• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Semi-final 2nd leg: Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United

Sacko

Crickey that is very funny - he has totally lost the plot, he'll be looking on Seek come Monday

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Omni said:
Tiatto did get a $5k fine, same will happen to the player who incited the crowd, Musc**t will be cited and miss the Grand Final.

If Musc**t doesn't get cited for clearly being caught punching Matty Simon in the balls, he sure as hell won't get cited for this.  I can understand how this one may have been missed by the ref (and no, I'm not attempting to justify every referee who's missed Muscat's actions), but it hasn't been missed by the FFA - whether or not they do anything about it is another matter. 

I think part of the problem is that officials are far too willing to give Muscat the benefit of the doubt.  Even this one, he could've just stepped on him completely by accident, right?  (I know he didn't, as does anybody who's seen Muscat play for more than 5 minutes).

Still, that makes me wonder - what pressure is being put on the referees behind the scenes to make them too scared to make the big call and say 'screw it, I reckon you did it deliberately.  I know I can't prove it, I know it didn't look deliberate, but I didn't get this far without having some instincts and I'm bloody well going to use them'?

If there's undue pressure on the officials to not send off, this would also explain why there are so many vicious challenges (like Tiatto's last week, and dozens more like it) that are being let go.

When all the officials are doing the same thing wrong, it says to me that there's probably a problem behind the scenes....

kevrenor

Is Viddy gone?
:p

"Adelaide United FC has resolved the issues of the past 24 hours regarding Coach Aurelio Vidmar after a successful meeting at the club this afternoon.

Club owners Nick Bianco and Dario Fontanarosa, Chairman Mel Patzwald, CEO Sam Ciccarello and Vidmar sat down to discuss The Reds coachs outburst at the post match media conference after the game against Melbourne Victory last night.

After almost two hours behind closed doors, the outcome of the meeting was entirely positive, with Patzwald declaring Vidmar has the unconditional support of the Adelaide United Football Club ... "

FFC Mariner

They will punt him the day after their season ends IMHO

(Unless they turn it around and win the GF of course)

Omni

Vote of Confidence, put in your CVs to AUFC now!

It's weird that big calls aren't being made (although it was a big call to give Tiatto his 2nd yellow, and unlike many others I think the 2nd yellow was fair, following through is dangerous, and yea he should have been sent already) given what happened in the 2008 Final. It might be all the criticism referees get for "ruining a good match" by making the right call and sending someone off.

Sean

FFC Mariner said:
They will punt him the day after their season ends IMHO
(Unless they turn it around and win the GF of course)

If that were the case he would go on to a bigger and better club following all the praise he got in the ACL.

Adelaides loss, and Kosminas gain (of Vidmar's job) ;)

clarence

David Votoupal said:
There is something really rotten at management level at AUFC.

Care to elaborate? To me it looked like Vidmar wanted to get something off his chest but stopped short of really saying what the spit was about, as if he suddenly realised what he was eluding to and that IF he said it all, he'd be sued.

FFC Mariner

FFC Mariner said:
Omni said:
Tiatto did get a $5k fine, same will happen to the player who incited the crowd, Musc**t will be cited and miss the Grand Final.

I wish - the ref will say that he decided no action was warranted. It will have been deemed to be dealt with on the field and another piss weak official will have backed down from that scumbag.

The dealt with on the field is crap because the ref sees he made a mistake, says he saw it but was ok. No action can be taken and ref isnt made to look the weak, gutless wanker that he is.

<Rant over>

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25062726-5000940,00.html

Well what do ya know - no action to be taken as ref says he dealt with it on the field.

I'd actually be happier if they did take bribes. The alternative is they are inept and gutless.

Oh but they did issue a "please explain" Vidmar. Really, the FFA/MRP are themselves guilty of bringing the game into disrepute

FFC Mariner

The independent Match Review Panel (MRP) today considered an incident involving Kevin Muscat (Melbourne Victory) and Daniel Mullen (Adelaide United) in the 66th minute of the match between the two clubs on Saturday night.  As the matter did not escape the attention of the referee, the MRP has no authority to intervene.

(From the FFA - my bad, wrong link)

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Ridiculous - it obviously HAS escaped the attention of the referee.  Either that or the referee is utterly incompetent - and let's face it, if you think that a player stomping on another player doesn't warrant so much as a word, let alone a red card (which it should've resulted in), you don't belong anywhere near a whistle.

I can't imagine the ref saying 'yeah I thought it was fine' to save his arse from the inspector either - the match inspector would be more understanding if he said 'shit, it didn't look that bad from my angle...'

Sigh....no bloody surprise at the end result

So would they have asked the ref if he saw it, or are they just assuming that it was seen?

Apparently hand gestures, or Viddie telling it as it is, are more despicable than deliberately stomping on a very fragile area of a person.

So, in order of seriousness hand gestures > referee abuse > filthy assault on a player.

Still, we already know that the FFA condone punches to the groin (Muscat against CCM in recent weeks), so I guess there's no surprise.

I'm sure the name of the player or club involved has no relevance to the FFA's decisions.

I think a 'please explain' is long overdue from the FFA I don't think they realise how much the fans are losing faith when the same players get away with blatant assault, week in, week out, and clearly caught on camera doing so.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred