• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Season 2011- all things local thread

hilly1981

Yeah just got the word no game this weekend for us against your mob ;)

Heh if your playing SEU then you might be playing against my brother. I think he is playing AA3's for them. Not too sure.

Hmm we are in AA11's and only have 6 teams in our comp. So 15 rounds for us :) The draw is up on the CCF website now. I see Gosford have quite a few MAA teams.

hasbeen

Just seen the draw and one huge problem sticking out like dog's bollix is that the M21 has only 7 teams, so there are only 12 rounds. That's right, so Students playing in this comp not ony have to pay full rego, but get shorted on the games as well. Should be 18 rounds with games slotted mid-week at Pluim. Get it sorted CCF !!!

priorpeter

Yeah just got the word no game this weekend for us against your mob ;)

Heh if your playing SEU then you might be playing against my brother. I think he is playing AA3's for them. Not too sure.

Hmm we are in AA11's and only have 6 teams in our comp. So 15 rounds for us :) The draw is up on the CCF website now. I see Gosford have quite a few MAA teams.
Ah right.. Yep, not only do we have a few AA teams, but we have 2 teams in AA4, one of which is us (apparently got moved down from 3's).
Not sure if we're actually playing SEU this weekend but will find out tonight. Mmmm.. Pre-season training.

darrensprod

Just seen the draw and one huge problem sticking out like dog's bollix is that the M21 has only 7 teams, so there are only 12 rounds. That's right, so Students playing in this comp not ony have to pay full rego, but get shorted on the games as well. Should be 18 rounds with games slotted mid-week at Pluim. Get it sorted CCF !!!

The 21's comp has a problem in that there were 8 teams when we did the draw and one team pulled out at the last minute leaving 7. There is no other grade to draw teams from. CCF has guaranteed every team 14 games as minimum and as such are working on a solution for the 21's comp to increase the number of games. This will be anounced in the next couple of weeks but rather than delay the main draw it was was released as is to provide the first 14 weeks to the teams.

Unfortunately the withdrawl of this team late left us in a predicament that we are now working through.

Regards
Darren Sprod
Chairman
CCF

Kareem

we cancelled 21s...not late though!
We cancelled 2 weeks ago the day of team nominations. So we never actually nominated a 21s team
We nominated for 2s, 5s and 8s...
And bloody CCF gave us 3s, 6s and 9s.
Not too upset over 6s and 9s...
But for goodness sake our club's '3rd grade' is stuck in maa3. They were maa1 last year so logically we should be in maa2
Logic= We came 10th in 12 team comp.
Say keep top 8 (or 7, and bring 1 up from 2's?)(roughly) in Maa1. Then move next 4 (maybe 5) to maa2...
But who cares about logic

We drew 2-2 with Gosford maa4-1
We had a grading squad. Half 3s and half 6s so good result i suppose

And now for the bad news.
I had a bad accident and crushed my elbow, breaking the head of the radius. They had to reconstruct the head (and thus part of the elbow) using a metal plate.
Out for the season at this stage :headbutt:
Going to be a long year!

marinermick

I have renamed this thread to all things local.

Anyway, Ourimbah AA6 play Woongarrah 3pm at Kanwal.

Pumped for first game of season.

priorpeter

Could've gone either way that one. Might be a bit biased but I'll say Gosford should have got a result out of that.

Wasn't easy on that pitch. More pot-shots from halfway needed IMO

hilly1981

We are vs Gosford at Doyalson 10am kickoff.

Unfortunately I cant play this weekend due to another committment that is on at the same time.

hilly1981

Could've gone either way that one. Might be a bit biased but I'll say Gosford should have got a result out of that.

Wasn't easy on that pitch. More pot-shots from halfway needed IMO

I was going to come and watch but got back from Sydney late. My brother played half that game, and spent the rest of it chatting on the sideline. Didnt even know what the score was lol!

Revilo

we cancelled 21s...not late though!
We cancelled 2 weeks ago the day of team nominations. So we never actually nominated a 21s team
We nominated for 2s, 5s and 8s...
And bloody CCF gave us 3s, 6s and 9s.
Not too upset over 6s and 9s...
But for goodness sake our club's '3rd grade' is stuck in maa3. They were maa1 last year so logically we should be in maa2
Logic= We came 10th in 12 team comp.
Say keep top 8 (or 7, and bring 1 up from 2's?)(roughly) in Maa1. Then move next 4 (maybe 5) to maa2...
But who cares about logic

And now for the bad news.
I had a bad accident and crushed my elbow, breaking the head of the radius. They had to reconstruct the head (and thus part of the elbow) using a metal plate.
Out for the season at this stage :headbutt:
Going to be a long year!

Kareem, how are you going?

Is the team in the 9's the same one as your 7's team last year?

Kareem

Gettin better...will know more on monday when cast is off and stitches taken out.
I'm going to look at all my options and do watever it takes to try and get on field this year...very doubtful at this stage
In the meantime i'll be taking up a role with maa3 and maa6. I am running training atm. And will help on sideline on w/e...
Watching football is better than no football...

Last year we had maa1, maa5, maa6, maa7
This year we have maa3, maa6 and maa9

Last year's maa7's have collapsed
4 went to the o35s, 1 to ressies, 1 to maa3, 1 to maa6, 1 to maa9

Last year's maa5 have left the club.

Last year's maa1 went to maa3
Our maa6 is mostly ex-18s

And to answer the mystery of maa9...
Last year's maa6 have dropped to maa9
Tbh our maa7 team was stronger than our maa6 team...just one of those things...

marinermick

Where did last year's 5s go and have they stayed as a team as a whole?

There were a couple of exceptional players that carried that team and should have been playing a higher level.

Kareem

1 player has gone onto Grade
Their '14th man', a player from te 18C's went maa3.
The rest i've been told have left...

Revilo

Gettin better...will know more on monday when cast is off and stitches taken out.
I'm going to look at all my options and do watever it takes to try and get on field this year...very doubtful at this stage

And to answer the mystery of maa9...

Last year's maa6 have dropped to maa9
Tbh our maa7 team was stronger than our maa6 team...just one of those things...

Good luck with the recovery, I see you're in Wyoming? Might have to register for us if we lose a player or two mid-season!

Where did the MAA6's (who have dropped to 9's) finish in their comp last year?

WELL INFORMED

40-50 games without a referee this sunday, not good , more than last year which from memory averaged about 30 games per sunday with no official. Saturdays games are all covered bar about 6.

Kareem

Good luck with the recovery, I see you're in Wyoming? Might have to register for us if we lose a player or two mid-season!

Where did the MAA6's (who have dropped to 9's) finish in their comp last year?
i dont like wyoming though :p... but the fields are 500m from my house.
Sad thing is...we have 1 spot left in SEU Men's All Age overall...so i might miss out on my own club
If I made a miraculous recovery and cant play for SEU i'd think bout Godford or Wyoming maybe.
I've actually been invited by some mates to play Gosford Maa7...they got a few ex-Grade players from Ourimbah- should be pretty strong

I think maa9 came 6th in the 6's last year.
They were a bit unlucky in a couple of games...just lack experience (mainly 21 year olds. Good individuals here and there...just struggle for those results in tight games

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred