• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Should ticker be banned from the site?

Do you want ticker banned from marinators.net?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

adz

Staff member
Since one of our site members, ticker, is constantly having a whinge about the "communist" mods on this site, I thought we should do something democratic and have a vote on whether he should be banned from the site or not.

The poll will be open until Thursday afternoon, and depending on the result, ticker may or may not be banned.

If you vote yes, please indicate in a reply to this thread what length of ban you would like, e.g. a day, a week, maybe indefinitely?

Feel free to post arguments for/against the ban.

Thank you.

:tophat:

ticker

One time i posted a pro-flare thread which was immediately deleted by a mod because the mod didn't want the site to appear to be in favour of flares, despite the mods openly talking about organising flares in the chat room.

Another time the mods are automatically changing my posts to put a $ sign in Aloisi... what is this, the Daily Telegraph?

Fan forums should be a place where fans can voice their own opinions... not a place where the mods should modify posts so that the post agrees with the opinions of the mods.

Happy voting.

Paolo

ticker said:
One time i posted a pro-flare thread which was immediately deleted by a mod because the mod didn't want the site to appear to be in favour of flares, despite the mods openly talking about organising flares in the chat room.

Another time the mods are automatically changing my posts to put a $ sign in Aloi$i... what is this, the Daily Telegraph?

Fan forums should be a place where fans can voice their own opinions... not a place where the mods should modify posts so that the post agrees with the opinions of the mods.

Happy voting.
good post.

soundsdifferent

ticker said:

Another time the mods are automatically changing my posts to put a $ sign in Aloi$i... what is this, the Daily Telegraph?

Happy voting.
:goodpost: 
who are the mods anyway?
why do they get to dictate the website??

adz

Staff member
ticker said:

Happy voting.

Not very convincing imo but we'll see what the tribe decides.

Just in answer to these points;

1. You did not post opinion on flares, which would have been okay, you posted thanking the Marinators for organising flares. Also your post stated that we should have broken Hutcho's leg and that would have topped off the night.

2. I take the Daily Telegraph comment as a compliment. Thanks.

3. Nobody modifies posts so that the post agrees with the opinions of the mods. If you actually read the forum from time to time you would see arguments everywhere so this is irrelevant.

Adding to this, ticker is just trying to be like keensy (and the keensy gang), stirring the pot etc, except keensy can be funny sometimes, ticker on the other hand, can not.

Plus ticker is a Jets fan.

ticker

adz said:

So now you are using lies in order to back up your argument? Pathetic.

We also can't mention Kevin Musc**t without our posts being automatically modified by the mods. This is so childish. Referring to Kevin as Muscunt instead of Muscat is something I would have laughed about when i was 8 years old. The majority of members on here are adults, how about we start treating each other as adults.

Redline

ticker said:
adz said:

We also can't mention Kevin Musc**t without our posts being automatically modified by the mods. This is so childish. Referring to Kevin as Muscunt instead of Muscat is something I would have laughed about when i was 8 years old. The majority of members on here are adults, how about we start treating each other as adults.

You're clearly mew to forums. the Censor can be setup to change any word they want to any other word...generally done with cussing to keep things civilised. My main forum changes swear words to "I am an idiot"...they have clearly just set it up so that Aloisi and Muscat's names come up as you've been seeing them.

EDIT: Exactly as I suspected..I typed in their names properly for that post and they came up as the changed ones.

ticker

Countryhick said:
ticker said:
adz said:

You're clearly mew to forums. the Censor can be setup to change any word they want to any other word...generally done with cussing to keep things civilised. My main forum changes swear words to "I am an idiot"...they have clearly just set it up so that Aloi$i and Musc**t's names come up as you've been seeing them.

EDIT: Exactly as I suspected..I typed in their names properly for that post and they came up as the changed ones.

I am aware of this.

My point is that i don't think Kevin is a cunt, and I don't think Aloisi is all about the money, yet my posts are automatically changed because the mods have the opinion that Kevin is a c**t and Aloisi is all about the money. If i didn't go to the trouble of using BB Code to avoid the auto-modding of certain words, then people would also think that I think Kev is a c**t and Aloisi is after the coin.... yet that isn't MY opinion.

I am 100% in favour of the swear filter however.

adz

Staff member
ticker said:
.... Referring to Kevin as Muscunt instead of Muscat ....

Oh dear .... getting around our legitimate swear filters is a bit naughty don't you think? Grounds for instant ban imo.

Redline

No they wouldn't because it's well known to the majority of the users that their names are filtered. When you signed up you agreed to abide by the rules as set forth and enforced by the mods and admins...the management happen to have filtered those two players names...so what?

Actually I'm surprised that Joel Griffiths name isn't filtered somehow.

krusty

give ticker a break he is allowed his own opinion and getting around swear words like what a joke so are you saying everyone that says c**t and f##k should be banned if thats the case there would be no forum because everyone would be banned .go ticker speak your mind

Ted

Countryhick said:
I wasn't suggesting that they do, just that I'm surprised it wasn't.

i know mate but hey filter joel with sack and griffiths with whacker and presto!

ticker

adz said:
ticker said:
.... Referring to Kevin as Muscunt instead of Muscat ....

Oh dear .... getting around our legitimate swear filters is a bit naughty don't you think? Grounds for instant ban imo.

I feel it was requried to explain my point.

If i had just typed c**t, then it would have appeared as though I was typing 'cat' as in Muscat.

Countryhick, although many regular visitors to the site may be aware of this filtering, the less frequent visitors, such as myself, may not be aware. I don't want other members to think i don't like Muscat and Aloisi, as I am quite a fan of both players. They have both had great careers and played important roles with the national team over the years. We can't forget this, despite the fact they play for opposition teams now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred