• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

SNOW!!!

dibo

i was complaining this time last year that we weren't seeing much/any snow while we were travelling, but i'm retrospecively very glad that we weren't out in minus 19 temps with train lines (our primary means of inter-city travel) frozen over and whole cities brought to a standstill.

snow's very pretty but it's also a complete pain in the arse at times.

hasbeen

FFC Mariner said:
Flew 12,000 miles with the sole intent of never having to stand at a bus stop with wet shoes that are slowly freezing again.

Mission accomplished so far.

Ps - the book referred to is a Christmas Carol by Charles Dickins - dreadful prose, watch the Muppets version instead.

You prefer the Muppets version to that of a Classic written by one of the best social commentators of all time  ..... enough said. 

FFC Mariner

hasbeen said:
FFC Mariner said:
Flew 12,000 miles with the sole intent of never having to stand at a bus stop with wet shoes that are slowly freezing again.

Ps - the book referred to is a Christmas Carol by Charles Dickins - dreadful prose, watch the Muppets version instead.

You prefer the Muppets version to that of a Classic written by one of the best social commentators of all time  ..... enough said. 

Prose is still Victoriana crap and he was the most famous commentator, not the best.

The guy who did the poverty maps of London had a far greater impact (just cant remember his name)

midfielder

FFC Mariner said:
hasbeen said:
FFC Mariner said:

Prose is still Victoriana crap and he was the most famous commentator, not the best.

The guy who did the poverty maps of London had a far greater impact (just cant remember his name)

Charles Booth

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/02/22/victorian-poverty-ma.html

hasbeen

midfielder said:
FFC Mariner said:
hasbeen said:
FFC Mariner said:

Charles Booth

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/02/22/victorian-poverty-ma.html

Which Muppet was he?

happy

Arabmariner said:
Yes you can keep your snow.........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8425805.stm

no more snow overhere where I live :)
it rained on the snow today so there is a lot of snow mud atm...

yellowcake

Arabmariner said:
I love to reminisce about stuff but snow ain't one of them.Horrible stuff that turns to slush,makes yer toes and fingers numb,makes you fall over on the way home from the pub and makes you crash your car.

I've never understood why people pay a fortune to "go down the snow" over here......wtf!!!

Ye can shove yer snow.............

Coz ours is fun, pretty and doesn't turn to slush until after you've gone home  ;D!

SonyAug09037.jpg

SonyAug09038.jpg

Charlotte Pass 22/08/2009 (Yeah, I know - we were playing SFC at home. 0-0 and Kwas missed the penalty just before FT).

CP has recorded Australia's record lowest temp (-23C)

midfielder

Serious

I type this as I sit in my shorts looking over the beach at Byron its almost 10:00 PM, nice moon not to hot ... last few days in the water almost all day ... lovely warm water ... drifted in some sweep down the beach a few times ...

Keep your snow and cold I love my warm and my beach... and camping drinking cold beer sitting out in the street with a few mates their wifes and kids .... the lucky country ...

Booked a dive today ARrrrrr love my holidays... 

serious14

30cm of snow thus far (last 6 hours), and another 40cm forecast tonight.

Some frozen water gently falls from the sky and this country descends into chaos.

happy

serious14 said:
30cm of snow thus far (last 6 hours), and another 40cm forecast tonight.

Some frozen water gently falls from the sky and this country descends into chaos.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
no snow in the city I now live in...
but afaik a lot of snow in north Germany

Arabmariner

In Fife where my mum and brother live they've run out of grit for the roads!!

Chaos right enough !!

Serious..............I like the green 'headphones'......... ;D

serious14

Arabmariner said:

Hahaha, thankfully not (and never will be) mine.  :p

They actually shut one of the salt mines near here a couple of hours ago 'cause they were worried it was going to be stripped bare, so they're getting in supplies from elsewhere - spread it out more evenly, that sort of thing.

*looks out the window*  AAAAAANNNNNDDD, it's just started again.  ;D

happy

Arabmariner said:

Chaos right enough !!

sorry for being off topic,
but isn't Fife the Scottish region where Ian Rankins "Inspector Rebus" is from? Never beleived that it really exists...

FFC Mariner

happy said:
Arabmariner said:

Chaos right enough !!

sorry for being off topic,
but isn't Fife the Scottish region where Ian Rankins "Inspector Rebus" is from? Never beleived that it really exists...

Correct - he was originally from Fife.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred