• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Songs 'N Chants

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

All I can think of for Hoole is Roy Orbison's 'Ooby Dooby'
"Hooley Hooley!
Hooley Hooley!
Hooley hooley hooley hooley hooley,
hooley hooley
wa-hoo, wa-hoo waaaaaw"

(I'm tired and that's all I've got. But the thought of a bunch of people singing that is hilarious to me)

ZedSpecials

This is a seriously great chant!

Would it be possible for the Yellow Army to talk to the Club (Shaun) about this? Perhaps they could put the words on the scoreboard before the game and at half time (and after the final whistle if we win!), with the Yellow Army leading the chant.

No doubt it would take some weeks, but it might catch on.

Bloody brilliant PP :thumbup:

Great idea. Too long since I've gotten down to the stadium, is the scoreboard capable of this? I feel like the active support needs a big boost this year. We have a new squad and fingers crossed we have an interesting season on the pitch coming up. So could the scoreboard throw a simple chant up mid Match? It's a bit contrived and certainly very plastic but if done in conjunction with the active support could help them get something going?

Wombat

Great idea. Too long since I've gotten down to the stadium, is the scoreboard capable of this? I feel like the active support needs a big boost this year. We have a new squad and fingers crossed we have an interesting season on the pitch coming up. So could the scoreboard throw a simple chant up mid Match? It's a bit contrived and certainly very plastic but if done in conjunction with the active support could help them get something going?

Thanks for posting and great to have a few newbies but i have one question for you Zed. Why haven't you gone to any games recently?

Wombat

All I can think of for Hoole is Roy Orbison's 'Ooby Dooby'
"Hooley Hooley!
Hooley Hooley!
Hooley hooley hooley hooley hooley,
hooley hooley
wa-hoo, wa-hoo waaaaaw"

(I'm tired and that's all I've got. But the thought of a bunch of people singing that is hilarious to me)

What about....

Oh Andy Hoole
Oh Andy Hoole

He used to be scum
a useless bogan bum

But now he's a Coastie
He's gonna f**kin roast yee

oh Andy Hoole

......No? Ok....stay in school kids!:oops: And just say no.

ZedSpecials

Thanks for posting and great to have a few newbies but i have one question for you Zed. Why haven't you gone to any games recently?
YOU ! You were one of the fellas already tried to hunt me outta here ! you the one calling me a fruit ? Or the other guy that called me a bloody Newcastle fan!!! JEEZUS. Well Let me explain !!! TOO BUSY WATCHING THE SWANNIES MATE !!! No but seriously I was dumb enough to give you that little hook, so now I must explain - I am a Daddy and keeping three little ladies safe warm and and fully stocked with latest IKEA means I do not get time and fun tickets to heckle Liam Reddy in the flesh anymore. I was an original too! I loved heckling that potato, even before he joined and left CCM . Add on top that our family all live in western Sydney and central Wild West ... well I rest at work let me tell you ... anyway I have a plan ... but what about the scoreboard idea Fishsdad had ? Nobody replied to him yet cmon

JoyfulPenguin

Good idea and lots of other clubs do it. It may seem plastic but gets non active supporters going and most will sing the chant with active after it's off the scoreboard. I assume the scoreboard would be as capable as the laptop that is plugged into it.

Tevor

Good idea and lots of other clubs do it. It may seem plastic but gets non active supporters going and most will sing the chant with active after it's off the scoreboard. I assume the scoreboard would be as capable as the laptop that is plugged into it.
You can hardly see the images on the scoreboard, desperately needs updating especially when you go somewhere like the SFS and see the quality of those gigantic TV's.

JoyfulPenguin

You can hardly see the images on the scoreboard, desperately needs updating especially when you go somewhere like the SFS and see the quality of those gigantic TV's.
Ah I didn't realise, I've never been to CCS (hopefully this year I get to!). That's disappointing to hear, AAMI and Etihad don't have any problems with it down here.

style_cafe

I`ve tried for 3 years just to have the time reverted back to a size that can actually be seen beyond the halfway line ,all to no avail.
So good luck with getting the words to a song up there. Good idea though!:popcorn:

priorpeter

And all the runs that Connor makes are winding
And every goal that Asdru scores is blinding
There are many teams that I would like to see us beat, and Okon knows how...
because mayyybbeeeee, we should've re-signed Trent Sainsbury... but after aaaalllllll, we've got Asdrubaaallllll

Last edited:

priorpeter

And all the runs that Connor makes are winding
And every goal that Asdru scores is blinding
There are many teams that I would like to see us beat, and Okon knows how...
because mayyybbeeeee, we should've re-signed Trent Sainsbury... but after aaaalllllll, we've got Asdrubaaallllll

Jesus. Alcohol is bad, guys.

priorpeter

Thoughts on Yellow by Coldplay as a walkout song?

G'day mate - welcome to the forum.
This has been suggested a few times over the years and wholly rejected each time.

Mind you, with each song we try and fail with over the years, I start to hate this suggestion less. Must be going soft in my old age. I might be sold on it by 2032.

Reactions: adz

up2Nate

Well I've not started off with a popular one, it seems, haha.

Is there a particular reason for the dislike (literally)?

I feel (apart from the obvious) it has an anthemy feel, and passionate lyrics.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred