• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Socceroos squad announced for match against Qatar, Feb 6

Mariner Girl

Fantastic 1st Half - didn't put a foot wrong. 2nd Half was slower and they looked tired, but was to be expected. ;D

I'm disappointed Craig Moore didn't get a better send off, but I suppose if he is that type of person and wanted to keep it low key - Thanks for the memories! :thumbup: :thumbup:

fish

Vidmar said that in the post match but Moore seems to be a bloke that wouldnt have been put out by it not being a big fanfare event (would the FFA have allowed any celebration though)

midfielder

Just back from the pub............................GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG   888888888888888888

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
:piralaugh: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirate: :piralaugh: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirate: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirate: :piralaugh: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirate: :piralaugh: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirate: :piralaugh: :pirashoot:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeee

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :piralaugh: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirate: :piralaugh: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirate: :piralaugh: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirate: :piralaugh: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirate: :piralaugh: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirate: :piralaugh:

Part_Timer

i cant beleive how many flags/scalves/banners were in the crowd.....it certainly ruined watching the game for me.....im going to complain to the FFA about these hooligans and their colourfull projectiles

Mariner Girl

fish said:
Vidmar said that in the post match but Moore seems to be a bloke that wouldnt have been put out by it not being a big fanfare event (would the FFA have allowed any celebration though)

The FFA would have sent him out of the ground and given him a lifetime ban - silly buggers.! :naughty:

serious14

I heart Jesus.  The real one, not that fictional one in the Bible  :p

Cahill is just as good - it's amazing how good our midfield functions when it plays to its potential.  Liking the Kennedy/McDonald combination up front too, that will go a long way.  And farkin' CARNEY?!?  Where was that player at Sydney FC??  Amazing!!!!

Pim for PM??  ;)  Full kudos to him for the work he's done in the limited time frame, would love to see him stay here until after the World Cup, because if tonight is a preview, then I'm liking what the final product is going to be.

Also, can we have that referee every game??    THAT's how to referee a game - didn't even notice he was there.

OSSSSSSSSSSSSSTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYLIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

:piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

P.S.  I'm hoping I'll be able to say the same thing (slightly modified tactics of course) after the China away game.  Altitude, HAL/Euro team, hostile crowd and conditions........ bring it the f*ck on.  :fireup: :fireup:

FFC Mariner

Job well done against a pretty poor side.

2nd half we were just killing the game off and were never in any danger TBH.

Carney shows the difference that moving to a higher standard brings and in years to come, we will see a lot more players come into the HAL, do well and go overseas to improve.

Not convinced about McDonald though.

Interesting to note that despite the best efforts of Ms Fernandez, there were still people clapping and cheering and waving scarves. Cant she do anything to stamp out these violent thugs???

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
:popo: Hears the marks outta 10 from THE ROAR WEBSITE  http://www.theroar.com.au/category/soccer/
:popo: ...I even agree with most of 'em...GEEZ

MARK SCHWARZER: One great second half save, but otherwise had little to do for much of the night except shake off the jet-lag. Rating: 6.
BRETT EMERTON: Always dangerous in his favoured role getting forward on the right and did what he had to defensively. Delivered top cross for first goal. Rating: 8.
LUCAS NEILL: Solid performance and looked far more at home with old mate Moore alongside him in defence. Rating: 6.
CRAIG MOORE: Rock solid as always and has lost none of his commanding presence. If it was his last international match, it was a fitting farewell. Rating: 8.
DAVID CARNEY: Looked dangerous in attack and looking more at home with every international as a left-sided wingback. One loose second half moment in defence, but otherwise sound. Rating: 7.
JASON CULINA: Relished his role as enforcer in front of defence, excelling at getting the ball from his backs and quickly changing the point of attack where it needed to go. Rating: 8.
LUKE WILKSHIRE: Busy as always in a more traditional midfield role, getting forward intelligently and getting his hands dirty breaking down Qatars attempts at attack. Rating: 8.
MARK BRESCIANO: Had a predominantly attacking role and was in the heart of everything his team created. Scored third goal and appeared to thoroughly enjoy himself. Rating: 8.
TIM CAHILL: Outstanding. Played at the point of attack and was deadly throughout. Also worked hard dropping deep to receive. Scored once, could have had a hat-trick by halftime and deservedly subbed after 65 minutes of quality. Rating: 9.
SCOTT McDONALD: Reasonable performance up front though had few opportunities on goal as he collected the ball from wide positions in the main. Created Socceroos third goal with intelligent pass to Bresciano. Rating: 6.
JOSH KENNEDY: Proved a handful for the Qataris with his aerial presence and scored Socceroos opener with a trademark header. Worked hard and replaced after 68 minutes. Rating: 7.

How good a game did Josh K have.....absolute pearler

To the ROO'S Good going fella's keep it up   :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

hasbeen

If Carney keeps playing well & cements his spot at left-back, will he be known as Pims No. 3 ?

mustapha_beer

hasbeen said:
If Carney keeps playing well & cements his spot at left-back, will he be known as Pims No. 3 ?

Hope not...he played very well last night, but I can't help thinking it would be a waste to keep him back in defence. Let the guy get forward more, and use his crossing ability.

All in all, very impressed with how they started last night. It really was 3-0 going on about 6 or 7 at half time. The 2nd half was quieter (would have been wonderful to have seen Aloisi put that one away near the end, mind you), but that was to be expected.

The only thing that worries me slightly is that if Qatar play (or at least start) as badly against China & Iraq as they did on Wednesday, we could be at a disadvantage as far as goal difference is concerned.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred