• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Season 5 Draw

Timmah

Mariners draw:

Central Coast Mariners
RD DATE OPPONENT HOME / AWAY VENUE AEST/AEDT LOCAL
1 Thu 6 Aug 2009 Melbourne Victory Away Etihad Stadium 8.00pm 8.00pm
2 Fri 14 Aug 2009 Newcastle Jets Home Bluetongue Stadium 8.00pm 8.00pm
3 Sat 22 Aug 2009 Sydney FC Home Bluetongue Stadium 3.00pm 3.00pm
4 Sat 29 Aug 2009 Queensland Roar Away Suncorp Stadium 3.00pm 3.00pm
5* Fri 4 Sep 2009 Perth Glory Home TBC 8.00pm 8.00pm
6 Fri 11 Sep 2009 Adelaide United Away Hindmarsh Stadium 8.00pm 7.30pm
7 Sat 19 Sep 2009 Gold Coast United Home Bluetongue Stadium 7.30pm 7.30pm
8 Sun 27 Sep 2009 Wellington Phoenix Away Westpac Stadium 3.00pm 5.00pm
9 Mon 5 Oct 2009 Sydney FC Away Sydney Football Stadium 3.00pm 3.00pm
10 Sun 11 Oct 2009 North Queensland Fury Home Bluetongue Stadium 3.00pm 3.00pm
11 Sat 17 Oct 2009 Queensland Roar Away Suncorp Stadium 7.00pm 6.00pm
12 Fri 23 Oct 2009 Newcastle Jets Away EnergyAustralia Stadium 8.00pm 8.00pm
13* Sat 31 Oct 2009 Adelaide United Home TBC 7.00pm 7.00pm
14 Sat 7 Nov 2009 Melbourne Victory Away Etihad Stadium 7.00pm 7.00pm
15 Sat 21 Nov 2009 North Queensland Fury Away Dairy Farmers Stadium 9.00pm 8.00pm
16 Fri 27 Nov 2009 Perth Glory Home Bluetongue Stadium 8.00pm 8.00pm
17 Sat 5 Dec 2009 Gold Coast United Away Skilled Park 9.00pm 8.00pm
18 Sat 12 Dec 2009 Melbourne Victory Home Bluetongue Stadium 7.00pm 7.00pm
19 Wed 23 Dec 2009 Sydney FC Away Sydney Football Stadium 7.30pm 7.30pm
20 Sat 19 Dec 2009 Queensland Roar Home Bluetongue Stadium 6.00pm 6.00pm
21 Thu 31 Dec 2009 Wellington Phoenix Home Bluetongue Stadium 6.00pm 6.00pm
22 Sat 9 Jan 2010 North Queensland Fury Home Bluetongue Stadium 7.00pm 7.00pm
23 Fri 15 Jan 2010 Adelaide United Away Hindmarsh Stadium 8.00pm 7.30pm
24 Fri 22 Jan 2010 Gold Coast United Home Bluetongue Stadium 8.00pm 8.00pm
25 Sun 31 Jan 2010 Perth Glory Away Members Equity Stadium 7.00pm 5.00pm
26 Sat 6 Feb 2010 Newcastle Jets Home Bluetongue Stadium 6.00pm 6.00pm
27 Fri 12 Feb 2010 Wellington Phoenix Away Westpac Stadium 5.30pm 7.30pm

Timmah

Jimmy said:
Fark!
Have a look around on the forum first.

When I posted it last year it was in CCM Generally forum so there was a copy of the draw in there. Why isn't this in both forums?

[Give the mods a chance to do the usual!!]

trev

f**king awesome, GC trip defenat, put in for holidays tommoz :), and then find somewhere to stay

Auburn Mariner

Zachary and I just got back from the opulent Hyundai headquarters at Macquarie Park. Thanks to Mick, we attended the Launch.

Yes, 11 games at home is a bit odd. 31 October is a no-brainer, CCS must be undergoing returfing. Some conjecture about games at Canberra Stadium and MAYBE out west, best rectangular stadium with NO cricket block is Apex Park at Dubbo, cue jokes about losing hubcaps a la matches involving Scouse Gits!!!

The Final 6 works like this:

Week 1:

1 v 2 (1st Leg)
3 v 6 (Sudden-death, Team 3 hosts)
4 v 5 (Sudden-death, Team 4 hosts)

Week 2:

1 v 2 (2nd leg)
Winners of Sudden-death finals play each other

Week 3:

Loser of 1 v 2 against the winner of the Sudden-death finalists qualifier

Week 4:

GF

Points of interest are:

*The match at the SCG, Sydney FC against Fergie-Fowler Fury, September 12, and I have the day off!! You beauty.
*Sydney playing a home game at Parramatta. Litmus Test of the highest order.
*Us playing Bling at the GREAT SFS on a Long Weekend Monday
*Us playing a home game on NYE, against SheBangaBang
*The structure of the finals series.
*The MASSIVE game on Dec 23 at the SFS against the Bling. Fully sick.

Was interesting being there, despite the Polynesian Hyundai Security Officer (a dead-ringer for Odd-Job, btw) who looked at me VERY suspiciously. Note to self, wear a bloody suit next time instead of Mariners Apparel.

The FFA Media Manager looked like she had borrowed a suit from Hyacinth Bucket, and Ben Buckey handles himself very well with the media. So does Archie Fraser, despite being the ex-CEO of those St Kilda fools.

serious14

Auburn Mariner said:
*The match at the SCG, Sydney FC against Fergie-Fowler Fury, September 12, and I have the day off!! You beauty.

You know, I have a sneaking suspicion that match will go very close to selling out. The novelty of playing somewhere different plus the Fowler effect...... I think many underestimate just how many Liverpool fans there are in Sydney, and we all know how much they adore the drug cheat.

I like the way the finals are set out - if only it was a top 6 in a 12 team competition.  Time will tell though.  ;)

midfielder

To a large extend we have left the protection of playing in Summer only .... starting earlier finishing latter ...  Hear we go ... The start of stage 3 I guess in the rebirth Obie One I hope you made the right call...

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25356022-5006068,00.html

No Time for Excuses...

Archie Fraser the man charged with taking the A-League to the next level has warned the clubs he intends to set demanding benchmarks and won't tolerate "mediocrity".

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/2009InsideFFA/default.aspx?s=insideffa_newsfeatures_newsitem_new&id=27199

BB  also explained the issues that bear on the construction of the Hyundai A-League draw.

"We have a number of unique international factors which have to be taken into account which are placeholders for the draw."

These include:

* FIFA match dates involving the Qantas Socceroos
    * Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Asian Cup qualifying fixtures for the 2011 AFC Asian Cup
    * AFC Champions League fixtures involving Central Coast Mariners and Newcastle Jets, and
    * potential participation of either Central Coast or Newcastle in the 2009 FIFA Club World Cup (emulating Adelaide United's achievement from 2008).

Buckley said that there were other issues to factor into the draw, such as:

* Club and fan preference
    * player and match official welfare
    * other major events including other sporting codes fixtures
    * venue availability, and
    * broadcaster preferences.

Ben

i am happy cause the perth game on 27th of november is my birthday and then its the trip to gold coast the next week so i get a mariners game on birthday and then my first big trip away, can't wait for it

Paolo

Rofl at bb calling brisbane v gold coast the first true local derby of the league despite them being just as far apart as we are to sydney and newy

marinermick

Well, our football team's end of season trip has been decided - weekend of 17/18 Oct. Fly to Gold Coast Friday. Friday night on the Coast, train up to Brissy for the Mariners game and train back some time during the night, sunday night supporting the Glory v Gold Coast at Robina, and Monday home.

Omni

Darn, I'm still at the conference on the 17th of October so won't be able to make the Brisbane game, will probably check out Gold Coast V Perth, with Perth fans of course.

Will wait on picking any away games until I see where the Mariners 'home away from home' games are. If it means a rubbish pitch instead of a beach I'm happy with it. (I have no faith that CCS will have a GOOD pitch)

Gav...

TerrigalUtd said:
Anyone have any clue how Final Series will work with 6 teams?

*1v2 play in a 2 legged semi final - winner through to GF and loser to PF
*3v6 & 4v5 play in an elimination semi final - winners through to week 2 and losers knocked out
* Winners of Elimination Semi Final Games Play - winner to PF and loser knocked out
* Preliminary Final - winner to grand final and loser knocked out
* Grand Final

Arabmariner

I like the 2 home derbies in a row and the Monday holiday in Sydney.

3 home fixtures in a row around Xmas and new year when we tend to get our best crowds. Against teams we wouldn't normally draw our best crowds against......good move imo.

Sydney at the SCG.......WTF ?? It's a cricket ground you plonkers!!

There's a perfectly good football stadium next door ffs!

And as for a 6 team post season cup.........words fail me....what a f**kin joke!

We could finish 6th, miles behind the league champs after a crap season........but on paper ...."we made the finals"....... ???

It's exciting to see the draw and to be able to start planning away trips etc.....but really....that finals series....:headbutt:

bulldogmariner

KEY POINT SUMMARY
Eleven (11) home games @ Bluetongue Stadium.
*Two (2) home fixtures are to be relocated away from Bluetongue, being Rd 5 v Perth Glory and Rd 13 v Adelaide United;
Fourteen (14) away games;
Three (3) Friday home fixtures @ Bluetongue Stadium;
Six (6) Saturday home fixtures @ Bluetongue Stadium;
One (1) Sunday home fixture @ Bluetongue Stadium;
New Years Eve home fixture @ Bluetongue Stadium;
The Club will host Newcastle Jets, North Queensland Fury, Gold Coast United and Perth Glory two (2) times during the season.

TerrigalUtd

Gav... said:
TerrigalUtd said:
Anyone have any clue how Final Series will work with 6 teams?

*1v2 play in a 2 legged semi final - winner through to GF and loser to PF
*3v6 & 4v5 play in an elimination semi final - winners through to week 2 and losers knocked out
* Winners of Elimination Semi Final Games Play - winner to PF and loser knocked out
* Preliminary Final - winner to grand final and loser knocked out
* Grand Final

thanks i get it now, i actually like this way now since there is a huge difference between getting 2nd and 3rd

dru

on a purely selfish note the friday home game that is likely being moved is going to be a bitch to get to for me.

actually liking the rest of the draw, a number of Saturday interstate trips.

at the moment my away schedule is looking like this.

round 9 vs Sydney
round 11 vs Brisbane
round 12 vs Newcastle
round 14 vs Melbourne *must start to book this when I get home
round 15 vs Nth Qld
round 17 vs Gold Coast *you keen bear?
round 19 vs Sydney

and either round 6 or round 23 in Adelaide, depends which I can take off work.

clarence

dru said:
on a purely selfish note the friday home game that is likely being moved is going to be a bitch to get to for me.

actually liking the rest of the draw, a number of Saturday interstate trips.

at the moment my away schedule is looking like this.

round 9 vs Sydney
round 11 vs Brisbane
round 12 vs Newcastle
round 14 vs Melbourne *must start to book this when I get home
round 15 vs Nth Qld
round 17 vs Gold Coast *you keen bear?
round 19 vs Sydney

and either round 6 or round 23 in Adelaide, depends which I can take off work.

With all the away matches you'll be going to, I'm surprised that you are still working at all, lol! You sure you haven't retired?

Keep up the good work - I'm envious.......  :p

FFC Mariner

At this stage, away trips for me are likely to be

9 Mon 5 Oct 2009 Sydney FC Away Sydney Football Stadium 3.00pm 3.00pm
11 Sat 17 Oct 2009 Queensland Roar Away Suncorp Stadium 7.00pm 6.00pm
12 Fri 23 Oct 2009 Newcastle Jets Away EnergyAustralia Stadium 8.00pm 8.00pm
14 Sat 7 Nov 2009 Melbourne Victory Away Etihad Stadium 7.00pm 7.00pm
17 Sat 5 Dec 2009 Gold Coast United Away Skilled Park 9.00pm 8.00pm
19 Wed 23 Dec 2009 Sydney FC Away Sydney Football Stadium 7.30pm 7.30pm

midfielder

I must say I am a little apprehensive about the head to head battle with the AFL & NRL so early on in Hals existence Many questions come to mind .. are we ready do we have the players why now, why not in 2 years . why not after the WC assuming we make it . why the rush

Then I look at Obie One BB & now Archie Fraser do they have the management ability to make the call would they have checked and rechecked data / surveys / economic conditions / Asian Football politics / the ability of the new and existing teams to survive / would , could they assume media coverage etc .OMG it had to come one day and the day is near head to head for 3 months the starting two and the ending month no longer hide behind the summer protection . massive call the bring it on crowd, have won bugger me it is going to be hard.. However although I think its to early I have faith in the management team so where to from here

.Archie Fraser the man charged with taking the A-League to the next level has warned the clubs he intends to set demanding benchmarks and wont tolerate mediocrity. There is no time for Excuses
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25356022-5006068,00.html

The gist of this article is everyone must lift to a higher standard at club / player / coach level Frasers argument is more about administrators lifting their game and connecting to the football family including the elusive European set

Management he argues need to do more to connect to the football family he is right how its done I have no idea at this stage all I know we are no longer a fringe player on the Australian sporting landscape we have a 8 month season still 4 years away from the next media deal

I have faith in our management team I hope that Archie can show and lead the A-League teams on how to improve and connect more with the football family the start of stage 3 so much to do, so many obstacles in the way, in the end it will come down to the average punter in the street the new day awaits expectations a plenty, .. Yes we can says midfielder looking around nervously yes we can

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred