• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Sounding off about the band

Rowdy

They (the Band) havent been back since.

And subsequently a few blokes (one of whom has over 11,000 posts on this forum - so what the fcuk would he know :rolleyes:) that were talking of leaving Bay16 for the stands have stayed, & also a couple that left
..... have since returned.

Last edited:

dibo

I suspected that you might of had that misconception, but was prepared to let you explain why before giving the facts as Jimmy has above.

As I said above also, it never ceases to amaze me the number of people (casuals/newbies) who walk past the back of the Bay16 & question why we 'ripped-off' the Wanderer's song. :headbutt:
We did it many times back in the day, and we didn't get it to work particularly well. I remember well the struggles we had with rhythm as Big Dave would bellow out "WHO DO WE BLOOOOOODY SING FOR" and the whole thing would fall in a heap.

We got it better after that, but as Jimmy says it never really took off.

It's fair to say that WSW executed it brilliantly pretty much from the start, and they had significant help from the club to prime the rest of the crowd for it (HINT - it'd be great for our club admin to sit with YA and work creatively on things that might set us off too).

Coast Football Ramble

We did it many times back in the day, and we didn't get it to work particularly well. I remember well the struggles we had with rhythm as Big Dave would bellow out "WHO DO WE BLOOOOOODY SING FOR" and the whole thing would fall in a heap.

We got it better after that, but as Jimmy says it never really took off.

It's fair to say that WSW executed it brilliantly pretty much from the start, and they had significant help from the club to prime the rest of the crowd for it (HINT - it'd be great for our club admin to sit with YA and work creatively on things that might set us off too).

We generally meet with the club a month before the season starts.
I guess we'll be doing it again this year.
Club have been fantastic with trying to get incentives for people into the bay.

Wombat

I love the band, especially watching them march through the leagues and marching through the stands but they have to be in synch with Pete and the boys in bay 16. If they can work together brilliant if not just have them as pre game entertainment

ZedSpecials

Wow thanks for sharing more details all. Possibly just the way I wanted to read certain posts. But it really just seemed to me like YA were perhaps being a tad precious about sharing toys with the littler kids during big lunch!

BUT If these band muppets have no real heart for the game, let alone our team, and simply treat it like a gig? All the while Disrespecting YA requests ... Then f**k em off sharpish I say.

no room on the bus for passengers this year!!!

Coastalraider

no room on the bus for passengers this year!!!

I'd say given last years average attendance was under 8,000 - there are over 10,000 seats on the bus for passengers this year. The stadium won't fill with hardcore fans. The balance will come from people seeking entertainment, who have a budget to spend on seeking that entertainment, and a mariners match is contending with things like going to the movies, taking the kids to the reptile park etc. What makes a mariners match attractive over these options are things like game day atmosphere and performance. I doubt any of these fair weather fans ever left the stadium saying, 'wow, did you hear when the 20 guys behind the goals said coasties?' But I KNOW from experience people at my work where talking about how cool it was to have the band walking through the stands, and how much the kids loved it. That translates directly to multiple repeat ticket sales. I totally understand there is history between the 2 parties, and that active support have tried to hold discussions - maybe it's time for the club to get involved as a mediator?

ZedSpecials

Yeah that's the spirit!! .... :confused:

It boils down to this
Easy to get a coupla kids together who can both play a trumpet and play nice with YA (why are we attached to this band in particular? just a job to them! )
Much harder to find new active support

Coast Football Ramble

I'd say given last years average attendance was under 8,000 - there are over 10,000 seats on the bus for passengers this year. The stadium won't fill with hardcore fans. The balance will come from people seeking entertainment, who have a budget to spend on seeking that entertainment, and a mariners match is contending with things like going to the movies, taking the kids to the reptile park etc. What makes a mariners match attractive over these options are things like game day atmosphere and performance. I doubt any of these fair weather fans ever left the stadium saying, 'wow, did you hear when the 20 guys behind the goals said coasties?' But I KNOW from experience people at my work where talking about how cool it was to have the band walking through the stands, and how much the kids loved it. That translates directly to multiple repeat ticket sales. I totally understand there is history between the 2 parties, and that active support have tried to hold discussions - maybe it's time for the club to get involved as a mediator?

The club was a mediator at the meeting.
Honestly, it was like talking to a brick wall.

adz

Staff member
I find all your lame attempts at trying to troll these forums quite poor and rather sad.
Going to need to up your game.

Agree with the first bit. It's already been said YA tried to work with the band and the band didn't want any of it.
Best thing is to put the band somewhere other than bay 16 if they refuse to work with YA.
Maybe they can keep doing laps of the stands and see how long people still love them? :popcorn:

And just as a side note, I haven't ever seen any sort of 'official' response from the band explaining themselves. Is this because they simply see it as a gig or a practice session and have no interest in the Mariners or football? Question mark?

Big Al

Agree with the first bit. It's already been said YA tried to work with the band and the band didn't want any of it.
Best thing is to put the band somewhere other than bay 16 if they refuse to work with YA.
Maybe they can keep doing laps of the stands and see how long people still love them? :popcorn:

And just as a side note, I haven't ever seen any sort of 'official' response from the band explaining themselves. Is this because they simply see it as a gig or a practice session and have no interest in the Mariners or football? Question mark?
This was my exact thought, do I only like them from afar or on one lap? They have to move but where?
Bay 17? That would be dumb.
Behind Paulo? nope dumber
Next to me behind Arnie and Kevin. Hell no I won't hear the bald jokes.
Under the scoreboard? maybe
East side? Well they won't care about looking into the sun as they aren't watching
Or like all good buskers how much to pay them to stop.
If we are paying then outside in the street it is

If they can't work with YA I'm afraid they got to go. I like them but it's the only natural fit. So I'm changing my position to they play nice or not at all

Big Al

In the early days of the Sydney Kings they used to have the 2WS big band play but it was all coordinated to the game and the flow. It was a full band but would play 30 second pieces. They were an addition to everyone else.
The band needs to be incorporated in this style and only the club can dictate what needs to be done. Time for the club to enforce some rules or move them on.

nebakke

Everyone loves the band
Except a few yellow army boys
Just bring back the band
#fairgoforthebando

I'm starting to wonder how much work would go into just having this thing auto-posted whenever you post here...

1440812313_images-1-.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred