• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Should ticker be banned from the site?

Do you want ticker banned from marinators.net?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ticker

adz said:
Oh dear, lol, now you're pushing your luck.

lololololol.

It appears as though you have edited my post, however you haven't.

It also appears as though I think Kevin is a c**t, however I don't.

ticker

Alicia said:
ticker said:
kevrenor said:
On behalf of the actual moderators of the forum, we do NOT change posts (more than very rarely), and never to change opinions. It may be to remove offensive material. The insertion of a $ sign in Aloi$i and Musc**t has NOTHING to do with the forum mods as far as I know.

It has everything to do with the mods. The mods have set up these filters to prevent me from voicing my own opinion.

Mods don't set up the filters, Admin sets the filters.

mods/admin, whatever.

Ted

157fs837411.gif

Alicia

ticker said:
Alicia said:
ticker said:
kevrenor said:
On behalf of the actual moderators of the forum, we do NOT change posts (more than very rarely), and never to change opinions. It may be to remove offensive material. The insertion of a $ sign in Aloi$i and Musc**t has NOTHING to do with the forum mods as far as I know.

It has everything to do with the mods. The mods have set up these filters to prevent me from voicing my own opinion.

Mods don't set up the filters, Admin sets the filters.

mods/admin, whatever.

No, not whatever..  they are two separate entities

ticker

well go back and read all my posts and replace 'mods' with 'admin.'

In fact, why not set up a filter so that everytime i write mods, the word admin automatically appears.

kevrenor

ticker said:

In fact, why not set up a filter so that everytime i write mods, the word admin automatically appears.

You truly are acting like an idiot aren't you ... how about thinking before you post?!

It has absolutely nothing to do with you ... it was there long before you dropped in on us.

ticker

kevrenor said:
ticker said:

You truly are acting like an idiot aren't you ... how about thinking before you post?!

Not much to think about, Kevvy.

Re-read my light-hearted post and have a chuckle, go on.

kevrenor

ticker said:
kevrenor said:
ticker said:

If I could find one that made any sense I might.  I see you agree that you don't think much before you post.

ticker

kevrenor said:
ticker said:
kevrenor said:
ticker said:

If I could find one that made any sense I might.  I see you agree that you don't think much before you post.

All of my posts make perfect sense, please post me a link to a post of mine that doesn't make sense.

Also, where did i agree that i don't think?

Jorome Alexander Bennett

Arabmariner said:
soundsdifferent said:
ticker said:
One time i posted a pro-flare thread which was immediately deleted by a mod because the mod didn't want the site to appear to be in favour of flares, despite the mods openly talking about organising flares in the chat room.

Another time the mods are automatically changing my posts to put a $ sign in Aloi$i... what is this, the Daily Telegraph?

Fan forums should be a place where fans can voice their own opinions... not a place where the mods should modify posts so that the post agrees with the opinions of the mods.

Happy voting.

who are the mods anyway?
http://www.innercity.freeserve.co.uk/Moor%20Street%20Mods%201980.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19xJIedrrfA

Sting!

I don't think he should be banned, but he is mightily annoying!

Perhaps, the mods can exile him to Saint Helena. Eh?

marinermick

I voted "no" for this one because I took it as a compliment to be called a commie and I disagree with the democratic nature of this poll.

Bear

kevrenor said:
If you want to seek information about the mods or what we do, PM one of us - we are listed on the general forum boards. [Sorry, the names have been removed for for some reason!!!!  - Kevrenor, Dibo, Marinermick, and Alicia.]

*cough cough* blind old man who cant count or read *cough cough* ;)

I vote to give ticker the flicker

marconigirl

ticker said:
Countryhick said:
ticker said:
adz said:
Plus ticker is a Jets fan.

So now you are using lies in order to back up your argument? Pathetic.

We also can't mention Kevin Musc**t without our posts being automatically modified by the mods. This is so childish. Referring to Kevin as Muscunt instead of Muscat is something I would have laughed about when i was 8 years old. The majority of members on here are adults, how about we start treating each other as adults.

You're clearly mew to forums. the Censor can be setup to change any word they want to any other word...generally done with cussing to keep things civilised. My main forum changes swear words to "I am an idiot"...they have clearly just set it up so that Aloi$i and Musc**t's names come up as you've been seeing them.

EDIT: Exactly as I suspected..I typed in their names properly for that post and they came up as the changed ones.

I am aware of this.

My point is that i don't think Kevin is a cunt, and I don't think Aloisi is all about the money, yet my posts are automatically changed because the mods have the opinion that Kevin is a c**t and Aloi$i is all about the money. If i didn't go to the trouble of using BB Code to avoid the auto-modding of certain words, then people would also think that I think Kev is a c**t and Aloi$i is after the coin.... yet that isn't MY opinion.

I am 100% in favour of the swear filter however.

No one else seems to have a problem with it... You have said your part, so get over it. If you don't like it, GO AWAY!!!!

soundsdifferent

These r the rules which everyone can look at

- No racial or ethic hatred or incitement
    - No sexual or gender abuse of any kind
    - No threats or gratuitous abuse
    - Keep the swear words to less than half your sentence - look up a dictionary or thesaurus instead!
    - No totally obscene or revolting images
    - Keep on topic for each area of the board.
    - Have some respect for other fans views (even from other clubs) and their right to hold them

(amended 1/6/2005) to also contain:

- No personal abuse
    - No libel or defamation

Has this block broken any of these rules????
or have you broken the(- Have some respect for other fans views (even from other clubs) and their right ) Rule?????? By trying to get rid of him?

it also says banning wont be done lighty but will be done..
it doesnt say a poll decides someones fate.

ticker

Shame that everyone turns on you when you voice your opinion.

OK, i'm cool with leaving the Muscat thing as it is... but i won't be allowing my children to browse this forum if those in charge are encouraging swearing, especially the word c**t, which is the worst of all in my opinion.

tuftman

ticker said:
soundsdifferent said:
who cares if they are filterd i know they are filtered and so would most others unless they are thick.

ticker- who do u support??

Central Coast Mariners, Australia and Blackburn Rovers.

Just for that I voted no

ticker

ticker said:
kevrenor said:
ticker said:
kevrenor said:
ticker said:

All of my posts make perfect sense, please post me a link to a post of mine that doesn't make sense.

Just waiting on you to get back to me with that link, Kev.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred