Songs 'N Chants

Discussion in 'Central Coast Mariners FC' started by Azza-Mataz, Mar 29, 2008.

1. style_cafe

style_cafe Well-Known Member

I`ve just spent a few hours looking for songs we could make our own.
    Going on the Rousing, Catchy, Loud , theme...something that everyone could grow to enjoy
    I would nominate The Proclaimers 500 Miles
    I think it has everything we`re looking for in a walk out song.
    The words are easy to learn, everyone knows the chorus & it even has the little dance part near the end with a great call & response!

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

Absolute winner Cafe!!

I watched some musical at Laycock st theatre with maybe 20+ old songs in the show. The absolute stand out for participation was 500 Miles. Everyone went bonkers....hollering and clapping.

Brilliant suggestion. Shaun....can you make this happen

• Like Like x 1
  3. nebakke

nebakke Well-Known Member

For me that's usually because it stops before the walk out, is followed by a minute of confused silence, then 20 seconds of what sounds like Star104.5 on blast, quickly switched and then back to fade in to the GoT theme, halfway into the introduction - which in fairness isn't that different to any of the other walk outs ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gratis

Gratis Well-Known Member

With the added bonus that most people do actually like it.

I'm in. Go with that for another stripe earned

• Like Like x 3
  5. Ozhammer

Ozhammer Active Member

Can’t say I agree with the Proclaimers being the walk out song, as I am not sure it fits the context (great song though to be fair). For me it’s Robbie Williams’ Let Me Entertain You for the walk out song (although I would be equally happy to go back to Thunderstruck too), as either song really gets the blood pumping.

For the end of games, there really is only one song and that is surely Journey’s Don’t Stop Believing, which apart from being a sing along favourite, pretty much sums up what we are about for mine.

6. style_cafe

style_cafe Well-Known Member

To each there own I suppose but for mine "Little bo peep has lost his sheep, he popped a pill & fell asleep" isn`t in the right context either :popcorn:

• Funny Funny x 1