• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Songs 'N Chants

style_cafe

Agree that it should be epic and rousing, as Thunderstruck is.

It doesn't matter what the song is or even if everyone likes it - we'd all come to love it over time when we associate it with our club and passionate home games.

Thus sticking with it would be key.

Rousing
Catchy
Loud
Consistent
Go!

I`ve just spent a few hours looking for songs we could make our own.
Going on the Rousing, Catchy, Loud , theme...something that everyone could grow to enjoy
I would nominate The Proclaimers 500 Miles
I think it has everything we`re looking for in a walk out song.
The words are easy to learn, everyone knows the chorus & it even has the little dance part near the end with a great call & response!

Wombat

Going on the Rousing, Catchy, Loud , theme...something that everyone could grow to enjoy
The words are easy to learn, everyone knows the chorus & it even has the little dance part near the end with a great call & response!

Absolute winner Cafe!!

I watched some musical at Laycock st theatre with maybe 20+ old songs in the show. The absolute stand out for participation was 500 Miles. Everyone went bonkers....hollering and clapping.

Brilliant suggestion. Shaun....can you make this happen

nebakke

Don't stop me know starts to get you excited then goes flat as a tack for me

For me that's usually because it stops before the walk out, is followed by a minute of confused silence, then 20 seconds of what sounds like Star104.5 on blast, quickly switched and then back to fade in to the GoT theme, halfway into the introduction - which in fairness isn't that different to any of the other walk outs ;)

Gratis

With the added bonus that most people do actually like it.

I'm in. Go with that for another stripe earned

Ozhammer

Can’t say I agree with the Proclaimers being the walk out song, as I am not sure it fits the context (great song though to be fair). For me it’s Robbie Williams’ Let Me Entertain You for the walk out song (although I would be equally happy to go back to Thunderstruck too), as either song really gets the blood pumping.

For the end of games, there really is only one song and that is surely Journey’s Don’t Stop Believing, which apart from being a sing along favourite, pretty much sums up what we are about for mine.

style_cafe

Can’t say I agree with the Proclaimers being the walk out song, as I am not sure it fits the context (great song though to be fair). For me it’s Robbie Williams’ Let Me Entertain You for the walk out song (although I would be equally happy to go back to Thunderstruck too), as either song really gets the blood pumping.

For the end of games, there really is only one song and that is surely Journey’s Don’t Stop Believing, which apart from being a sing along favourite, pretty much sums up what we are about for mine.

To each there own I suppose but for mine "Little bo peep has lost his sheep, he popped a pill & fell asleep" isn`t in the right context either :popcorn:

Wombat

Fark moi......................................u lost me at Journey!!!

Too cringeworthy dumb arse American rubbish.

Wombat

Would rather hear dumb arse American rubbish than Thunderstruck or Back in Black ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

'Sall subjective innit

Im not a fan of Journey and u r definately right its very subjective. Dont tell anyone but i've always secretely liked "small town girl" by Journey:oops:.

I used to like yellow by Coldplay but Recky hates it!........................different strokes.

Anyways. MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone. I hope you all have a lovely day tomorrow.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Im not a fan of Journey and u r definately right its very subjective. Dont tell anyone but i've always secretely liked "small town girl" by Journey:oops:.

I used to like yellow by Coldplay but Recky hates it!........................different strokes.

Anyways. MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone. I hope you all have a lovely day tomorrow.
F**KIN A I hate "Yellow" ...You are a Pirate by Alestorm shall forever be my walk out song ...even if Elvis is playing

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred