• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Socceroos vs Kuwait in Canberra

kevrenor

Danny, Matty, and Dean picked in Socceroo squad:

SYDNEY
24 February 2009

Qantas Socceroos Head Coach Pim Verbeek has selected a squad of 24 players for the upcoming AFC Asian Cup 2011 Qualifier match, presented by FOXTEL, against Kuwait in Canberra on Thursday 5 March (kick-off 8.00pm AEDT).

Twelve players from the Qantas Socceroo squad will be involved in this weekend's Hyundai A-League 2009 Grand Final where Melbourne Victory host Adelaide United at the Telstra Dome.  Whilst Fabian Barbiero, Daniel Mullen, Mitch Nichols and Ben Kantarovski have been rewarded for their recent form in the Hyundai A-League with their first call-up to the Qantas Socceroos squad.

I'll list the rest when I can get a reasonable copy

Sean

Danny ALLSOPP (Melbourne Victory)
Fabian BARBIERO (Adelaide United)
Billy CELESKI (Melbourne Victory)
Shannon COLE (Sydney FC)
Robert CORNTHWAITE (Adelaide United)
Tarek ELRICH (Newcastle Jets)
Eugene GALEKOVIC (Adelaide United)
Dean HEFFERNAN (Central Coast Mariners)
Scott JAMIESON (Adelaide United)
Ben KANTAROVSKI (Newcastle Jets)
Matthew McKAY (Queensland Roar)
Craig MOORE (Queensland Roar)
Daniel MULLEN (Adelaide United)
Mitch NICHOLS (Queensland Roar)
Tom PONDELJAK (Melbourne Victory)
Paul REID (Adelaide United)
Matt SIMON (Central Coast Mariners)
Michael THEOKLITOS (Melbourne Victory)
Archie THOMPSON (Melbourne Victory)
Matthew THOMPSON (Newcastle Jets)
Nikolai TOPOR-STANLEY (Newcastle Jets)
Rodrigo VARGAS (Melbourne Victory)
Danny VUKOVIC (Central Coast Mariners)
Michael ZULLO (Queensland Roar)

serious14

Will be very close to the team that played in Indonesia, but with a completely different mindset.  Methinks they will be given license to attack.  A lot.

No Dodd again, interesting.  Guessing Tommy will start at RM.

FFC Mariner

bulldogmariner said:
Good to see Mitch Nichols in the squad. He has had a great season.

Looks like he cant handle pressure though - his performance in Adelaide was woeful.

Making up the numbers imho.

bulldogmariner

FFC Mariner said:
bulldogmariner said:

Looks like he cant handle pressure though - his performance in Adelaide was woeful.

Cant handle pressure! He tore us up twice and looked most likely to score for the Roar in a disappointing performance. Remember he is only a young kid and the experience will do him all the good. I would have him on the bench just to use if we need a goal. He would be a player i would pay overs to see at our club because he is youth and quality.

FFC Mariner

Thats my point, tearing up what passes for our back 4 isnt that much of an achievement.

Prelim final and he just blew it - badly

bulldogmariner

FFC Mariner said:
Thats my point, tearing up what passes for our back 4 isnt that much of an achievement.

Disagree totally
He will play overseas and be a future starter for the national side.

Bear

bulldogmariner said:
FFC Mariner said:

Disagree totally

If you dont think that he blew it big time against adelaide, you either were watching a different game, or have nfi imo

bulldogmariner

Bearinator said:
bulldogmariner said:
FFC Mariner said:

Disagree totally

If you dont think that he blew it big time against adelaide, you either were watching a different game, or have nfi imo
Nichols played OK in a disappointing team. At least he had chances and did force a save or 2. He has had a fantastic season and i dont believe you can say he choked under pressure.

mariners4ever

FFC Mariner said:
bulldogmariner said:

well you may be wrong, pim might actually start him:
http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/97148,pim-mitch-could-start-for-roos.aspx

and it says in there that the only player that WON'T be considered is kanta

Bear

bulldogmariner said:
Bearinator said:
bulldogmariner said:
FFC Mariner said:

Disagree totally

Nichols played OK in a disappointing team. At least he had chances and did force a save or 2. He has had a fantastic season and i dont believe you can say he choked under pressure.

If by ok you mean getting into the right position to have shots, fair call

If by ok you mean missing every one of those shots, terribly, then no dice

Its a clear case of choke imo. He had chances, many chances, and f**ked them all up, in a crunch game = choke

Im not talking about his season, im talking about the 1 game last weekend

FFC Mariner

Finally, Pim sees what we all see (from the ABC)

Verbeek unleashes on 'hopeless' Socceroos pair
Posted 1 hour 33 minutes ago
Updated 50 minutes ago

Calling it how he sees it... Socceroos coach Pim Verbeek (file photo). (AFP: Toru Yamanaka)

Map: Canberra 2600
Related Story: Verbeek goes local for Kuwait clash Honesty is clearly still the best policy for frank Socceroos coach Pim Verbeek, despite being shot down for his perceived criticism of the A-League.

He was at his blunt best today after unveiling a 24-strong national squad of solely A-League players for the March 5 Asian Cup qualifier against Kuwait in Canberra.

The Dutchman described Melbourne strikers Danny Allsopp and Archie Thompson as "absolutely hopeless" in their last Asian Cup outing for Australia, a scoreless draw with Indonesia.

FFC Mariner

bulldogmariner said:
FFC Mariner said:

Disagree totally

Lolman is living proof that shit footballers can play for the Pimeroos and overseas - Mitchells is simply another over rated flat track bully

bulldogmariner

Bearinator said:
bulldogmariner said:
Bearinator said:
bulldogmariner said:
FFC Mariner said:

Disagree totally

If by ok you mean getting into the right position to have shots, fair call

If by ok you mean missing every one of those shots, terribly, then no dice

Its a clear case of choke imo. He had chances, many chances, and f**ked them all up, in a crunch game = choke

Im not talking about his season, im talking about the 1 game last weekend
Understand what you are saying Bear but I still think he is quality and if he gets into positions like he did against United he will come up with the goods. Watch this space around Mitch Nichols because he is the best under 20s player in the country.

Razorback

Mitch Nichols>>>Matt Simon

Younger, faster, better on the ball, ok couldn't score on the weekend but I'm pretty sure if he played for the mariners you'd love him, a la Simon the whole of last year. I still laugh at Simon when he is on the ball and I love him but IMO Nichols is a better prospect.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred