• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Songs 'N Chants

Big Al

Is he the Key voice on signings? Didn't Anton just say it is now a group discussion/decision? Surely still weighted most heavily to the coach?
Yeah but if you hire idiots who hire other idiots then your are the idiot

while extremely harsh it’s the reality.

We have had an incredibly poor management structure.

Anton is now slowly fixing things and I agree with his pod comments about improvement.

the problem is really is it to late?

we really need to make last week a one off and stay competitive and not fall off the cliff like we do every year.

I see progress but i also see the dire financial side of poor performances gets no fans and with corona etc things could get even worse.

I applaud Mike for stumping up a lot of money but at what point are you throwing good money after bad? If i were his advisors I’d say sell to anyone anywhere.
As a fan i say please don’t do that save our club. He says his trying but the team stinks and no one wants to come watch.

it reminds me of when he said we are competing with the movies as an entertainment program. It’s very true and the irony is that no one wants to watch terrible movies. We are terrible love story no one wants to watch

sorry didn’t notice the thread and it’s way off topic @adz can you maybe move mine and who I replied to

pjennings

I see progress but i also see the dire financial side of poor performances gets no fans and with corona etc things could get even worse.

I applaud Mike for stumping up a lot of money but at what point are you throwing good money after bad? If i were his advisors I’d say sell to anyone anywhere.
As a fan i say please don’t do that save our club. He says his trying but the team stinks and no one wants to come watch.

If I was his advisor I probably would have been saying this for a few years. Funnily enough, now with the change of the HAL ownership structure, the development of Gosford, our continued low status and the real possibility of alternate revenue streams opening up now is probably the time to double down.

Forum Phoenix

Yeah but if you hire idiots who hire other idiots then your are the idiot

while extremely harsh it’s the reality.

We have had an incredibly poor management structure.

Anton is now slowly fixing things and I agree with his pod comments about improvement.

the problem is really is it to late?

we really need to make last week a one off and stay competitive and not fall off the cliff like we do every year.

it reminds me of when he said we are competing with the movies as an entertainment program. It’s very true and the irony is that no one wants to watch terrible movies. We are terrible love story no one wants to watch

sorry didn’t notice the thread and it’s way off topic @adz can you maybe move mine and who I replied to

I'm not quick to assume idiocy, not when lack of resources more readily explains most things I've seen. I don't think Shaun is even remotely an idiot though I agree the management structure has proven wanting, and also agree is now clearly strengthening. But as you say, wrong thread so won't elaborate more here.

style_cafe

Is he the Key voice on signings? Didn't Anton just say it is now a group discussion/decision? Surely still weighted most heavily to the coach?
The constricting thing though is the budget.
Staj needs at least 22 players including 2 keepers just for training purposes.
The top 11 still need quality back up (squaddies) to be able to have a decent training session.
We just don`t have the budget to do that.
Mike is ultimately responsible for that as is Shaun to a certain extent.

its like going to Maccas with $20 bucks to feed a family.
You may get 2 big Macs for you and the missus but the kids have to eat cheeseburgers.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

We are Mariner`s sung to the tune of We Are Australians

We are one,but we are many,
And from the Central Coast we come
We love our team, and sing as one voice
I am, you are, we are the MARINERS!

I think we had this before, back in the Marinators days.....?
To the tune of Guantanamera:

One Matt Simon
There's only one Matt Simon
One Matt Siiimon
There's only one Matt Simon

Only because there really is only one Matt Simon.
Ooh, this is bugging me - I know we've used this before, just can't remember who!

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Gus ,wasn`t that Home amongst the Gumtrees?
We used to sing a variation of "We Are Australian" as "We Hate Victorians".
Could be either of those.....was a long time ago!

Hey, for the 'we are Mariners, sing we are Mariners!' chant, did we ever alternate with Central Coast?

'We are Central Coast, sing we are Central Coast!'
'We are Mariners, sing we are Mariners'
etc etc...

can't remember if we did or if I imagined it...

Jimmy

I do remember singing a version of Amognst The Gumtrees, but it would have only been a handful of games. Would have been season 1-3.

I think you may have imagined that. I can't ever recall singing I am, You are, We are Central Coast.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami