• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

should the marinators be in a better bay....

would you rather stand in a different bay?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• bay 1

• bay 12

• Total voters

FFC Mariner

Atomic said:
I've been to away matches and nothing beats the sensation of singing and chanting with the away supporters. If the Marinators were to move to the side, then I would stand with you all.

I cant see why there cant be 2 chanting areas. One for those who prefer to stand behind the goals and those who are in the stands. This is not about splitting bay 16 but doing something to encourage football culture in other parts of the ground.

There are many people who go to away games and are as vocal as people in bay 16 but at home games they choose a decent view.

Jorome Alexander Bennett

Jeff (LouMacari) said:
Question has been asked before and no doubt will be continued to be asked for some time. For the record, we didn't start in 16 because they were the cheapest seats!
Bay 12 was the same price and a better view (no net to peer through). Bay 2 was the same price AND undercover so why didn't we start there?

We started behind the goals because those who started the movement behind supporting the Mariners from inception gravitated to behind the goals because of a historical tradition that either we or our fathers before us also stood behind the goals back in the land that they came from.

That doesn't mean its right or wrong, but it just is. It also doesn't mean we have to stay there either.

I think the debate is healthy but those who want to move may find some fairly strong opposition from powers that be due to the fact that if the entire bay were to move, I would say it would be a fairly hard sell for the club to sell those seats due to the view!

Agree with dj too in as much as we HAVE been talking about reserved seating in the bay for some time and now we have it, theres talk of moving again! LOL

Great post!

Jeff knows how to disagree without descending into ridiculousness.

I was there the first day and I will admit it wasn't because it was cheap seating. I was just trying to frame bay 16 in a less traditional light.

The difficulty of selling the seats to others is a great point that I hadn't considered.
We support the club by buying and filling the seats that noone else will.

Sean

Goldenboy said:
Jeff (LouMacari) said:
Question has been asked before and no doubt will be continued to be asked for some time. For the record, we didn't start in 16 because they were the cheapest seats!
Bay 12 was the same price and a better view (no net to peer through). Bay 2 was the same price AND undercover so why didn't we start there?

We started behind the goals because those who started the movement behind supporting the Mariners from inception gravitated to behind the goals because of a historical tradition that either we or our fathers before us also stood behind the goals back in the land that they came from.

That doesn't mean its right or wrong, but it just is. It also doesn't mean we have to stay there either.

I think the debate is healthy but those who want to move may find some fairly strong opposition from powers that be due to the fact that if the entire bay were to move, I would say it would be a fairly hard sell for the club to sell those seats due to the view!

Agree with dj too in as much as we HAVE been talking about reserved seating in the bay for some time and now we have it, theres talk of moving again! LOL

Great post!

Jeff knows how to disagree without descending into ridiculousness.

I was there the first day and I will admit it wasn't because it was cheap seating. I was just trying to frame bay 16 in a less traditional light.

The difficulty of selling the seats to others is a great point that I hadn't considered.
We support the club by buying and filling the seats that noone else will.

But we have no problem finding people who want to sit in the bay? a good two thirds of the bay were all sitting at last weeks game. (Even people closer to the back of the bay were sitting!)

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Yeah, but how many of those people are sitting there for the atmosphere?

Actually, a lot of people DO like the view from behind the goals - look how full bays 15/17 usually are.  You don't sit there for the atmosphere....

When we're attacking up that end, I don't think there's a more exciting seat in the stadium

Bear

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
When we're attacking up that end, I don't think there's a more exciting seat in the stadium

+1 I love it in my 'home' behind the goal, and wont move for any reason

~Floss~

Perm said:
But we have no problem finding people who want to sit in the bay? a good two thirds of the bay were all sitting at last weeks game. (Even people closer to the back of the bay were sitting!)

I stood towards the front on Sunday, hoping people around (and behind) me would follow suit.

I only succeeded in clearing a huge hole in the bay for 3 or 4 rows behind me. People actually moved in front and sat down where I wasn't blocking their view.

JT

Bearinator said:
Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:

+1 I love it in my 'home' behind the goal, and wont move for any reason

I agree with use two bay 16 is brilliant when the mariners are attacking our end
and half the time I'm too busy having fun chanting half the time i miss half the game not because of the view it's fine! but i do think they should put cover up?

Bear

Maybe we need to ask the CCMFC to put more emphasis on bay 16 being a SUPPORTERS bay, not a sit, watch and dont get involved bay?

~Floss~

People sitting > empty seats IMHO.

Later in the season it can become a different issue; then reserved seating will (hopefully) start to pay off.

Bear

Oh I agree people sitting is better than no people, we just cant let bay 16 turn into a culture of sitting and doing nothing to activly support the team.

FFC Mariner

Bearinator said:
Oh I agree people sitting is better than no people, we just cant let bay 16 turn into a culture of sitting and doing nothing to activly support the team.

Like most of 15/17 are you mean??

Bear

I would not say most, but certain parts of those bays yes.

Will be very interesting if the FFA make the CCMFC turn 15 and 17 into reserved seating like 16 next year

JT

Bearinator said:

Will be very interesting if the FFA make the CCMFC turn 15 and 17 into reserved seating like 16 next year

I think it would be better if they did.

Part_Timer

jt4ccm said:
Bearinator said:

agreed cuz its worked so well for 16 :S

Jerem

as far as i can see from 16, is that 15 and 17 have people keen to join in
but this reserve thing is a psychological barrier for them, so once the game is on,
lets just get those really keen to slot into the empty front areas that are constantly
empty hence my support to stick with 16 (for the time being)

Sean

aussiecross said:
jt4ccm said:
Bearinator said:

agreed cuz its worked so well for 16 :S

+1!!!

tyson

Jerome said:
as far as i can see from 16, is that 15 and 17 have people keen to join in
but this reserve thing is a psychological barrier for them, so once the game is on,
lets just get those really keen to slot into the empty front areas that are constantly
empty hence my support to stick with 16 (for the time being)

problem is, the front isnt actually empty. just occupied by real youngsters and sitters.

i think the away supporters bay would b awesome for the roof and positioning and all, but you would have to be looking to the side the whole time, and it is hard to see the far end of the field because people are in your way. that is one advantage being at the end has... you never have to turn your head.

im not sure what to think about the success of the reserved seating. it seems like the size has dropped a little bit, but may have filtered out blow-ins who are more interested in piss. i would also like to know how many people in there actually bought the ticket for it.

skilbeck

good showing from everyone:

a few points though
Aussiecross, myself and a few others attempted to have a showing down the front of the bay, this was largely successful in that we could coordinate chants in the front of the bay. There was an occassional miscommunication between sections of the bay though and this needs to be sorted out. Also a second drum may need to be strategically placed at the front to regulate tempo there and 2 megaphones are required smack bang in the middle section of the bay with one projecting downwards and another projecting upwards. There is still a lot of work today but i feel the participation and effort from our support was a step in the right direction

LFCMariners

I found a traffic cone in the car park of QE2 stadium while walking home this evening, when I return I'll bring it along. It helps acoustics quite alot, especially when getting a chant started!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred