• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

SFS it is

adz

Staff member
start putting together your angry letters to the ffa for after the grand final telling them how they f**ked everything up

serious14

Anything short of a sellout won't do irreparable damage to the game, but it will certainly give our critics a lot of ammunition.

I just hope when they've only sold 30 or so thousand 2 days before the game they have a massive fire sale on the tickets and get the neutrals in........

Having said that, if (pft!) the Jets do make it, this _hopefully_ won't be a problem.

Atomic

Just adding my voice to the chorus, a friend of mine, who is part of a family of four, will not be going due to budgetry constraints. It's a pity becasue she has two young boys who are exactly the kind of youngsters the Mariners have put in so much time and effort to attract to the game.

I think we'll see a good roll up of Yellow - but we'll also see a huge roll up of impartial football fans who are just coming for the event (I'm talking about the bling FC fans who just want to watch a great football game without passionately supporting either side)

S

soccersensei

Yip... I know another 2 families who won't be going due to cost.
But hey I'll have my 12 there :)))

Alicia

When I first saw the ticket prices I had a bit of a grumble. Then, all of my thugby league loving colleagues advised that it's quite cheap compared to NRL finals ticket prices.  Highest ticket price for A-League GF is $85, whereas, some people at work have paid up to $120.

I stopped complaining shortly after.

Jeff (LouMacari)

Alicia said:
When I first saw the ticket prices I had a bit of a grumble. Then, all of my thugby league loving colleagues advised that it's quite cheap compared to NRL finals ticket prices.  Highest ticket price for A-League GF is $85, whereas, some people at work have paid up to $120.

I stopped complaining shortly after.
YOU? ...Stopped complaining?....as if! ppfffft Puleeeese. ;)

P

Pete

For those who think the tix prices are OTT, think about what the prices may have been if the FFA had decided to hold it at Bluetongue. At least double for the same category, I'm guessing.

It's a Grand Final, it's a special day. If there's any way to get the $$ to come along to an event that is the highlight of the whole Football year for the Mariners, get along!

I can completely understand folks who face the reality that it can't be afforded, if that is the case, head to CCLC and watch the action on the big screen or wherever Charles will have set up. But those who are 50/50, maybe a dollar or two short, or just baulking at the outlay, please think again. I'd hate to have you regret not being there, when it may turn out to be the biggest day of the Mariners' short history.

dannysgirl

Ah the joys of being a student :) $25 a ticket for me and my partner.
But its a shame that some families won't get to go.
BUt for my in laws, they want to go but they have 2 kids and one is 17 so she can't get in on a family ticket, so even for cat C they will be paying $175. And I think Cat C will be sold out in no time.

When I bought our tickets, it said that all the restricted view tickets had sold out, would that be right or would they just not sell them until last?

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Considering they had the same listing as the away supporters, I'm just assuming that it lits 'alloc. exhausted' as meaning they haven't actually released them yet.

Blackadder

Yes generally speaking "restricted viewing" tickets become available when other tickets are either sold out or close to sold out.

dibo

last year's GF was $45 for cheapest tix.

i reckon they would've been best off having more people for less moula at the olympic stadium. so easy for neutrals to get along and catch the game. probably less atmosphere, but hey - if it's pure marketing you're after having 60k+ is possibly better than 45.

i think when push comes to shove this will still sell out. with some luck there's going to be a helluva lot of yellow out there too.

S

striker

I sent my angry email to FFA re ticket prices, not because it bothers me, but $ 50 (post tax)  is a bit too much for young kids who get paid about $15/h.

And, I agree with Dibo about having cheeper seats (~ $20 - $30) at the olympic stadium.

Deej

$50 don't bother me, it's the families I feel sorry for......an expensive day out......but priceless if we win

rosko

$170 for me to take my family, and that doesn't include the cost of getting there and feeding the little piranhas.... At least at Bluetongue, it's only a 15min drive, usually dinner at Monty's on the foreshore and then home to get them to bed to school... Good job FFA..  :redcard:

kevrenor

Ray Gatt | The Australian | February 14, 2008

JUST over a week before the A-League final at the Sydney Football Stadium, Football Federation Australia has been forced to defend its ticket pricing, declaring it provides better dollar value than the AFL and NRL.

The head body had to go on to the front foot after a number of fans expressed disappointment with its decision to increase its premium ticket price by $10 to $85 for Sunday week's final.

Last season, fans paid $75 for category A tickets for the match between Melbourne Victory and Adelaide United at Telstra Dome.

Also affected are prices for family tickets (two adults and two children) which will cost $165 (up $35) for category B and $125 (up $10) for category C.

On the bright side, concession tickets will cost $35 (down $10) for category B and $25 (down $15) for category C.

One fan who contacted The Australian suggested the ticket prices were tough when "you add the other incidentals such as petrol, parking and buying food at the stadium's over-the-top prices".

"People have been hit hard in the wallet lately and I wonder just how many from either Newcastle (if they make it) or Gosford could afford going to the grand final," he said.

Another fan added that families, already feeling the pinch because of interest rate rises, would now baulk at going.

However, FFA chief executive Ben Buckley said that he thought ticket prices represented good value for money compared with other sporting codes or entertainment options.

"The top price of $85 for an A reserve seat compares very favourably with the AFL grand final of $205, or $155 for the NRL grand final," Buckley said.

"Even a standing or restricted view ticket at the AFL grand final is more than 50 per cent above the price of our A reserve seat, whereas a C reserve seat at the A-League grand final is $125 for a family of four.

"The A-League final is the marquee event of the season. The finals to date have proved that 90 emotions in 90 minutes is not just a tag line, and the grand final will be one of those days not to be missed for any real football fan."

---------------------
No farken idea FFA!

bikinigirl

. i have posted up my experience in the tickets thread, but those i spoke to at the ffa didn't hesitate in spruiking the company line

. as for 90 emotions - is that meant to apply to the ticketting arrangements as well

. the price doesn't concern me as much as some, but forcing people out of cat a (unavailable on the west) takes cheaper seats away from families and concession - so it's a double whammy

northernspirit

FFA will get their asses burnt by this big time, especially if Queensland make the grand final i can see a crowd of only 25,000 being there given the crickets on next door - people in Sydney dont even turn up to watch Sydney FC, why would they watch us play?

serious14

northernspirit said:
people in Sydney dont even turn up to watch Sydney FC, why would they watch us play?

Because we're better in every way, shape, and form??  On AND off the field??

;D

northernspirit

haha, one for the FFA offices
suggestion_box.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member