• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Season 5 Draw

Jesus

Jesus
Will be released on monday.
Expected roar vs GC at bris and fury vs bling in sydney in 1st round.
Which must be for fowler, cant believe they arent playing sydney at home.

Jesus

Jesus
dibo said:
no leaks? awwww.... :(

Only idea i have heard for us is that we start with scum, and have gc in round 3 i think it was. But not sure. That one had melb vs gc in melb 2nd week.

Alicia

still to early for draw to be released imo but stranger things have happened i suppose

Jesus

Jesus
Alicia said:
still to early for draw to be released imo but stranger things have happened i suppose

from fox
Switch of draw a score for Roar
By Mike Colman
April 15, 2009 The simmering feud between the soon-to-be Brisbane Roar and A-League newcomers Gold Coast United has escalated after Football Federation Australia backflipped on plans to play a lucrative round 1 derby at Skilled Park.

The first-draft draw circulated by the federation last year had Gold Coast making their debut against the Roar -- which next month will change their name from Queensland to Brisbane -- at their Robina home ground.

But yesterday it was disclosed the match will be played at Brisbane's 52,500-seat Suncorp Stadium, the home of the Roar.

With the excitement generated by the arrival of a new club, the involvement of billionaire owner Clive Palmer and the showdown between Gold Coast's former Roar coach Miron Bleiberg and Frank Farina -- the man who replaced him -- the August 8 match was almost guaranteed to sell out the 28,000-capacity Skilled Park.

But it could attract more than 40,000 people to Suncorp, providing a potential $500,000 bonanza to the cash-strapped Roar.

The leaking of the latest draft draw came as rumours strengthened that FFA is about to take a stake in the financially embattled Roar.

"The FFA have said they'll support us going forward," Roar chief executive officer Lawrence Oudendyk confirmed last night.

Farina said the Roar "would be fine" despite the club's cash concerns.

"We'll still be here," the former Socceroos mentor said.

Omni

Might make a trip for Sydney V North Queensland.

GCU are furious at the 'move' (I don't know how anything is a move when there hasn't been a draw) calling the Roar hypocrites and saying it's not their responsibility to keep Queensland afloat (all in the 442 article).

Jesus

Jesus
Omni said:
Might make a trip for Sydney V North Queensland.

GCU are furious at the 'move' (I don't know how anything is a move when there hasn't been a draw) calling the Roar hypocrites and saying it's not their responsibility to keep Queensland afloat (all in the 442 article).

The previous leaks all said GC to host roar in 1st round.

FFA are obviously thinking fowler can attract a good crowd for bling first up, and fury can then face brisbane at home for their 1st match.

FFC Mariner

Fowler will attract every red scouse there is to his 1st game - big crowd for SFC methinks.

Cue hubcap shortage around Moore Park

kevrenor

marinermick said:
Mariners away to Melbourne first round Thursday 6 August.

Bugger, those who wanted the season brought forward won!

Also, back to Thursday night games?

HAL 5 Draw launched on Monday at Macquarie Park, so we shall see then I suppose ..

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Awesome, the season's only 4 months away, exciting stuff!

Fantastic news for us south-of-the-border marinators :D

(realistically though, a local derby of some description is a much better way to open the season.  Give everybody a derby)

marinermick

kevrenor said:
marinermick said:

HAL 5 Draw launched on Monday at Macquarie Park, so we shall see then I suppose ..

you going chris?

lunchtime and short walking distance from work - i may well just make this one

Jesus

Jesus
kevrenor said:
marinermick said:

I think the FFA wanted no interuptions for the finals. There are less international breaks i believe. Only 2 rather than 4 i thin k it was last season. Which means starting 1 week early, they may finish one week later evening it out, or have a Christmas holiday midweek round? There are no games the weekend before 6 jan, meaning that we should still have the NYE match. But since that is a thursday, there could be a full round with matches on the weds and maybe another on NYE. Possibly one on new years day.

Hopefully no thursdays, but if season starts then there may be a few. Though this could have been down to stadium availability in melbourne in that weekend.

kevrenor

marinermick said:
you going chris?

No got to work in the CBD.  Paul should be there.

I am in a minority I know that thinks the season should be 'summer' and start in late September and end in April.  Personally I will miss R1-6

mariners4ever

Pre season cup has been axed!!!!!!!!!!

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/101203,phoenix-preseason-cup-axed.aspx

THE A-League pre-season cup has been axed ahead of season five which kicks off on August 7, according to reports in New Zealand.
Wellington Phoenix CEO Tony Pignata confirmed the news when speaking to The Dominion Post.

The report said that the Cup had been cancelled because most A-League clubs wanted to arrange their own games.

It means fans in Wellington may not have a chance to see Phoenix play until the start of the new season. The draw for A-League season five will be announced this Monday.

Pignata said Phoenix hoped to arrange at least seven matches before the A-League starts on August 7. This included a potential trip to China in July for three games against CSL opposition.

Currently, two pre-season matches are scheduled against A-League opposition - Melbourne at home and Central Coast away. But that game against the premier could be staged in another New Zealand city.

"We're talking with Christchurch about going down there and doing a training camp, maybe playing a Canterbury selection and Melbourne Victory," Pignata told the newspaper. "We were very well received there last year."

Christchurch could also be in line to host a regular season match, with Phoenix set to take two of their 13 home fixtures outside Wellington for the first time, added the report.

The New Zealand franchise is continuing to put pressure on the FFA to have a reserve team in the national youth league, with the club arguing it's unfair their fringe players do not get game time like other A-League clubs in the NYL.

The official draw for next season will be unveiled by the FFA on Monday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred