney playing.

J

jiggles

Ah shite. Cammo and I went back to his car at 8ish, and there were some hell dodge looking wannabe-black-rapper kids hanging in the car park up near that bush part.

razza

we've played at 8.30 last 2 weeks and haven't started until at least 9.
serves me right for leaving my phone visible from the outside and yeh wouldn't reccomend parking up there. should of just parked somewhere in the middle of everyone.

Kareem

bad organisation is a good reason I sacrificed playing at Niagara park...
hopefully one day there will be a well run comp!
bad luck bout your car

Jimmy

Had our first game at Lakehaven Rec Center tonight, was a good win, 17-9.
The fill-in keeper played well and the rest of us decided to play sexy football.

As this is a new comp there are only 6 teams at the moment.

If anyone is interested in putting in a team, I suggest you do so, as this comp actually runs on time.
They'd preferably like at least 2 more teams this season.

It'd be great to see it flourish and hopefully out grow that dive we like to call Niagra Park.

Mr_Futsal

razza said:
BAD BULLZ said:
apart from doing ya head in and being ran bout as well as the jets
its 50bucks per person per year and 40 bucks a team per week

can someone expand on this point for me? What difficulties were involved playing at Niagara? Lakenhaven is a tad too far for me to play so Niagara is looking like the best bet.

Also can someone clarify the approx times at Niagara? I think are few of out team work in Sydney all this summer so if half the games are before 7 i will give it a miss. Can you ask for your team to be allocated later games?

If one was to compare YMCA Lakehaven to Niagara Park (Central Coast Youth Club) you would notice i a few differences. Rego at Lakehaven is with FNSW and is is $40 for a whole year, compared to $55 at CCYC (do not know what insurance they have), match fees are the same for both Lakehaven and CCYC ($40), though you play to the FIFA Laws of the game and play the proper 25 minutes (mens only) that Lakehaven, unlike at CCYC. Proper NSWFRA accredited referees are appointed to officiate at Lakehaven. 50 minute games are allotted 1 hour time slots (unlike 30 minute games crammed into 30 minute time slots) so games are never late. Lakehaven is the only FNSW sanctioned center. One Center is to the north and one to the south.

If you live at Gosford, Lakehaven is a good 30 minute drive, compared to the 5 odd to CCYC. If you live a toukley, its a 5 minute drive at Lakehaven compared to the 40 odd minute drive to CCYC. :p

This is by no means taking a shot at CCYC, these are facts, and these would be the most major differences between the two centers.

Hope that this helps :)

Mr_Futsal

As someone kindly pointed out to me, it depends on how long you want to play and how far they would be willing to driving.

Simple equation. if you live in Gosford area and going to Lakehaven, total driving time is about an hour (there and back) for an hour of play.
If you live in the Gosford area going to Niagara Park, total of 20/30 minutes driving (there and back home) for a 30 minute game

J

jiggles

^^ Many ladies in our teams work in Sydney...so rushing home from work, and adding on an extra 30 mins is not really an option. I'd love to have something like that closer t home though. Hopefully Niagara Park gets their act sorted out, or someone with a bit more organisation can fix it up (like really...they call me at 6:30 on a friday night to tell me game times for Monday...for only one team...where we have three...sigh).

Part_Timer

i was impressed with the comp at lakehole, far better than the niagra one and i prefer to play longer games and closer to my house. but purely on organisation impressed

J

jiggles

So, apparently I suck at being keeper. zofl.

Won our first game, 6-1
Lost the 2nd game, 6-1

And, it was only running 10 minutes behind this time. *gasp*

J

jiggles

Oh really? I thought we scored one. Oh well! Haha. I can dream...

Ranyen

Chelsea FC won against Headhunters 3-2

Awesome set up, a goal & fantastic keepering in the second half by myself, and the rest of the team played seamlessly together!!

Was running about 15mins late, but in the game before ours there was a serious ankle/leg injury requiring an Ambulance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred