• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Semi-final 2nd leg: Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United

dibo

shamelessly nicked from another forum:

pissants.gif

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Farina isn't happy about Muscat getting off -
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-league/queensland-roar-over-muscat-let-off-172773/

A let-off for Melbourne Victory hardman Kevin Muscat has sparked fresh accusations from a frustrated Queensland that Roar enforcer Danny Tiatto is targeted by officials.

Reddy accepts aggressive Tiatto----
Roar outwit Mariners----
Tiatto fined for reaction----
Tiatto in more hot water----
Tiatto is the A-League's Don Logan----

Victory captain Muscat is free to play in the A-League grand final after the independent match review panel ruled it had "no authority to intervene" in a stomping incident last Saturday night.

The panel said it was powerless to act on Muscat treading on Adelaide defender Daniel Mullen's buttocks because "the matter did not escape the attention" of referee Matthew Breeze.

Roar coach Frank Farina was clearly not impressed, claiming his goalkeeper Liam Reddy copped a one match ban for a similar offence in January 2007.

But the subject quickly turned to Tiatto, who returns from yet another suspension in Saturday night's preliminary final against Adelaide United at Hindmarsh Stadium.

Farina has constantly defended the former Socceroo's no nonsense approach, saying his constant run-ins with authority are due to officials singling him out.

And he used the Muscat incident to support his case.

"I think personally if it was Danny Tiatto in that situation he would have been cited," Farina said in Brisbane on Tuesday.

"I was very surprised to be honest (that Muscat was let off).

"When you look at the footage, how Kevin couldn't have been cited I don't know.

"Something similar happened with Liam a couple of years ago when I first got here and he got a game for it.

"But I don't make the rules.

"I've got a lot of time for Kevin but I think in this instance he should feel very, very lucky."

Muscat and Tiatto both forged formidable reputations plying their trade overseas but Farina wondered why only his charge's reputation preceded him in the A-League.

"Let's not forget that Danny has been playing at the highest level for 17 years - in Italy, England and Australia," Farina said.

"If he survives 17 years without actually hurting a player, like career-ending, I think that says it all.

"I don't want Danny to change his style, he's a good player.

"But he's certainly got a reputation here. I don't know why.

"Danny can't sneeze at the moment without getting into trouble."

Tiatto returns from a one match ban after earning two yellow cards for challenges in Queensland's minor semi-final first leg win over Central Coast at Gosford.

But he still has a one match suspended ban hanging over his head after the league scrutinised his fiery reaction to his send-off.

He also had to cough up $2,000 for his response to referee Ben Williams - the second time he had been fined in as many weeks.

But - not for the first time this season - Farina said he didn't have to address anything with Tiatto before their must-win clash against the Reds.

"I think he knows to be honest," Farina smiled.

"His experience of the last few weeks with fines and what not, you don't need to say anything to Danny."

Hahaha, Farina still hasn't learnt how to not sound like an idiot.  Tiatto is another protected species who gets away with way too much.

Heck, he just copped a measly $2000 fine for getting in the ref's face and abusing him - something which, let's be honest, should've resulted in a further suspension, not a meaningless fine which wouldn't have hurt him a bit.

Tiatto targeted?  So much of Tiatto's stuff is missed it isn't funny - heck, I'd hesitantly rate him AND Moore as both being filthier than Muscat these days.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred