• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

SFS it is

cruiser

DJ said:
Tickets will be (adults):

Category A $85
Category B $65
Behind the goal $50

Expensive day out for a family

That is cheap compared to the AFL Grand Final. I think it's also cheaper than the AFL preliminary finals.  

uncleyellow

It is steep, I dont mind paying, but it will keep people away. Especially in light of the Cricket being on at the same time, I could see alot of SFC fans that would have come, going to that instead.
Hope we still get a good crowd size...

jaypee

DJ said:
skilbeck said:
still a bit steep. If you were charging those prices I believe the curious people that wouldve been unaligned either way may not go now, so you may have been able to fit it into bluetongue if we are against QLD

I agree, I'd pay double that for the final personally but for the average family it's an expensive day out which is what the Coast is all about.......getting families to the game.

Tickets, travel, food and drink for 2 adults and 2 kids could very well cost around $250 for the day depending on where you sit? I hope it doesn't put people off?

So My family and I (2 Adults and 3 kids) who have been Gold members all year are now looking at paying the same again for crap seats. Fact is when you have little kids you need decent seats and I am not paying $85 X 5 for this. There should be an A category family and concession.

tyson

look how much category C there is... we are gunna have soooo many families buying tickets in the mariners supporters bays because they wont buy cat B. this is ridiculous.

who will be occupying the SCG trust members seats? will that even fill? i dont think that even filled the GF in v1 did it?

Chimmi

uncleyellow said:
It is steep, I dont mind paying, but it will keep people away. Especially in light of the Cricket being on at the same time, I could see alot of SFC fans that would have come, going to that instead.
Hope we still get a good crowd size...

Ditto - its steep, a pain in the arse and i can see us loosing allot of SFC and family support...still...i love my club. I won't let the money grabbing FFA take watching the Mariners win away from me.

How much were out tickets to the GF in Season 1? anyone remember?

jaypee

Can anyone comment from a viewing viewpoint on the end the Marinators will be.

I am interested in those mezzanine levels (due to the kids)....

Sean

that would be an awesome seat to watch the game in. and you will be above the Marinators so you wont be short of atmosphere

bikinigirl

jaypee said:
Can anyone comment from a viewing viewpoint on the end the Marinators will be.

I am interested in those mezzanine levels (due to the kids)....

. check out the sfs website (sydney cricket ground trust) their maps have pictures from most of the bays (not sure how to use links)

http://www.sydneycricketground.com.au/SFS-Maps.html

bulldogmariner

So are we taking over the Cove end of the Ground???
It would look so good in Yellow amd Blue!!
Ticket prices are expensive!!
Where is everyone going to park as the cricket is on at the SCG??
Does anyone at the FFA have brains
Should be at Homebush closer to travel to more ppl can go to it!!

brett

bulldogmariner said:

Park your arse on a pub stool and leave the car at home!

What time does the KB open?

tyson

brett said:
bulldogmariner said:

Park your arse on a pub stool and leave the car at home!

What time does the KB open?

word.

ps. Brett, did you take that photo in your avatar when you were spying on the Jets having a recovery session by any any chance?

Bex

jaypee said:
So My family and I (2 Adults and 3 kids) who have been Gold members all year are now looking at paying the same again for crap seats. Fact is when you have little kids you need decent seats and I am not paying $85 X 5 for this. There should be an A category family and concession.

Yeh, I've got two kids and the difference between Cat B family ($165) and Cat A (4 x $85 = $340) is just rediculous. I'm a member so I can buy on Thursday morning, but I'm struggling to accept the fact there is no family category in Cat A. It would seem that the FFA do not want kids to have a good view ??? Or perhaps they're only interested in promoting the sport to cashed up families??? ???  :redcard:

Auburn Mariner

I would hope we can secure the Cove End. The GF is NOT at our home ground, and it is not much to ask for us to sit at the Cove End, which by the way is closer to the field than the SCG End due to the cricket pitches at the SCG End.

$50 for a single ticket is not unreasonable, but it gets pretty steep for a family. My memory of the V1 GF is that the tix were approx $35.00 each.

The AFL GF is much more expensive than this, but nosebleed Stadium Australia State of Origin tix were $36 each this year.

TAKE THE TIP; do not drive. Traffic will be diabolical, with 30-35k at the SCG and 43k at the SFS. One can only imagine the traffic if, by some off chance, the following occurs:

1. Australia, chasing an Indian total of 250, go beserk via AC Gilchrist and ML Hayden and that game finishes at 9.15-9.30.

2. Our game against Newcastle goes into extra time, we win, we stay for the Presso and lap of honour, and then try to catch buses into Central AT THE SAME TIME as the departing cricket fans.

The KB will be rocking very early, I would suggest. So will the train home and the CCLC.

Auburn Mariner

Brett's avatar is from the very ordinary village of Buladelah, about one hour north of a certain city WE SMASHED on Sunday Night.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Fark me, is it just me or is this finals series turning into a bigger farce every day?

-Absolute cock-up with seating reservations at EAS
-fans from any team sitting anywhere, including opposition supporter bays
-FFA deciding at the last minute that the GF would be held in Sydney, no matter what, despite what earlier saying
-Having the GF played after a full day of league (they could've at least booked the stadium for the weekend)
-screwing everybody around by taking their sweet time releasing ticket prices, then having them pretty overpriced, and completely ignoring the families - families are what you NEED to attract.  One member from a family comes, they all come.  That's 4-5 bums on seats.  Outprice it for a family venture, then suddenly that's 4-5 more people who will watch at home - or, more likely, waiting to find out the result on 'Sports Tonight'
-having it when there's cricket on, so no parking

Seriously, these guys couldn't organise a farken erection in a farken brothel, this is rapidly turning into a circus. 

tyson

Speaking of the CCLC... will there be a post match gathering there with the team like last time?

tyson

Bex said:
jaypee said:

Yeh, I've got two kids and the difference between Cat B family ($165) and Cat A (4 x $85 = $340) is just rediculous. I'm a member so I can buy on Thursday morning, but I'm struggling to accept the fact there is no family category in Cat A. It would seem that the FFA do not want kids to have a good view ??? Or perhaps they're only interested in promoting the sport to cashed up families??? ???  :redcard:

Yeah, funny... considering we are the apparent gypsies.

tyson

Auburn Mariner said:
Brett's avatar is from the very ordinary village of Buladelah, about one hour north of a certain city WE SMASHED on Sunday Night.

haha. I was actually alluding to the fact that the Jet's jersey resembles the colour of poo. I thought that maybe they got the colour while having a recovery session in a 'poo sauna'.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred